Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Wouldn't it be good if .... | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Wouldn't it be good if .... > Silsden was Damage free

Replies in this thread : 18

Author

Topic : Silsden was Damage free

The Wizard
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2005 : 20:36:22      reply with quote

Silsden was Damage free andknow one damaged stole or use vialance wow how nice it would be !!!
click for more information

mystery person
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2005 : 18:06:44      reply with quote

it wud b very very nice!!!!

wahiba
Website Member

Website Member

04/11/2006 : 08:46:22      reply with quote

In your dreams. If the locals were happy about burning down the local police station what else did they get up to?

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

04/11/2006 : 12:04:01      reply with quote

In your dreams. If the locals were happy about burning down the local police station what else did they get up to?
this is the problem with Silsden, things get blown out of all proportion.
The Police station was "STONED" not burnt down, and even that was done a very long time ago.
If you think we have problems go to Keighley or even better bigger cities, see what they have to deal with then come back, stop complaining about a little bit of trouble that is being dealt with here.
If you are so bothered, then get off your backside and do something about it.

alan
Website Member

Website Member

04/11/2006 : 20:56:34      reply with quote

Correct "grandad" Silsden is a first rate place to live. I've done the living in cities and wouldn't go back under any circumstances!
The trouble with Silsden is that the majority of the problem is nuisance "crime" BUT sadly the 'perception' is that it's much worse than it really is, in my very humble opinion.
The town has a great deal going for it and perhaps, for once, we should look at the very positive reasons why we all live here.
For one thing we get proper Christmas lights, not the excuse for them they get in Keighley happy :)

clogger
Website Member

Website Member

04/11/2006 : 21:03:57      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Are we having a Christmas tree this year ??

and can i ask...

Why do we always compare living in Silsden to in a City ??

Its like comparing Bradford City to Kettering Town and saying there not bad

I think i have answered my question

Everyone thats come from a City thinks Silsden is Great

It probably is compared to Leeds or Bradford

alan
Website Member

Website Member

05/11/2006 : 16:45:29      reply with quote

It is better than living in most places then if it makes you happier!

MATTSKI
Website Member

Website Member

06/11/2006 : 11:05:25      reply with quote

you can compare it to wherever you like but you'll have to go a long way to match the community spirit and friendliness of the majority of the people. i have lived in big cities i have lived in small villages, i even lived in skipton for a while.
You name me another town where you get handed a glass of wine and mince pie in every shop you go in on an evening of late night shopping!!!

alan
Website Member

Website Member

06/11/2006 : 15:04:34      reply with quote

Well said "Mattski" I agree 100%!

It's about time we concentrated on the positives of living here, because no matter what others might say, or have you believe, I still beieve that it's a damn good place to live.

clogger
Website Member

Website Member

06/11/2006 : 23:01:48      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

All i ask is "Are we having a Christmas tree"
and "Why do we compare Silsden to a City all the time"

Sorry but i dont see anything negative about it

Why does everyone get on there high Horse and go all defensive

Ive got to say this must be the quote of the week

"The Police station was "STONED" not burnt down, and even that was done a very long time ago".

As if that makes it ok

Now honest im not having a go or knocking Silsden

I know why it was stoned, All im saying is when you read the thread, Even for you guys it must make you smile

Ive got to say you guys are excellent for late night entertainment

clogger
Website Member

Website Member

06/11/2006 : 23:06:24      reply with quote

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

For the record

I have never said Silsden is a bad place

All i said is it isnt as Good as it used to be

Pre Offcumdums (Joke honest laugh :D)

Alan, Are we still friends ?, Im sensing tension But feel much happier

alan
Website Member

Website Member

07/11/2006 : 08:21:53      reply with quote

"clogger" who said I was referring to you? Did I say anyone said it was a bad place to live?

I said that it was a damn good place to live!

The trouble is you make presumptions on what people say. Like "I am sensing tension". I can assure you if I was tense you would know!

I am just fed up with the continual knockers in this town, my attitude is if you don't like the place do something about it or move.

wahiba
Website Member

Website Member

07/11/2006 : 11:54:45      reply with quote

Burnt, stone or both. The point is that things have not changed, for better or worse as much as people perceive.

There is an hypothesis that the golden age was a time just beyond the memory of everyone claiming it existed. As people are on average living longer the 'golden age' is now about eighty plus years ago. This of course takes us into WW1 and the depression which makes things a bit awkward when talking about the 'good old days'. Remember the show, the 'Good Old Days' was in the 1960s so they were then looking back on the 1890s as the 'good old days'.

Technology and mobility have meant many changes. Sislden is no longer a self sustaining comunity with its' own CoOp, gas works etc. The nailmakers were superceded by the mills, who in turn have been superceded.

Silsden is actually a very pleasant place to live. The 'problems' are those of our times, for which we hold a collective responsibility. Blaming the police, government, council is just buck passing. If you think they are not doing the jobs we have democratically delegated to them then there are a number of things you can do.

Maybe if more people complained, stood for elections then more of the problems would be addressed.

Of course, if most people do not have a problem and do not complain then I am afraid that is democracy, the will of the majority, silent as it generally is.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

07/11/2006 : 21:41:55      reply with quote

Clogger, to answer your question, NO we are not having a Christmas tree again this year. we will be having the same set of lights on the con club balcony as we have for the last two years. that way we can keep them out of reach of the few troublesome youths who think it is good fun to steal the bulbs and throw them around the town. If in the action of doing this the poor dears get electricuted the council would have to pay out compensation, such is the stupid PC world we have to put up with.
Have a look at the lights in the memorial gardens this year the will be different and hopefully look good.
If you or anybody else wants to help put them up we will be around the town SAT/SUN 18/19th NOV, ie weekend after next.

clogger
Website Member

Website Member

07/11/2006 : 23:11:29      reply with quote

Will i have to disclose im Clogger ! shocked 8O

Or can i go undercover razz :p

If i can make it i geniunely will, purley on whats been said on this site about lack of help

and of course i get a pass out

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

08/11/2006 : 21:17:23      reply with quote

Clogger, you can come any way you want, if you are too deep undercover though you will not be able to see very well. tell her indoors you are only doing it for the kids! she may guess thet we are the big kids who do it.
Please come along if you can you will be very welcome.

clogger
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2006 : 23:40:20      reply with quote

What time tomorrow then ??

Parkour Dunk
Website Member

Website Member

10/03/2007 : 14:33:19      reply with quote

Parkour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

briosh
Website Member

Website Member

07/03/2010 : 18:36:33      reply with quote

Silsden is a good place to live , i dont like cities !!

Replies in this thread : 18

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Wouldn't it be good if .... > Silsden was Damage free  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to