Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > gala 2009

Replies in this thread : 46
Page : 1 2
<< next page next page >>

Author

Topic : gala 2009

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

23/05/2009 : 18:26:02      reply with quote

well its nearley that time again,this years gala is on sun 26 july in the park. there will be the procession to start with 1pm set of from howden rd then on to the park where you will be treat to an afternoon of fun,the city of leeds pipe band will be playing,also thejazz band then theres line dancing ,belly dancing,majjoretts, kiddies races tug o war. the cowboys will be setting up camp again, donkey rides fire briggade display ,the fairground ,icecreams,hot food and drink, various stalls. so lets see you all there, this year entry is by programe which will be on sale very soon.
click for more information

rotter
Website Member

Website Member

23/05/2009 : 19:41:29      reply with quote

how much are the programmes going to be ??

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

24/05/2009 : 15:17:33      reply with quote

adults £2 on the gate or £1.50 by programme,all kids £1 or a family £5, where can you go for a cheaper afternoon of fun.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

25/05/2009 : 19:48:26      reply with quote

How will the program know the difference between adults, kids or families?

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

18/06/2009 : 22:11:42      reply with quote

grandad watch this space as the admitance price may go downhappy :) ive had it confirmed tonight that united utilities are to start work 6th july on the new gas main but they will stop the week before the gala to ensure everybodys safety on gala dayhappy :)the town council do work hard to ensure the best for silsdenhappy :)even the mayor was calm tonightlaugh :Dlarge whisky any onerazz :p

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

18/06/2009 : 22:39:51      reply with quote

naughty skippyangryi forgot to tell eveybody the gala queen and her rosebuds won 1st prize at skipton last saturdayhappy :)happy :)happy :) well done everyonehappy :)hope to see you all at sutton on sunday morninghappy :) `st prize again (i hope) look in this weeks craven herald skippy collecting money for their gala happy :)and i am not on my ownhappy :)

greengrass
Website Member

Website Member

18/06/2009 : 22:46:36      reply with quote

Skippy i notice there will be belly dancing on gala day you will look a right pratlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

bogtoss
Website Member

Website Member

19/06/2009 : 10:15:47      reply with quote

will there be a beer tentwink ;)wink ;)wink ;)

alan
Website Member

Website Member

19/06/2009 : 11:15:51      reply with quote

He told me it was a belly bouncing competition! razz :p

This is the event /announcements area not discussion - Peter

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

20/06/2009 : 13:01:56      reply with quote

the gala programme is now beging to take shape there are a few available advertiseing spaces left at last years price £20,if any one wants to advertise either leave word on here and i will contact you or ring me on 01535655057. sponsership of sections of the gala are still available.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

22/06/2009 : 18:19:45      reply with quote

sutton funday on sun the girls got 3rd prize this timesad :( but what a cracking eventhappy :) hope ours is tha goodhappy :)

Ockin Peron
Website Member

Website Member

22/06/2009 : 21:50:15      reply with quote

Have the Town Band been invited to play? Let's hope they get the chance to show off their skills & play some proper music, and not just repeat the same **** tune umpteen times sitting in a farm trailer!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

23/06/2009 : 20:46:41      reply with quote

posted by skippy
sutton funday on sun the girls got 3rd prize this timesad :( but what a cracking eventhappy :) hope ours is tha goodhappy :)
Some of the committee preparing the gala queen float for Sutton gala. Well done to us all for coming first last week at Skipton and third at Sutton,a job well done! And I burned in the sun so lets hope its this good for ours. Steven Croft

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

24/06/2009 : 16:29:53      reply with quote

The Roadworks will be put away for the Gala www.silsden.net/town_council/docs_09/09_events/United_Utilities_gas2009.pdf

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

26/06/2009 : 10:21:42      reply with quote

Yes Peter, their publicity is very interesting; it says they are to close down phase 1 to allow the gala to take place!

It then says they are moving onto phase 2 expected to start on the 20th July location Banklands, Oak View, Cragg view, Two way lights will need to be put in place at the junction of Banklands with Bolton Road to maintain the safe (sic).
I wonder; do they think the gala is being held down at Jackson’s field, as it used to be? For them to continue working on Keighley Road would not inconvenience the gala procession, but to have lights on Bolton Road will!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

26/06/2009 : 10:47:21      reply with quote

Two way lights will need to be put in place at the junction of Banklands with Bolton Road to maintain the safe (sic).

Don't worry about it... the traffic light problem has been pointed out to United Utilities, they didn't realise Bolton Road was on the gala route - they know now and will liase with the Gala Committee.

I will also be getting a new information sheet soon without the mistakes.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

28/06/2009 : 11:35:54      reply with quote

how can they not knowsad :(i gave them a copy of the route the proccesion takesangryangry

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

30/06/2009 : 17:37:02      reply with quote

forgot to post on sundaysad :( following the gala meeting on sunday the committee decieded to REDUCE the entry price to the gala to £1 for all. yes thats right £1happy :)reccesion proof i hopelaugh :D

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

03/07/2009 : 17:38:14      reply with quote

this sat the gala queen and her rosebuds are at oakworth so fingers crossed,maybe in the prizes againhappy :) as for the gas workings the gala committee still havent heard anythingangryangryangry

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

17/07/2009 : 17:59:13      reply with quote

The Gala route: happy :)

Details of events and times:
www.silsden.net/events/2009/gala2009.pdf happy :)

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

17/07/2009 : 19:04:25      reply with quote

cheers peter happy :)this is correct as long as it stops rainingangry or its on the greensad :(
solid wood flooring

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

20/07/2009 : 17:42:13      reply with quote

the park or the green ohh wot a dilema parkhappy :) greenshocked 8O park fingers crossedhappy :)

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

22/07/2009 : 15:01:49      reply with quote

still looking like the parkhappy :)

Billy b
Website Member

Website Member

22/07/2009 : 15:14:45      reply with quote

wot u bin uo there wi?????Pitchfork or brolly????

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

22/07/2009 : 17:28:35      reply with quote

a steel barlaugh :Dlaugh :D on a more serious note this bleeding pig disease is dropping folk like fliessad :( the fairground folk are nearly all down with itsad :( it looks like me n greengrass may have to adapt and become bouncy castlessad :( helpshocked 8O

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

23/07/2009 : 18:10:08      reply with quote

ITS THE PARK see you all with your £1s on sundayhappy :)

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

23/07/2009 : 18:47:12      reply with quote

YESlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

23/07/2009 : 20:05:25      reply with quote

Skippy
That is good news there will be more room in the park.
See you on the day.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

24/07/2009 : 16:44:14      reply with quote

sad :(sad :(sad :( sorry folks due to the weather we have to go to the GREENsad :(sad :( it will not change now honestsad :( THE GREEN IT ISsad :( weve had to be on here before so heres to a succesful day on sundayhappy :) oohh my head is spinning with all this changeshocked 8O

silsden resident
Website Member

Website Member

24/07/2009 : 19:10:44      reply with quote

which route will the procession take now

joanneed
Website Member

Website Member

24/07/2009 : 20:50:40      reply with quote

oh no thats not good! its a bit short notice to change it. Hows every 1 going to know its changed? its not even raining!!! And the signs all over silsden say the park. the poor fair ground men will loose out on Saturday!!!!!

bobslam
Website Member

Website Member

24/07/2009 : 21:52:35      reply with quote

no way man!! you cant change the venue the green is rubish! its too small. really bad decision!!!! gala commitite will loosed loads! it neeeds tobe moved back to park!

jimmy
Website Member

Website Member

25/07/2009 : 08:58:26      reply with quote

moving the gala at such short wink ;)wink ;)wink ;)a lot of hard work so the dicission to move it isnt taken lightly.of course money will be lost but we ara lucky we have a wet weather alternative,some galas just get cancelled.We will all still work hard to make it a huge success as always.Now...go pick up your dummy you threw out and make sure you support the gala what ever the weather if you want it to carry on!!!!

BMWR1100SS
Website Member

Website Member

25/07/2009 : 10:55:58      reply with quote

i completely agree jimmy....i am guessing it is being moved for the best possible conditions...not to piss people off or for them to lose money..people are just going to have to pull together and make it the best of a bad situation...

alan
Website Member

Website Member

25/07/2009 : 12:36:10      reply with quote

I agree wink ;)

The gala committee have worked hard let's support them, they didn't change the venue for a laugh!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

25/07/2009 : 16:32:28      reply with quote

The new gala route. Leaves Howden Road at 1.00pm

Replies in this thread : 46
Page : 1 2
<< next page next page >>

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > gala 2009  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to