Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Wouldn't it be good if .... | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Wouldn't it be good if .... > No Parking on Main road

Replies in this thread : 7

Author

Topic : No Parking on Main road

SilsdenBull
Website Member

Website Member

17/08/2005 : 15:29:36      reply with quote

why are cars aloud to park on the main road through silsden?

if nobody were aloud to park on there, traffic bottle necks would no longer happen, and people would have to use the pay and display car park which would raise some money..

surely our town would be a much more picturesque place without the long traffic ques outside the post office, because everyone is parked by the duck pond.
click for more information

alan
Website Member

Website Member

22/08/2005 : 09:47:44      reply with quote

Because half-wits would drive too fast through Silsden!

RobbieRocketpants
Website Member

Website Member

07/09/2005 : 22:20:48      reply with quote

Yeah, its to slow cars down so no-one gets killed be speeding personages, basically.

alan
Website Member

Website Member

08/09/2005 : 11:58:41      reply with quote

Yep, you got it Robbie.

Haych
Website Member

Website Member

09/11/2005 : 09:12:57      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Agree with Silsden Bull to rid cars parking on main st - reduce speed limit to 20mph - put up two massive signs either end of village asking politely to respect the villages speed limits....watch the village slowly start to respect itself more than it is doing - picteresque is the way forward yes - not acceptance of the current problem by inaction.

Noodle
Website Member

Website Member

14/01/2006 : 18:04:34      reply with quote

i agree fully with getting rid of parking.
i for one wouldn't go any faster. well i might because id actually be moving forwards instead of waiting whilst some 4x4 trys to manouver around a bus trapped by 2 other 4x4. infact lets just get rid of 4x4. only about 2% of silsdeners live on a farm anyway.

but it (parking on main road) also prevents drivers from seeing pedestrians on the pavement, ready to cross.

it's a farce angry

wahiba
Website Member

Website Member

17/01/2006 : 17:37:46      reply with quote

Allowing parking acts as a method of traffic calming through Silsden. If no parking were allowed then some other method of traffic calming would need to be adopted. Also, while the vast majority of those parking, especially outside the PO and chemists are just idle b****s, there are a few for who this facility is essential.

There is also the problem of necessary deliveries.

My solution is to no longer allow anyone to park on the public highway, anywhere. Tradespeople and those with mobility problems would carry a special badge - a flashing light would be better - allowing parking while necessary business is conducted.

ROGER
Website Member

Website Member

28/01/2006 : 16:48:50      reply with quote

I AGREE WITH SILSDEN BULL , WITH NO PARKING AT ALL THROUGH SILSDEN , WITH TWO SPEED CAMERAS , ONE PUT DOWN BY THE DRIVING RANGE ,ONE NEAR THE KINGS ARMS. THIS WOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEMS I HAVE DRIVING THROUGH SILSDEN AFTER WORK

Replies in this thread : 7

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Wouldn't it be good if .... > No Parking on Main road  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to