Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > police and community together (p.a.c.t.) meeting

Replies in this thread : 14

Author

Topic : police and community together (p.a.c.t.) meeting

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

21/05/2009 : 21:17:06      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

there will be a pact (police and community together) mtg on thurs 11th june 7pm at the gloucester ave community centre,silsden...come along and have a say what police do in your area...get to know what they are already doing...help change your community and speak to your local npt(neighbourhood policing team) officer...open to all residents,businesses,and councillors from addingham,silsden,steeton,and eastburn....go and have a say on all your complaints and grievances that have been put on this website over the last few months and then it can make a differance.happy :)
click for more information

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

06/06/2009 : 08:40:32      reply with quote

just a reminder about this meeting to voice your opinions of how silsden policing team run things in the area etc

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

08/06/2009 : 20:31:03      reply with quote

This meeting is not only about us telling the police what we want them to do, it is also about how we can help them to better police our community.
The title of it is Police and Community Together!

bandnwire
Website Member

Website Member

10/06/2009 : 09:38:08      reply with quote

I am not familiar with this centre. Could you please tell me exactly where it is, and also if there is wheelchair access. I am in a powerchair, so would need a door width of 30".

alan
Website Member

Website Member

10/06/2009 : 12:38:18      reply with quote

Just as a matter of general interest for contacting the police over non urgent matters, this page has some useful details: -

www.westyorkshire.police.uk/npt/area.asp?id=248

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

10/06/2009 : 16:06:04      reply with quote

bandawire not sure myself or access i hope someone on here can help with your dilemmahappy :)

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

10/06/2009 : 16:35:59      reply with quote

bandnwire i,ve been up to look at access to the centre which is located on gloucester ave 50 yards on the right after u turn off dradishaw rd, then its just at the bottom of windsor ave,there is a ramp up to the front door but dont know the width of the door but it looks like it will accommodate a wheelchair,hope this has been some help to you.

bandnwire
Website Member

Website Member

10/06/2009 : 20:53:34      reply with quote

Thanks for this dogcatcher. I feel ashamed to admit I have lived in Silsden for 42 years and never heard of this centre. My husband is going to bring me, so I have got my fingers crossed I can come in. I have written out a letter just in case. Hope to see you there.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

02/12/2013 : 10:57:04      reply with quote

I've just had this email delivered from WYPA, where they are looking to put a triage system in place -

www.westyorkshire.police.uk/news/new-street-triage-scheme-comes-west-yorkshire

I appreciate the basic principle of it, but will it not take officers away from routine patrols, when numbers are already low?

steetonblue
Website Member

Website Member

02/12/2013 : 11:46:31      reply with quote

Quite the opposite in fact. I work for the police. They spend a ridiculous amount of their time dealing with mentally unwell people who are not a police problem (ie they are unwell and not committing a crime). This all takes up an officers time, they have to take them to the nearest custody, they get booked in and then ultimately the officer needs to return the person home, whilst in custody the person is also slowing down the processing of criminals which also delays other officers (prisoners are not just left in cells and actually take a lot of work to look after them). If a mental health worker teamed up with a bobby can spend an hour properly dealing with an unwell person (find their relatives or carers, find them a bed, find them a hospital etc) then that is many hours work saved.
It's a brilliant idea. Let's hope it works

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

02/12/2013 : 17:46:57      reply with quote

How about this for a radical idea? Lets open some of the mental hospitals that Maggy closed, that way the mentally ill people will be kept in a safe place, cared for, and not wandering about the streets causing problems for themselves and society in general!

steetonblue
Website Member

Website Member

02/12/2013 : 18:31:26      reply with quote

Or even just employing enough community mental health nurses so that they can see mentally unwell people more often than once a week for 30 minutes!

Landrover
Website Member

Website Member

03/12/2013 : 09:02:57      reply with quote

posted by grandad
How about this for a radical idea? Lets open some of the mental hospitals that Maggy closed, that way the mentally ill people will be kept in a safe place, cared for, and not wandering about the streets causing problems for themselves and society in general!
The difficulty there is that like Beeching, Maggie sold off the buildings and land to that her work could never be undone. I worked at Menston for 20 years, I saw the run down of mental services, with no real provision for care in the community. The idea seemed to be that mental patients could be better cared for in private asylums run be tory voters.

Fred
Website Member

Website Member

03/12/2013 : 09:46:57      reply with quote

posted by GAMEKEEPER
I've just had this email delivered from WYPA, where they are looking to put a triage system in place -

www.westyorkshire.police.uk/news/new-street-triage-scheme-comes-west-yorkshire

What a good idea, it should have been put into place years ago and it might have prevented the case currently in the news of a Italian woman forcibly having her child removed from her womb and put up for adoption.

www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/10485281/Operate-on-this-mother-so-that-we-can-take-her-baby.html

Isn't interesting how political interests are so divided on the subject of mental illness with all the blame put on Margaret Thatcher. Would the Labour party have done any different when money was tight and cuts had to be made? I think not, they are all as bad as each other. When the crunch comes it falls of the group that will cause the least amount of bother. sad :(sad :(

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

03/12/2013 : 12:35:50      reply with quote

Fred the money was tight when Maggy was in power because She reduced the top level of tax which only her supporters were paying, then she closed most of the countries manufacturing down so over 3 million were thrown onto the dole, thereby claiming benefits instead of paying tax.

Replies in this thread : 14

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > police and community together (p.a.c.t.) meeting  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to