Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to UDP things | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > UDP things > The Inspector's Report

Replies in this thread : 11

Author

Topic : The Inspector's Report

Fred
Website Member

Website Member

09/07/2004 : 08:16:40      reply with quote

At last an Inspector who has actually listened to us, has been to Silsden and agrees we don't need lots of new houses (or a bypass).

An interesting read:

www.bradford.gov.uk/council/planning/udp/pdf/inspectors_report/KeighleyMaster1.pdf
click for more information

alan
Website Member

Website Member

09/07/2004 : 17:33:22      reply with quote

I agree. But don't be fooled by some of the noises from Bradford. It was the people of Silsden that made the effort not Bradford councillors!

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

22/08/2004 : 20:09:58      reply with quote

this result just goes to prove that when the people of silsden stand together they can infuence what happens in silsden. there are a lot of other things that need help here, for the good of the whole we all have to work in what ever way we can. together we stand but devided we may well fall.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

12/02/2005 : 21:58:27      reply with quote

BradMets revised version of The Inspectors Report (the one which said we didn't need a bypass or lots more houses in Silsden) can now be viewed on this website: silsden.net/udp/silsden_rUDP_bradmet.htm

You have until midnight on Monday 28th February 2005 if you want to make a representation

wahiba
Website Member

Website Member

14/02/2005 : 08:14:21      reply with quote

My reading of the report suggests that one of the criteria the inspector must now consider is public transport. It is obvious that he did his job correctly and came by train. Finding no connecting bus he diced with death across the trunk road and walked to Silsden. Even a bypass and no public transport would have made little difference.

It is probably one of the first occasions when a village has not been developed because it is cluttered up with cars!

I did suggest in my submission, as far as I remember it was a long time ago, that if they wanted to develope Silsden there should be a loop from the railway, through the vilage, over Cringles, down through Addingham connecting back with the system at Ilkley. Alternatively a local bus service that actually connects with the trains and a seperate cycle track and bridge.

blob
Website Member

Website Member

17/02/2005 : 13:05:40      reply with quote

There's a big hill where your loop goes that could cause a few problems. Nice idea though. I think the answer is an integrated and cheaper bus service that doesn't smell of wee and leave you in the rain for ages is the answer.

Lord Sprocket
Website Member

Website Member

17/02/2005 : 16:27:19      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I hate the busses.
There isn't enough legroom, so I end up sitting sideways so that I can fit into the seat.
The new zone busses are worse, they’re cluttered with trolleys with and the elderly end up being pushed to the back of the bus or being banged.

Drive or be crushed and remember while being cramped and bumped you are helping to cut down greenhouse gasses.
What a choice!!!!!!!!

alan
Website Member

Website Member

22/02/2005 : 12:49:48      reply with quote

.........and now Bradford Council try to push changes through to the inspectors report by stealth!
When will the district councillors stand up for us?

alan
Website Member

Website Member

22/02/2005 : 16:30:30      reply with quote

If anyone would like to contact the Bradford District Councillors for Silsden their contact details can now be found on this website under Town Council>district councillors

www.bradford.gov.uk/council/councillors/details.asp?wardid=9

wahiba
Website Member

Website Member

31/01/2006 : 13:39:52      reply with quote

I noticed another site about proposals for the development of the Aire Valley. On the map was a footpath, cycleway and bridge from the railway station to Silsden. Also, the goods yard was marked as a car park and bus station. No bypass though.

wahiba
Website Member

Website Member

31/01/2006 : 13:43:36      reply with quote

the airedale plan
silsden.net/news/2005_may/Airedale_MP_Silsden.swf
the link

HB
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2006 : 15:21:08      reply with quote

That looks like a good plan and might reduce the number of people who drive from silsden to the train station

Replies in this thread : 11

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > UDP things > The Inspector's Report  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to