Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to For Sale / Wanted | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > Grey recycling wheelie bin

Replies in this thread : 12

Author

Topic : Grey recycling wheelie bin

claraclutterbuck
Website Member

Website Member

24/06/2010 : 13:09:34      reply with quote

Before i phone the council and ask them to take it away would anybody like a grey wheelie bin ???
click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

24/06/2010 : 13:14:02      reply with quote

You may be wise to check with the council before giving it away. You may find it belongs to the council. sad :(

claraclutterbuck
Website Member

Website Member

24/06/2010 : 13:29:17      reply with quote

Thanks peter will do

claraclutterbuck
Website Member

Website Member

24/06/2010 : 13:36:03      reply with quote

ooops your right peter not allowed to give it away they are going to come and collect it . You can delete this thread if you wish . sorry !

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2010 : 17:20:21      reply with quote

just being nosey really but why would you give away your recycling bin? me no understand... sad :(

claraclutterbuck
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2010 : 18:13:59      reply with quote

Because the only thing it can be used for is paper so i have no need for it as i have an open fire also only having a small backyard it takes up room and is useless to me !

carliol
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2010 : 20:03:09      reply with quote

no cans , bottles , jars? They all go in the grey bin, and keep them from landfill, must be worth it?

claraclutterbuck
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2010 : 20:06:58      reply with quote

I do recycle them in the insert that came with the bin I have no need for the paper bin and as i was led to believe you cannot put anything but paper in the actual bin.

claraclutterbuck
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2010 : 20:10:11      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2010 : 22:42:08      reply with quote

aha, I see, thank you for enlightening us all wink ;)

you see we're all very concerned about the environment, and I'm also very nosey laugh :D

carliol
Website Member

Website Member

26/06/2010 : 06:44:27      reply with quote

at least we are lucky only having 2 bins, read the other day that some city has 8 different bins for refuse! Hope Bradford Met don't start that....

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

27/06/2010 : 11:44:45      reply with quote

I wouldn't mind eight bins that fit into the space of one of the grey blue monsters.
I can store big ones OK but many neighbours cannot. I put mine out and they stick their bottles and papers in mine. Never fill up.
In Spain, at least where we were, the bins are communal and on the street. They are emptied most nights. Selective bins as well.
Probably difficult to implement here, but they need to lookat the whole system rather than just giving everyone more bins.

Tom Day
Website Member

Website Member

28/06/2010 : 23:37:29      reply with quote

posted by old_miner
I wouldn't mind eight bins that fit into the space of one of the grey blue monsters.
I can store big ones OK but many neighbours cannot. I put mine out and they stick their bottles and papers in mine. Never fill up.
In Spain, at least where we were, the bins are communal and on the street. They are emptied most nights. Selective bins as well.
Probably difficult to implement here, but they need to lookat the whole system rather than just giving everyone more bins.
I think thats a great idea and I've heard about it before. I've abandoned my recycling bins because i dont like my garden full of daleks and take my stuff to the tip myself. One bin for each household for everything recycleable, including cardboard !!! would be great and / or a communal bin at the end of the street for everything. Jobs could then be created sorting out the stuff.

If I get too knackered to continue my work up ladders and steps and planks and meeting deadlines before I draw my pension at 66 I'll be happy to stand at a conveyor and sort x from y for a minimum wage.

I'd rather a school leaver did 'my'job..a trainee....sorter of rubbish but a creative person could devise a great title.

I don't have an answer but I remember when I left school in 1970 that everyone got a job. If you were really bright and did the sixth form and A levels you'd go to university and then get a good job. or o levels at 16 and going to work in an office somewhere or a nurse or with no qualifications and you'd become a craft apprentice of some sort, hairdresser or brickie. I can't go on else I'll be writing a book.

Or telling a poor joke.

Perhaps there should be a Silsden Ramblers Association. Not for walking but for rambling on.

Replies in this thread : 12

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > Grey recycling wheelie bin  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to