Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > VOTE

Replies in this thread : 33

Author

Topic : VOTE

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 10:31:10      reply with quote

click for more information

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 10:32:49      reply with quote

I hope there is a good turn out. Especially from folks on here who are passionate about Silsden. Put your vote where your mouth is wink ;)

I am popping in later

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 12:44:04      reply with quote

Just been and voted (11:00). The hall was pretty busy, although not many people in the booths.

Pity there wasn't a vote to go independent from BMDC. Just read the quarterly newsletter for the allotments, where they say money is available for maintenance of allotments sites. Are they extracting the urine??

In the last 6 years, we have had a gate fitted and the occasional visit! We've had no water for over a year! Site management, where??

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 14:10:03      reply with quote

bumped into mr Rowley up at the church when voting
seemed very slimey to me
said did good work on the beck clean up
(and added with mr Naylor) he said ive been keeping my eye on things

thing is what does keeping an eye on things do
he might be better getting his wellies on getting into the beck and giving us a hand
we need do'ers not watchers
keeping an eye on things does absolutely 0

He was right on one thing Mr Naylor was there and was grafting just as hard as the rest of us
also i didnt even realise who he was untill i was chating with him at the end
once again we need do'ers not watcherswink ;)

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 16:23:03      reply with quote

Went in at 4 on my way home from work. There was a slow and steady stream if folks going in. Hopefully it picks up this evening when more people are home from work.

I was quite disappointed as there were no candidates or their representatives to have a lively debate with.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 16:54:18      reply with quote

posted by hermione fraggle

I was quite disappointed as there were no candidates or their representatives to have a lively debate with.
As far as I know the issues can't be debated on election day. Even on a message board like this one.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 16:55:23      reply with quote

dont forget to put your x were it will work best for silsden not shipleywink ;)

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 17:00:34      reply with quote

posted by gazzer

As far as I know the issues can't be debated on election day. Even on a message board like this one.
If that is the case then why do they show up at polling stations and why are they up and down the streets, saw a represenative on New Road. Surely they show up in a last ditch attempt to get you to vote in favour of them or their party, is this not the same as a debate?

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 17:23:06      reply with quote

This has been doing the rounds on the social network sites. I thought it was rather apt...

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 17:28:02      reply with quote

Campaigning on polling day
3.63 While it is clear that campaigning cannot happen within a polling station or
polling place, there is less clarity on how this extends to the surrounding area.
Presiding Officers must ensure that electors can quietly and privately cast their vote
free of any intimidation (whether real or perceived) and provide a space where the
secrecy of the ballot will be respected. Electors should be able to enter the
surrounding area in the same manner.
3.64 There should be no long-term parking of vehicles for campaign purposes, for
example displaying election materials or using loudspeakers, immediately outside
entrances or within a reasonable distance of the entrance. Cars being used in
campaigns that are also used to transport voters may need to wait for the voter while
at the polling station, but this should not be unduly prolonged.
3.65 The Presiding Officer will not allow large groups of a candidate’s supporters or
detractors to gather in the vicinity of the polling station, and will be particularly alert to
actions that may lead to electors feeling intimidated or influenced. Influencing
includes deterring an elector from voting at all, as well as influencing them to vote or
not to vote for a particular candidate.
3.66 It is for the Returning Officer and Presiding Officer to decide whether particular
campaign activities around a polling station should be permitted to continue, bearing
in mind the need to balance the needs of campaigners and electors. The local police
may also act to ensure public order at or near polling stations.
3.67 If a venue contains more than one polling station, the Returning Officer may
request that the principal Presiding Officer assumes responsibility for monitoring the
area. However, other Presiding Officers would retain responsibility for their particular
polling stations.
Relief
3.68 If a candidate or agent becomes aware that they may have mistakenly acted in
contravention of any of the election rules, they may apply for and may be granted
relief from the penalties for any offence.
3.69 Independent legal advice should be taken if this is being considered. To obtain
information about this:

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 17:29:07      reply with quote

Also;

www.electoralcommission.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/141890/Tellers-guidance-generic.pdf

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 17:53:16      reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification, I was unaware of this.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 18:41:18      reply with quote

well well well its just been confirmed by the police that cllr andrew mallinson has been spoken to about the theft of banners from private property shocked 8Oto which he has admitted toshocked 8Onaughty naughtywink ;)i wonder if his candidate is aware of thiswink ;)roll on 10pm. never have i seen such dirty tactics as what the tories have tried. please go out and vote tonight if you have not yethappy :)

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 18:44:16      reply with quote

i wasnt very happy with Rowleys comments (see my post further up)
maybe he thought i was one of Mr Naylors team
i am not i dont get involved with politics as the majority do nothing
they seem to try and get in by saying how garbage the other candidate is

Wouldnt it be refreshing if all candidates actually stated what they are going to do if elected
AND THEN ACTUALLY DO ITangry

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 18:49:22      reply with quote

pumba pigs would definatley fly if the didlaugh :Dlaugh :D

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 19:05:33      reply with quote

there was no one in the polling station when I went this afternoon so hope it gets busier although a few people I have spoken to say they never vote.This is particularly so with the under 30's, such a shame that young people are not interested.
Skippy, were the banners that were stolen from silsden?

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 19:13:38      reply with quote

I had a similar thing at work, I kept remingning my colleagues, who are predominatly like myself under 35 and I was amazed byt how many of them were ot voting. Citing their disinterest in politics as the reason, I tried arguing about not having to be swayed by party politics and voting by the candidiate who would best represent them and who's promises for the future most suited there own views in life, and added the old chestnuts about how in the past people had to fight to get the right to vote. I am afraid it fell on deaf ears. I am not sure if this is down to their age or a reflection on the apathy of society in general.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 19:31:21      reply with quote

How can anyone be surprised that many people are not prepared to vote? The perception of politicians is at its lowest ever, fiddling expenses, lack of honesty, don't deliver on what they say, prone to lying, not interested in what people say, throwing mud at each other....it goes on and on.
We cannot say that these people are on the side of the people, they are in it for themselves...one day there will a British Spring, when we get too fed up with it all, and do something about it.

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 19:40:59      reply with quote

I think opinion is of a general low, but should this not just make you want to vote for a candidate with some kind of integrity. The MP for the area in which I previously lived was hopeless and only was voted in time and after time as the area was such a strong seat for his party he did not have to make the effort, I had experience of dealing with him personally and was disctinctly unimpressed. He was in for financial gain he grew in a working class social housing area and unlitmately gained a large residential property in a well to do suburb and was heavily embroiled in the expenses scandal. This did not put me off voting, merely made me more determined to vote for a hopefully worthy candidate. I can understand being against party politics but having no interest in choosing a person who may influence your area or nation for a period of time, I just do not understand this.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 19:46:29      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

hermione....how do you know who has integrity? You can't believe what they say any more.
I say this with great sadness, I've been around a long time, and I've never known it as bad as it is.
You just have to read some of the comments on this forum to see what a dirty business politics has become.

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 19:54:51      reply with quote

Well I guess you do have to have some faith in what they say it is easier when candidates are up for re-election as you can see what they have done whilst in office. I am imagining that you can do some leg work and find aout about their claims of things they have done if they say they are on this that or the other comittee or do work for charities or non-profit making organisations.

I do agree that mud slinging seems to be the new order. It is getting like the US where the local elections are full of mud slinging and accusatory advertisements. It is such a shame.
solid wood flooring

victor
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 20:07:09      reply with quote

Skippy can you tell us all how much was spent on the campaign,so we can see if money buys votes.

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 20:13:11      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

To which candiate are you referring? Or would you like to know for all of them so you can compare and contrast?

I only received any kind of campaign material from one candidate. Which wasn't great on the part of those that didn't, perhaps those that didn't weren't too bothered about getting my vote or thought I would have read about them in the local press, and for all the candidates I haven't seen many posters or banners in comparison to other areas I have been through recently.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 21:14:23      reply with quote

On one of the other posts Skippy said he was Mr Naylors agent,and I dont know if any of the others have one.So thats why I asked Skippy because someone had to pay for all the posters about town.

Fred
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 21:37:40      reply with quote

You mean all those posters that Andrew Malison took down who just happens to be the agent for Andrew Rowley. See the very small print on Andrew Rowley's election leaflet.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 21:50:06      reply with quote

I dont read Rubbish

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 22:03:48      reply with quote

Well its all over hope reports that the yes vote have won the mayor election are not true

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 22:08:15      reply with quote

i heard counting will start around 10:30pm at vic hall keighley
and there counting the mayor vote first

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 22:23:28      reply with quote

ginjo the banners were nicked from steetonsad :(victor the expenses have to be returned in the next 2 weeks,i dont think this is made public though,only guessing as its my first time as an agent, after all this nasty foul play by the tories it may be my last .maybe if the councillors only got paid for things they did it wouldnot be as nastysad :(todays money is scandelous,when i stood you only got paid for attending meetings not for being ellected as is the case todaysad :(anyhow must go and watch the count at keighley,late night for meshocked 8Omore news tomorrow

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2012 : 22:43:43      reply with quote

hopefully good news skippy

victor
Website Member

Website Member

04/05/2012 : 08:33:21      reply with quote

Thanks Skippy and well done.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

04/05/2012 : 08:38:44      reply with quote

posted by skippy
ginjo the banners were nicked from steeton:
He can have all the "Re-elect Naylor" banners now. New ones need to go up saying "Naylor re-elected".

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

18/10/2012 : 17:45:51      reply with quote

posted by skippy
well well well its just been confirmed by the police that cllr andrew mallinson has been spoken to about the theft of banners from private property shocked 8Oto which he has admitted toshocked 8Onaughty naughtywink ;)i wonder if his candidate is aware of thiswink ;)roll on 10pm. never have i seen such dirty tactics as what the tories have tried. please go out and vote tonight if you have not yethappy :)
All lies, Mallinson "said he never instigated any slur campaign against Coun Naylor and stuck to purely election campaigning in the run-up to the polls."

www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/news_keighley/9993912.Councillor_for_Silsden_and_Steeton____was_victim_of_smears___/

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

19/10/2012 : 15:33:13      reply with quote

gazzer i hope i arnt speaking out of turn herewink ;)but i am awaiting a reply from the standards board in bradford about the way the tory ward councillor conducted his campaign on behalf of andy rowleywink ;)then we may see some legal action taken wink ;)as corpraljones always said (they dont like it up em), lets wait and seewink ;)

Replies in this thread : 33

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > VOTE  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to