Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to For Sale / Wanted | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > Freecycle

Replies in this thread : 3

Author

Topic : Freecycle

m2fcd
Website Member

Website Member

21/01/2009 : 12:05:54      reply with quote

www.freecycle.org/
This website maybe of use to lots of local people.

The Freecycle Network™ is made up of 4,661 groups with 6,287,000 members across the globe. It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It's all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills. Each local group is moderated by a local volunteer (them's good people). Membership is free. To sign up, find your community by entering it into the search box above or by clicking on “Browse Groups” above the search box.

Ideal for young familys and people looking to move bigs items on
click for more information

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

21/01/2009 : 12:56:19      reply with quote

yup been using it for a while

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

21/01/2009 : 17:02:42      reply with quote

Freecycle is awesome I've been the lucky recipient of quite a few things and also been able to avoid tipping a few perfectly good items.

The only problem is there seem to be quite a few people posting unrealistic "Wanted" ads, eg anyone got a flat panel monitor rather than a CRT type monitor.

Also subscribe to individual messages, if you wait for the digest the offers will all have been snapped up.

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

21/01/2009 : 19:17:43      reply with quote

yes ive seen people asking for dog biscuits
oooooooooooooo i was gonna take my bag of dog biscuits to the tip of course you can have them laugh :D

also there are some that put about 7 wanted posts one after another twice a week
its supposed to be for getting rid of unwanted items not hmm ill do my weekley shopping on freecycle

Replies in this thread : 3

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > Freecycle  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to