Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Wouldn't it be good if .... | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Wouldn't it be good if .... > GARDEN WASTE.

Replies in this thread : 10

Author

Topic : GARDEN WASTE.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

04/08/2011 : 15:29:20      reply with quote

It was on BBC news last night that Kirklees County/district council are planning to charge for garden waste collections - 1.00 per bag, minimum charge. 5.00. How long before BMDC think of this one.

A bit of food for thought, a recent news article saw a village down south collecting their own garden waste, clippings from hedgrows, roadside verges etc and processing them for composting. Reducing their council tax bills in the process.
click for more information

paulc
Website Member

Website Member

04/08/2011 : 18:32:23      reply with quote

Theres a good idea !!! Why not have our own waste recycling centre????

localman
Website Member

Website Member

04/08/2011 : 19:46:49      reply with quote

waste recycling what come around goes around, I wanted a job there but the moaners stopped it angry

Loafer
Website Member

Website Member

04/08/2011 : 21:30:57      reply with quote

Jeeeeess.....Is he moaning AGAIN?

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

05/08/2011 : 18:24:01      reply with quote

I recycle all my plant,vegetable and cardboard waste in my tiny little garden in a compost bin that cost a few pounds and it makes plenty of compost in a year to be able to use it for my hanging baskets, patio pots and raised herb garden for the following year.

It saves me buying compost and also will save me having to pay to get it disposed of if they bring in the charges here.

Gopher
Website Member

Website Member

06/08/2011 : 13:18:24      reply with quote

As far as I'm aware, Bradford Met have always used garden waste to produce compost which is then used by the parks and gardens dept. So if this also applies to Kirklees council, not only are they getting free compost, they are then charging the public for the privelege

cobbydale waste removers
Website Member

Website Member

18/08/2011 : 10:20:06      reply with quote

we will remove ur garden waste at competertive rates we are just 1 call away and we come out in under 24 hrs all aspects of waste dealt with 079738 9064

rienki
Website Member

Website Member

23/05/2012 : 03:53:48      reply with quote

I think that the main problem with recycling centers is when they are already filled up and not given a chance to be dealt with before passing on to the next step. And when that happens, you are left with a lot of garbage that is all the more hard to dispose. And you just have to be familiar with how you are going to deal with it in your bid to make it better in whatever way seen fit.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

23/05/2012 : 11:30:08      reply with quote

As Hermoinie said, I also recycle pretty much everything. Food waste goes into a compost bucket, which then goes to the allotment into either the compost heap or one of two composting bins. Glass and paper go into their respective bins and plastics go to Wesley place when we have enough to warrant the trip. The end result is that my green, general wheelie bin might need emptying once a month! It might have disposable nappies in, none compostable food waste, rubbish from the allotment that either wouldn't or shouldn't be composted. Many of these aforementioned articles used to be burnt. Under our contracts we are not allowed to burn such waste on the allotments.

I'm curious to know why BMDC will not allow corrugated cardboard into the paper bins. It is far easier to reduce that to a pulp than some thin card that is often printed in gloss?

My initial posting was a reaction to the news about a possible increase in the cost of living, with an effectual increase in Council Tax!

pednjulie
Website Member

Website Member

26/05/2012 : 03:38:36      reply with quote

give me a call i wont charge u much to take ur grass cuttings, and tree work ie green waste...cheapest ul find within 25miles, radius. 07796 356607

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

26/05/2012 : 09:07:06      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by GAMEKEEPER

I'm curious to know why BMDC will not allow corrugated cardboard into the paper bins. It is far easier to reduce that to a pulp than some thin card that is often printed in gloss?

You can and have been able to do so for a while.

www.bradford.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/26C57894-651F-475F-B17C-31568F0D543E/0/WasteRecyclingGuide.pdf

If you look at page 3 there is a picture showing corrugated cardboard.

Replies in this thread : 10

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Wouldn't it be good if .... > GARDEN WASTE.  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to