Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to For Sale / Wanted | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > Fish tank

Replies in this thread : 6

Author

Topic : Fish tank

Jilly
Website Member

Website Member

16/03/2011 : 21:48:16      reply with quote

I'm thinking about getting a piranha and I'm looking for a round fish tank. Somebody told me if I got a regular rectangular tank the fish could build up enough power to burst through the glass and have a go at my pets.
click for more information

steetonblue
Website Member

Website Member

16/03/2011 : 21:58:07      reply with quote

Is this a wind up? In case it isn't, i apologise, this sounds like an urban myth. It sounds ridiculous that a fish could break the glass (think how hard you can hit something when underwater). I would ask the shop where you intend to buy the fish from for advice. I doubt you could get a bowl big enough to keep a pirahna in healthily!

Jilly
Website Member

Website Member

16/03/2011 : 22:02:30      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by steetonblue
Is this a wind up? In case it isn't, i apologise, this sounds like an urban myth. It sounds ridiculous that a fish could break the glass (think how hard you can hit something when underwater). I would ask the shop where you intend to buy the fish from for advice. I doubt you could get a bowl big enough to keep a pirahna in healthily!

Jilly
Website Member

Website Member

16/03/2011 : 22:09:19      reply with quote

I'm new to the area and the website and press the wrong buttons sometimes and post my messages in duplicate. I don't see why young people can have macho dogs and not macho fish.

No one goes off on one and calls the police about giant leeks so whats the problem

steetonblue
Website Member

Website Member

16/03/2011 : 22:14:04      reply with quote

I don't recall saying anything about whether you should have the fish or not. Just that i think someone is pulling your leg when they say that a pirahna can break the tank and then attack your pets. No, if you want to get one thats up to you but i doubt very much you can plonk it in a bowl and hope it survives like a goldfish does, i suspect it, like most tropical/exotic fish will need a filter, lighting, vegetation and maybe a water heater.

carliol
Website Member

Website Member

16/03/2011 : 22:38:14      reply with quote

Jilly...some useful info here, hope it helps

www.firsttankguide.net/piranha.php

greengrass
Website Member

Website Member

16/03/2011 : 22:51:24      reply with quote

You can buy some goldfish for companywink ;)wink ;)

Replies in this thread : 6

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > Fish tank   

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to