Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Wouldn't it be good if .... | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Wouldn't it be good if .... > RUNNING TRACK?

Replies in this thread : 23

Author

Topic : RUNNING TRACK?

wilma
Website Member

Website Member

22/03/2011 : 23:01:36      reply with quote

I would like to see a running/walking track around the park/field. It's a mud bath. A wide path for disabled, youngsters on three wheelers, runners would be great.
click for more information

JemmaLB27
Website Member

Website Member

23/03/2011 : 08:22:54      reply with quote

I agree I used to run round the tennis court or the bowling green! I got lots of funny looks!!!

Bilbo1_uk
Website Member

Website Member

23/03/2011 : 09:06:16      reply with quote

I did laps of the bowling green with my sis-in-law when I was having contractions because labour wasn't very forthcoming so she thought that might help! A running track definitely would have been preferable to 'waddle' around!!!

localman
Website Member

Website Member

23/03/2011 : 09:58:17      reply with quote

plenty of roads round Silsden use them razz :p any money spent in the park should be spent on things for our young people not middled aged runners with pot bellies who on most day's you will be lucky to see two or three wink ;)

partygirl
Website Member

Website Member

23/03/2011 : 13:14:29      reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
plenty of roads round Silsden use them any money spent in the park should be spent on things for our young people not middled aged runners with pot bellies who on most day's you will be lucky to see two or three

I hardly think the above comment is very fair!!!!

As for money spending we are having a band stand, there is really no need for that!!!

I dont run and I think a running track is an excellent idea and also schools would be able to use it

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

23/03/2011 : 16:54:34      reply with quote

partygirl the bandstand is being built in memory of a great cobbydaler mr graham inman, so yes there is a need razz :prazz :prazz :p the money has been raised by the gala committee for this purpose, instead of crabbing our good work i suggest you get of your arse and join us to make silsden a better place. you never know we may help pay towards a runnning track happy :)happy :)

localman
Website Member

Website Member

23/03/2011 : 17:11:07      reply with quote

could not agree with you more Skippy, as for a running track they had one at Marley in Keighley for years and no one used it laugh :D

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

23/03/2011 : 19:50:21      reply with quote

If the Bandstand provides a venue for Silsden town Band or any other Band for that matter to perform, raise their profile and maybe even some cash; for their cause, then YES! we do need it. That is before you consider it will be a fitting tribute to Graham, a local man who worked tirelessly for this Town.

bandnwire
Website Member

Website Member

23/03/2011 : 20:23:15      reply with quote

I went down today to look at where the bandstand is going to be, and I must say that you couldn't have chosen a better spot. A very pretty spot with lovely trees and blossoms, For those of us who have lived in Silsden for a lot of years, and knew Graham and his family, and all the problems that he had to overcome, then I think it is a very fitting tribute to him. Well done.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

23/03/2011 : 20:49:34      reply with quote

Please keep comments on the bandstand on the bandstand thread.happy :)

This topic is about the idea of a running track. Thank you - Peter happy :)

jimmy
Website Member

Website Member

23/03/2011 : 20:57:45      reply with quote

Did I not read on the Town council news letter the Youth council are gonna try raise money for a running track? Not sure where it going to be. All you who think its a good idea make sure you put your hands in your pocket when the fund raising starts.I walk round the park every day and it does get muddy but its harmless.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

23/03/2011 : 22:31:58      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Taken from the January Youth Council minutes www.silsden.net/townyouth_council/index.htm

TRIM TRACK

To encompass a Climbing/Monkey Bar Style Apparatus, Step up Bench, Wobbly Bridge, Zip Wire, Scrambling Net, tyre Swing, Sit Up Bench, Parallel Bars, Moving Barrel, Small Climbing wall, Stumps, and Rope Swing. Sketches/pictures of ideas to be brought to next meeting, to progress planning and funding on this project. As per Cllr
Liz Trainor suggestion to compile a letter to Silsden Town Council for Possible Funding for this, as this is aimed across the community all age groups.

Perhaps a running track around the perimeter area of the rugby pitch would be a good idea. It would allow those that like to run to do. Running can be a bit lonely if you have to run along roads so perhaps with the provision of a track it could be a bit more of a social event. For those that don't run it would make a all weather path to walk around without having to put your boots on. happy :)

partygirl
Website Member

Website Member

24/03/2011 : 13:01:13      reply with quote

Skippy Graham was in fact a very dear friend of mine so I am not having a go at that and as for getting off my arse I have actually done my fair share of fundraising etc for this town and most of it with Graham!!!

coby1
Website Member

Website Member

24/03/2011 : 18:08:37      reply with quote

the rugby pitch on the playing fields arena was built by the army as a running track and no one used it at all.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

24/03/2011 : 18:24:11      reply with quote

The local school children run around the park every week and dog walkers walk around the rugby pitch every day. happy :)happy :)happy :)

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

24/05/2011 : 13:23:11      reply with quote

An interesting read on what our Silsden Youth Council are PLANNING / ACTUALLY doing
www.silsden.net/townyouth_council/docs_11/Silsden_YC_mins_Apr_2011.pdf happy :)

deputy
Website Member

Website Member

20/11/2011 : 20:24:46      reply with quote

Hi sorry just reading this, Silsden Youth Council did look at providing a running track round the edge of the park, however as you have pointed out, it is quite boggy, and the cost of this would be quite high to put in the correct drainage, and the ground work for this, We are still working on the trim track idea, and are current in discussion with BMDC so hopefully we will be able to update you on the progress.

New cobbydaler
Website Member

Website Member

01/05/2012 : 19:34:04      reply with quote

As a fairly new resident to Silsden I beleive there is a need for more leisure facilities e.g leisure centre.
The nearest centre is at Skipton
I beleive that this would be far preferable to a supermarket.
If you feel that this is something that you would agree with please post a reply as I am trying to obtain interest of which if there is sufficient will put together a petition to go to local councillors
If you would prefer a leisure centre to a Tesco supermarket please post a reply to this thread.
Thanks for reading...

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

01/05/2012 : 19:47:21      reply with quote

New cobbydaler....why should it be either a supermarket or a fitness centre? We could do with both, one to put some pressure on Co-op to charge fair prices and provide better service, and the other to keep our people fit and healthy. The fitness centre would also provide somewhere for young people to go.
The problem is that the local council, and others, do not want our town to expand to be able to campaign for these extra facilities that other places have and enjoy.
Silsden has had many changes and real improvements in recent years, but it needs to be ongoing, with some bold choices, not stagnation. Sometimes we don't realise how far things have progressed, but I wish you luck in stirring up some interest in getting some new projects off the ground.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

01/05/2012 : 19:56:46      reply with quote

New Cobbydaler, did you complete the 2012 Silsden Survey? www.bradford.gov.uk/surveys/silsden/

Over 1000 Silsdener did happy :) The survey IS still open at the moment (should have closed yesterday), so if you haven't completed the survey your opinion would be valued. It will take some time to collate and evaluate the results of the survey, but when we have we will have a fairly good idea of the priorities of the people of Silsden. If you would like to get involved with the survey please email me. happy :)

New cobbydaler
Website Member

Website Member

02/05/2012 : 12:04:35      reply with quote

Peter I have completed the survey yesterday as it happens and basically it reflects what I have said above. I have lived here for nearly 2 years and find the residents helpful, the shopkeepers whom I have spoken to friendly. I understand that there is a lot of things that needs to be happening and a local supermarket who would provide best value, value for money and maybe even a little competition to Coop wink ;) as I certainly find it expensive in a time when money for most folk is tight but we also need to keep the residents fit and healthy. Maybe there is a chance that Silden could have both.
solid wood flooring

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 09:30:54      reply with quote

I hadn't thought of this as a possible development for Silsden. Given that the Swiming pool is only suitable for young children, the former Riverdale site would be ideal for a small scale leisure centre, that could also be used by the older children at Hothfield Street (and Grammar/Comprehensive age group, should one ever be built).

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 10:30:58      reply with quote

If there was a pool in Silsden, you wouldn't be able to keep me out of it, but I imagine even for a 25m pool in a small building with changing facilities, maybe a small gym and a little cafe would cost millions. But I do agree for a town this size we do need some better leisure facilities.

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 14:12:07      reply with quote

so thats sorted then Tesco on Habasit rossi site
Leisure Center on the Weavestyle site

Replies in this thread : 23

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Wouldn't it be good if .... > RUNNING TRACK?  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to