Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to For Sale / Wanted | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > a tutor.

This thread is now closed

Replies in this thread : 6

Author

Topic : a tutor.

allie
Website Member

Website Member

08/01/2007 : 23:02:30      reply with quote

Does anyone know of an experienced tutor for coaching for entrance exams to secondary school? preferably local, thankyou.
click for more information

phill
Website Member

Website Member

09/01/2007 : 18:56:42      reply with quote

I know of one in Skipton, but would advise buying the practice papers in W.H.Smith, if your child needs tutoring they will struggle if they pass exam. Also when my son got into Ermysted's of his own back 3 of his peers failed and they had all had tutors

allie
Website Member

Website Member

10/01/2007 : 21:25:05      reply with quote

hi phil, thankyou for advice. we have found a tutor. are getting a tutor merely to give him as much opportunity to practice the papers as possible not because he needs one in order to pass. he also seems to work with a tutor better than he works with us, i'm sure you can remember what it's like to be young!!you're parents are never right!!!

phill
Website Member

Website Member

11/01/2007 : 09:27:43      reply with quote

Can relate to that, good luck anyway, our son has thrived at Ermysted's as our daughter has at South Craven

allie
Website Member

Website Member

11/01/2007 : 16:02:23      reply with quote

thankyou, i'm sure he'll be happy wherever he goes.

terry
Website Member

Website Member

14/01/2007 : 13:36:20      reply with quote

sometimes kids can feel pressured by parents and more often then not tend to buckle under the pressure.

whilst we all want our kids to succeed, you've got to learn to draw the line between helping them to succeed and pressuring them to succeed.

remember, kids are young and need developing in all aspects of life, socially and educationally. dont deprive them of one just so you can sow them off to your friends.

allie
Website Member

Website Member

15/01/2007 : 22:13:31      reply with quote

hi terry, well thankyou for the advice but as you don't know me or my children please do not assume they are under any pressure or that we are trying to use them as some sort of status symbol.
If you must know it is THEM not us that have asked for the tutor and if trying to give your children the best possible start with plenty of encouragement offends you.... your problem, not ours!

Replies in this thread : 6

Thread Closed

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > a tutor.  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to