Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Wouldn't it be good if .... | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Wouldn't it be good if .... > Silsden for the Big Idea - ideal location

Replies in this thread : 4

Author

Topic : Silsden for the Big Idea - ideal location

tolpuddle
Website Member

Website Member

20/07/2010 : 15:10:51      reply with quote

As we now have a conservative MP and conservative councillors Silsden must be ready to embrace the 'Big Idea'. More power, and some money to Silsden town council. Some suggestions for control by STC:
Public Toilets.
New toilets and showers for the playing fields. Field can be used as campsite for summer tourists.
Car parking fees for STC.
Park maintenance.
Town cleaning.
Even the schools could become acadamies run by STC.

My ideas just for starters. Anymore that could be brought back as part of the big idea?

It could be just like France where the locals run very local affairs.
click for more information

localman
Website Member

Website Member

20/07/2010 : 16:09:44      reply with quote

free one way air fares come to mind bye byerazz :p

jimmy
Website Member

Website Member

21/07/2010 : 18:35:00      reply with quote

Dont really think turning park into campsite for tourist a good idea,too many idiots already think its a carpark,who's gonna clean up after the happy campers? who gonna run it? who gets the money? The park is already one of Silsdens greatest features why spoil it? anyway theres already campsites in Silsden,let the tourists use them and keep them running seeing as they do a good job of it.

Tom Day
Website Member

Website Member

28/07/2010 : 22:06:29      reply with quote

The big idea is rubbish. Flannel.

Half of Silsden moans about Bradford Met and the other half applauds em, but not on the same issues. When the political control changes local opinion will change too. The moaners will clap and the clappers will boo.

The important thing to remember is that New Labour stormed in with cheesy grins and promises for the 'community'. The Big Idea has a familiar ring to it as I see. Nothing will change.

Good luck anyway Tolpuddle. I'll come to your rallies and support you if I can.

JeanD
Website Member

Website Member

02/12/2010 : 19:44:56      reply with quote

Proper campers DONT leave a mess behind them!!!!!!!

Replies in this thread : 4

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Wouldn't it be good if .... > Silsden for the Big Idea - ideal location  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to