Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > 55 new houses

Replies in this thread : 33

Author

Topic : 55 new houses

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

31/05/2012 : 18:28:12      reply with quote

it has reached the mayoral lugoles that there is to be a consultation next week regarding sykes lane, anybody else heard owt?if so share the gosswink ;)
click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

31/05/2012 : 19:05:05      reply with quote

YES... a little bird whispered in my ear and sent me this

www.silsden.net/town_council/docs_12/12_notice/SykesLaneHouses_consultation.pdf

Thursday 7th June 2012
from 3.30pm to 7.30pm
at Silsden Town Hall

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

31/05/2012 : 20:22:34      reply with quote

not much time is itshocked 8Oless than a week and that includes a 4 day hollidayshocked 8O we shall have to try and get this in the press asap,no chance of the local papers running it as we havent been given much timeangry something dont seem right to mesad :(

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

31/05/2012 : 20:49:28      reply with quote

I've not heard a thing, and considering this is nearly opposite my property I would have thought they might have at least contacted the residents round here.

I have a few opinins already especially with regarrd to what I am assuming is their proposed entrance and exit road, which is in between lots of other road ends and near enough opposite a site where they have been given permission for 12 new houses which makes yet another road end.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

31/05/2012 : 21:30:49      reply with quote

hf i only got tipped the wink this aftsad :(

Pennypeck
Website Member

Website Member

01/06/2012 : 00:27:14      reply with quote

For what it's worth, I posted the following on the thread named "tow path" just over a month ago. It is relevant to this thread. I understand that threads cannot be combined, so I've pasted it below.

The item wasn't so much about the building of houses on the site detailed by Peter's post but more about the proposed access to it via the BMDC-owned site between Albert Square and Mill-Banks. To avoid having three contiguous exits onto Keighley Rd, the plan is or was to obliterate the bottom side of Albert Square and Mill Banks and have traffic from those two streets join the proposed new road that will go between them. My point was that if BMDC's propensity to sell their land is as great as I believe it is, they might approve the proposed entrance to the site for reasons which appertain to their own commercial interests rather than it's suitability.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20/04/2012 : 23:37:13

Reference a JCB reported digging in the former Tunnicliffe's wood yard and surveyors seen on the towpath adjacent to the woodyard, in the wood yard, and in Keighley Rd south of the canal. You might be interested in the following:-

1. A planning application to build 12 houses on the Pennine Playgrounds site in Keighley Rd, filed in January 2012, following withdrawal of a previous one about a year earlier, appears to have been approved. That might be part of the reason for the surveyors appearing in Keighley Rd. However there might be more reasons. Keep reading.

2. Skippy answered a previous request about title of the former Tunniclife's yard in a different thread in 2010, stating it was owned by Novo Homes. I believe that is still the case.

3. After recently complaining about a non-response to a complaint about the state of the land between Mill Banks and Albert Square, which is owned by BMDC, which was filed with BMDC about a year ago, I got a response asking me to meet with BMDC on-site, which I did. I put it to them that if a land-owner on Keighley Road let a site deteriorate to the same level as the site in question, the Council would have long since taken action against the owner. I was told that no money was available, which I rejected on the basis that the new financial year was just one week old at the time. Almost as if by magic, some money might be available after all and it is likely that small scale repairs and tidying of the site might take place soon. However, I was left with the distinct impression that making good the fence was little to do with the Council playing the good citizen and more to do with keeping caravans off, given the recent incident at the fun-fair ground further down Keighley Rd. The Mill Banks plot in question already has a gaping hole in the fence.

As the conversation continued, it became apparent that being cash-strapped, the Council are anxious to dispose of some of its estate assets. A previous plan to build houses to the west of Sykes Lane is understood to have failed because agreement could not be reached with the owner of the current woodyard close to the fun-fair ground. Hence they are unable to reach the fenced-off plot north of the fair ground (which if I understood properly, is also owned by BMDC), this plot being the area where the housing estate road was to join Keighley Rd. I believe the plans to do this were approved before the non-agreement between the wood yard owners and the developers.

So, the only real alternative way between Keighley Rd and the proposed new estate is through the BMDC plot between Mill Banks and Albert Square. In itself it raises an interesting point. The Council will surely be in a "conflict of interest" position in selling the plot of land, given that the housing development is probably a non-starter if they won't sell it. No doubt they will want to sell for fiscal reasons, but should an authority with such conflict of interest be the judge and jury of the respective planning application if and when it is filed?

This is only hearsay but I am led to believe that other companies are now interested in developing the Tunnicliffe's and adjoining fields site. Given that both Mill Banks and Albert Square join Keighley Rd, the estate exit through the BMDC plot would make three junctions with Keighley Rd next to each other, which will surely never be permitted. This situation will be further exacerbated by the traffic from the dwellings on the Pennine Playgrounds site, about 50m away, all jockeying for position at rush hour times.

So, this could be another reason for surveyor activity in Keighley Rd the other day.

I hope this helps shed light on the matter.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

01/06/2012 : 08:06:17      reply with quote

To help understand the excellent description above and the likely increase in traffic problems for Keighley Road you can use these links to maps

goo.gl/maps/YOYF (Google interactive satellite map)

goo.gl/maps/JpSY (Google street map of area)

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

01/06/2012 : 08:36:53      reply with quote

Regarding access through the wood yard, whatever happened to compulsory purchase? Even for cash strapped CBMDC that would make sense as it would enhance the value of all their land, and anyhow while CBMDC might have to pay out for the compulsory purchase they would certainly get it back from the house builders.

So long as the access is carried out OK I for one am quite happy for that area to be developed for housing. We need more houses, and that is as good a spot as any.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

01/06/2012 : 10:10:02      reply with quote

Agree with old miner. It's another brownfield site used, another eyesore out of the way, more desparately needed houses....as long as they consult locals and watch out for extra traffic...why not?
Maybe some traffic lights would work, slowing down through traffic and controlling access for locals. And add in a 20mph limit for the town as well?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

01/06/2012 : 10:14:01      reply with quote

Maybe some traffic lights would work
I don't think so, but a roundabout at the Belton Road junction might.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

01/06/2012 : 15:46:52      reply with quote

Peter...yes please, great idea

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

02/06/2012 : 08:12:25      reply with quote

Silsden does not need more houses. The services we have are not enough! People cannot get mortgages, houses are barely selling. Why build more?

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

02/06/2012 : 09:24:09      reply with quote

Finally got a letter from a planing compnay on behalf of the developers about this, with a flyer it in inviting us to the consulation meeting. A few days before, imagine if we were to be working and were not availble that afternoon, its a bit late to be able to change shifts. anyone would think they are hoping for a low turn out wink ;)

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

04/06/2012 : 16:11:59      reply with quote

hf happy :)your thinking like a councillor nowlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dsynical or whatlaugh :Dlaugh :D

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

07/06/2012 : 10:18:50      reply with quote

TODAY IS THE DAY - get yourself down to the Townhall and tell them what you think of the project..... open from 3.30pm to 7.30pm

posted by Peter
YES... a little bird whispered in my ear and sent me this

www.silsden.net/town_council/docs_12/12_notice/SykesLaneHouses_consultation.pdf

Thursday 7th June 2012
from 3.30pm to 7.30pm
at Silsden Town Hall

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

07/06/2012 : 13:03:57      reply with quote

Thanks Peter for reposting.

I am hoping to head down at some point to investigate, I hope the bad weather doesn't put people off going and giving them their views.

pednjulie
Website Member

Website Member

07/06/2012 : 15:23:58      reply with quote

if u build more houses in silsden why do away with the countryside,u build more houses and we get more crimes as we dont no who these new ppl are.silsden has enough traffic at teatimes with traffic building up down kly road.why do u want to turn our small town into trash strange!!!

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

07/06/2012 : 17:09:05      reply with quote

I haven't been up yet but Pumbajunior went up a little earlier. Despite the fact they can see the traffic levels from the building they are in they seem to be looking through different eyes and are unconcerned by traffic levels. They are also unconcerned that they are building on the edge of a conservation zone although I am unsure myself of any of the land they are proposing to build on is within the limits of the conservation zone. They seem to think we are getting a bypass (frankly laughable) and their local maps include other proposed building sites. They also fobbed off concerns we had about sewarage and drainage which is poor on Keighley Road as it is. I live in this area and looked at a land search we had done on our property 6 years ago, which shows at least some of the site they have ear marked is "a severe risk of flooding". The mind frankly boggles as to how they can ignore these issues.

They giving out nice colour leaflets with the usual "estate agent" rubbish for commuters about how to get out Silsden by road, car, bus.

I am heading up shortly to "speak" with them although i am sure they will fob me off

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

07/06/2012 : 17:20:41      reply with quote

This is a map for the conservation area (there is a link from the LHS menu, under Local History)

www.silsden.net/useful/docs/silsden_march2002_conservation-map.pdf

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

07/06/2012 : 17:24:12      reply with quote

Seems they are technically not in it, just butted right up to it, expect for their access road will be going through it.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

07/06/2012 : 17:44:38      reply with quote

planning and conservation areaswink ;)you dont need to be in one only bordering it to still have to take account of the ruleswink ;)as the canal corridor is in it then so is this sitewink ;)wink ;)dont be fooled by what the developer tells you or there agentshappy :)i will be down in a bit to see for myself what they are sayingwink ;)
solid wood flooring

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

07/06/2012 : 18:39:36      reply with quote

posted by skippy
planning and conservation areaswink ;)you dont need to be in one only bordering it to still have to take account of the ruleswink ;)as the canal corridor is in it then so is this sitewink ;)wink ;)dont be fooled by what the developer tells you or there agentshappy :)i will be down in a bit to see for myself what they are sayingwink ;)
I think HF is going to watch you tear them a new one hahaha
Yes all the questions i asked came back with the usual flannel

When i mentioned about drains they said they will be adopted by the relevent gov dept
i said the drains on keighley road are already constantly blocked
they said these will feed in lower down
i said there still feeding into the same pipe SO WILL MAKE IT WORSE!!!!!angry

top and bottom of it they dont live here so just wanna make a fast buck and away they goangryangryangry

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

07/06/2012 : 19:18:27      reply with quote

brown field site bring it on going down for a job friday am,reason for houses not selling greedy people asking too much for them, they av gone down in value greatly lately,one priced right on our street had sold sign put up before they could get a for sale sign up.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

07/06/2012 : 22:00:34      reply with quote

doggy shocked 8Oyou a joblaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dno seriousley it is only partially brown field so yes to some but not all and definatley out of where they propose on to kly rdangryangry

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

09/06/2012 : 15:55:57      reply with quote

I couldn't make the meeting due to work commitments. Anymore feedback to be had?
Not been on the pc for the last few days and haven't used the links to BMDC.

Is there still time to deliver a formal objection? If so, what is the cut off?

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

09/06/2012 : 16:06:55      reply with quote

Just tried the link on the phone provided earlier on this thread. I feel the need to point out the obvious; There is only one entry/exit to the site, which I believe would contravene planning regulations?

Or is it case of developers making their own rules??

localman
Website Member

Website Member

10/06/2012 : 14:12:25      reply with quote

hang on a minute there is only one entrance to banklands estate there is only one entrance to cobbydale park there is only one entrance to the new estate at the bottom of howden road so what the hell are you on about? please explain.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

10/06/2012 : 21:04:29      reply with quote

localman....agree with you, could probably think of others as well, lots of culdesacs in Silsden...some people are getting desperate to stop further housing.
We should welcome it, most people in Silsden would not have a house to live in now if no expansion had been allowed in the past. Plenty of scope left to build good housing that people can afford to buy.

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

10/06/2012 : 21:05:38      reply with quote

mostly on flood plains as far as i can see dexter

localman
Website Member

Website Member

11/06/2012 : 10:29:15      reply with quote

flood plains? there are hill sides all round silsden they can build on, stop putting out feeble excuses all the time? people have to live somewhere why should my children have to move out of silsden when they want to stay here plus new housing estates means local people in the building trade get some much needed work

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

11/06/2012 : 11:25:10      reply with quote

This subject really isn't worth arguing about at the moment. The area did have planning permission but it was allowed to lapse. The fact that the planning permission was allowed to lapse tells you a lot about the current market, and the fact Novo Homes didn't see it as viable project.

Harron Homes have taken up the option of carrying out a fact finding exercise of building on the Sykes Lane land.

The consultation last Thursday was just that - a fact finding exercise - the plans shown were laughable. They had no imagination, and showed a lack of sympathy with the local area. The plan was for 2 - 5 bedroom detached houses, detached being a few feet from your neighbours house. The houses planned for the canal side were to be plonked under the canal bank and would have done nothing to enhance the canal, and would you want a house with a large expanse of glass, looking over the canal, but facing North?

The main problem was the access to the site, it was proposed to be via the piece of land which was used to sell caravans. This land comes out onto Keighley Road, (55 houses), so imagine another 80 cars trying to exit right onto Keighley Road at 8am in the morning sad :(sad :(

The traffic problem did not concern the developers because of course they were using the LDF map which showed the proposed bypass laugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D Neither had they considered any alternative exit because they didn't own the Sykes Lane site anyway.

Harron Homes 1 out of 10 MUST TRY HARDER shocked 8Oshocked 8O

(This is my personal view after attending the consultation)

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

11/06/2012 : 23:43:28      reply with quote

posted by localman
flood plains? there are hill sides all round silsden they can build on, stop putting out feeble excuses all the time? people have to live somewhere why should my children have to move out of silsden when they want to stay here plus new housing estates means local people in the building trade get some much needed work
Did you actually go to the consultation?
if you had you would have seen most of the zoning for housing was below belton road this is one of the few higher up housing areas planned on the map
i agree it would be better to have them higher up on the hillside so not in the flood plain

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

12/06/2012 : 09:59:34      reply with quote

The flood plains issue is a red herring...the insurance companies will never provide cover for any houses built there, so it's highly unlikely anyone would buy one.
There are other places in Silsden more appropriate, and they will be the ones to get developed...hopefully happy :)

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

12/06/2012 : 16:06:05      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The Government have set the numbers of houses they say we need to build based on population growth. A lot of population growth is from immigration. Nothing wrong with that if people come from abroad and have something to offer. But it has to be sustainable and at the moment its not because we dont have the infrastructure, housing being one of the main shortages.

Now I just read in the news about the problems in Spain where we are helping to bail out their banks. Just prior to the 2008 crash the Spanish built 1m new homes. Unfortunately only 1/2m of these were sold leading to their banks problems.
So thats 2 European countries one with a housing shortage and one with a housing surplus. Anyone think of an answer to this problem?

If they gave these houses to Brits(or others) as payment for the bailout at least they would get 1/2m families into their country spending money.
In a similar way the Greeks should give us all a free summer holiday!!!

Replies in this thread : 33

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > 55 new houses  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to