Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to I'm looking for...... | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > I'm looking for...... > Fort family

Replies in this thread : 3

Author

Topic : Fort family

nadine
Website Member

Website Member

03/03/2010 : 15:08:11      reply with quote

I am trying to research my family tree.My grandad was Joseph Fort and I have traced the Forts back to Silsden and Kildwick.My Gt,Gt,Gt ,Gt,Gt grandparents were Henry and Elizabeth Fort.They lived at Hay Hills farm.I think Henry's parents were Samuel Fort and Ann Cowling. Has anyone else got ant information about the Forts please? I don't live locally -I'm in the Midlands.Thanks
click for more information

greenlanes
Website Member

Website Member

04/03/2010 : 12:37:09      reply with quote

Various branches of the Fort family have farmed at Silsden for generations. And they are still doing so!
Forts are still at Raikes Head Farm (they have been there for well over a century)and at High Bracken Hill Farm. (Both these farms are listed buildings, really wonderful old farmhouses). They would probably be happy to help with your family history queries.
You don't specify any dates for your ancestors, Nadine. There was a Mr and Mrs Joseph Fort at Raikes Hill for many years in the early 20th century; one of their sons Thomas Henry fought in WW1 and went missing at Ypres in 1917. His name appears on a headstone in Silsden churchyard, along with other members of the Fort family.
Hope this is of some help.

Hugh.Hudson
Website Member

Website Member

05/03/2010 : 15:49:08      reply with quote

Henry and Elizabeth Fort were my ancestors too (their youngest daughter Esther was my 3xgreat-grandmother). I have done quite a lot of research into the Forts and related families - much of this information is on my public tree on the Rootsweb site (wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/) -my database is hudsonbeak. I would also be happy to answer any questions or investigate any possible errors...

georgie2221
Website Member

Website Member

12/07/2018 : 20:01:33      reply with quote

Hi

I know this a old thread but I hope your still here wanting help! I might have a little knowledge for you as Iím a Fort!

I Farm at High Bracken Hill Farm and my family go back to Hayhills Farm originally

Replies in this thread : 3

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > I'm looking for...... > Fort family   

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to