Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > cenotaph sun 13th

Replies in this thread : 5

Author

Topic : cenotaph sun 13th

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

12/11/2011 : 19:46:08      reply with quote

dont forget 10,45 memorial gardens.give your time to remember those that gave theirs.
click for more information

Cobbydale Man
Website Member

Website Member

12/11/2011 : 20:56:40      reply with quote

I was there at 11am on 11th November 2011.
With only approx 10 other people who remembered those who lost their lives - at the correct time and date.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2011 : 09:41:46      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

At 11am on the 11th many millions of people stopped what they were doing, and for 2 minutes they remembered the fallen. It was done in shops, offices and many other places of work, in a moving way. Many of those locals who could not be at Silsden Memorial on Friday will be there today at the appointed hour, I'm sure.
More poppies have been sold this year than ever before, people are aware of the sacrifices of others.

robin
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2011 : 13:54:04      reply with quote

I was in Morecambe on Friday 11th, attended the cenotaph, there was a military prescence and British Legion Flag Bearer and Trumpeter, a mass of people, all showing their respects. Surely if we need another bank holiday, this is when it should be. Forget Diana day.

thanet
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2011 : 20:53:59      reply with quote

we honored our fallen on 11/11/11 at 11am at work also went to service at silsden there was a good crowd i can remember going in years past where the numbers were far less

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

21/11/2011 : 20:51:08      reply with quote

Yes a wonderful turnout on Sunday.
It is a pity not everybody respects the memorial gardens for what they represent, whilst putting up the lights on Saturday afternoon I politely asked six older teenagers to stop skateboarding in the gardens and ended up in an argument with them before we got them to go elsewhere to play their kids games.

Replies in this thread : 5

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > cenotaph sun 13th  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to