Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Wouldn't it be good if .... | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Wouldn't it be good if .... > bridge

Replies in this thread : 5

Author

Topic : bridge

meh123
Website Member

Website Member

20/03/2011 : 02:09:54      reply with quote

there should be a bridge over the by pass to get to steeton or and underground tunnel to get there!
click for more information

Baldybogey
Website Member

Website Member

20/03/2011 : 08:39:23      reply with quote

I think you can rule out underground tunnel... this is a flood plain so you would require scuba gear a lot of the time...

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

20/03/2011 : 11:01:15      reply with quote

there has been several attempts to get a crossing over the trunk road, the answer is always that it is too expensive.Personally I think that is wrong, other areas have crossings so why not steeton and silsden

fatty
Website Member

Website Member

20/03/2011 : 15:59:40      reply with quote

anyone know how much a bridge would cost? I suppose it depends on who gets the contract

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

21/03/2011 : 17:12:13      reply with quote

When the big plan from Bradford about Silsden went to the Inspector it was rejected. The Inspector obviously came on the train and obviously had a death and glory moment crossing the by-pass. So, if there is one thing stopping Sislden being swamped with new housing it is the lack of a pedestrian crossing over the by-pass.
It actually requires a proper cycle/pedestrian path and bridge which in the present situation is unlikely.

grandson
Website Member

Website Member

21/03/2011 : 17:53:32      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

You could use a Bus.
But my luck is that when I see the bus I think I'm in luck the bus is waiting for us!
Then they drive off just as the train is about to open the doors. It's the same in Ilkley.
So please, better timetables or a bridge would be nice!

Replies in this thread : 5

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Wouldn't it be good if .... > bridge  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to