Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Good Efforts & Many Thanks to you all in helping make Gala great day Robinhood thanku alls.

Replies in this thread : 9

Author

Topic : Good Efforts & Many Thanks to you all in helping make Gala great day Robinhood thanku alls.

CrazyFrog
Website Member

Website Member

30/07/2012 : 23:05:01      reply with quote

Would like to thank all the staff,customers.Also Jed & Gilly & friends from the Bayhorse too bringing motorcycles. David Throup&Jessica & all the lovely young Farmers bringing allyour tractors helping trim our Float the kids that made fab efforts in there fancy dress.Billy Dobson for donate fixtures & yr time.Debbie put great effort as always this yearhappy :)Sad to see the procession gets smaller each year not many small local buisness,s are putting much effort into our procession other than Twisters,Public Services,the youngsters,The Bands then Robins locals & Friends its slowly losing its way.The Robin made sugestion to local Vicor to make Gala what it used to be offering to provide free tea & scones to all our eldery of Silsden in our local nursing/Resd homes by bringing them to the gala maybe seating them in the methodist gardens letting them see the procession making few guests of honour judging the day bring back memories for them whom made Silsden Gala happen all the years ago this is what its about bringing our local community together for a day.Overall the kids loved it but special Thankyou to all Robinhoods good people&friends.happy :)happy :)happy :)happy :)
click for more information

CrazyFrog
Website Member

Website Member

30/07/2012 : 23:42:37      reply with quote

just like to add when mention to local vicor about bringing the eldely out to Gala day he thought it was a wonderful idea.I understand not up to u to decide what happens.

CrazyFrog
Website Member

Website Member

31/07/2012 : 00:27:44      reply with quote

Had a look at this years programme for the Gala firstly the Queens attendants were these changed after the picking.why is it the Kings Arms is always advertised on your banners outside ST James,s.always mentioned with big thankyous do they do something outstanding or just hold meetings for the committee?seem to get lot of appreciation but for what.They held a BBQ did the proceeds go to local charity or to the Gala id just like to no.Usually our past events BBQ,s,Hogg Roasts,Balloon races even 50th Birthday weekender,headshaves Christmas treats for the children of Airedale Hospital and many others everything donated to our Local Yorkshire Air Ambulance, Breast Cancer Unit over the Years giving many thousands raised by Robinhood and customers.I feel we get overlooked when it comes to events GALA Christmas market as its all centred at the top of the Town.How many local buisness,s on the Gala Programme actually do give to our community.Please forgive me if im single any place out i do not wish to do that.I just want to point out mine and many others feelings.No one comes and approaches our public house offering our ideas and suggestions towards any events or how we can help,offer support to Silsden.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

31/07/2012 : 09:57:28      reply with quote

maybe the robin does not promote itself as much as other pubs, I presume the kings asks if they can put banners up or advertise on silsden.net, do you have a website? I suppose the weather did not help and a lot of people will have been away on holidays also cowling gala is on the same day and although I have never been to it, I am told it is much bigger and better than silsden, perhaps they have a bigger venue? The bed push was a new event, maybe something could come from this, maybe a bed race like some other places do or what about a scarecrow trail like kettlewell, that would keep people in the town as well maybe using the shops.Please note these are suggestions not in any way critisisms

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

31/07/2012 : 10:34:06      reply with quote

A banner on the front page, and one for the forum area linked to information about your business, or to your website, all for 50 + vat per year

At least 1200 local people per day visit this website

www.silsden.net/about/email.shtm happy :)happy :)happy :)happy :)happy :)

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

31/07/2012 : 11:30:42      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

jingo,,,,cowling gala on the saturday 28th the day before silsden?

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

31/07/2012 : 18:52:13      reply with quote

crazyfrog lisa and francis are great supporters of the gala not only financialy but let us use their room whenever we require for which we are very grateful,as for the banners lisa and francis bought those to promote the gala and quite rightly put their name on them,we do not stay at the top of the town as you say we do try to make sure that we involve everybody .the meetings are usualy on the first sun in the month. as i have said many times before you are welcome to come along and help financialy or just giving some time at future events. we cannot shut silsden down for the whole day at market day due to the buses ,thats why we use briggate as no buses go up on a sunday, also i dont think that the owners of the properties on kirkgate would take too kindly to us holding a bonfire outside the shops,if you have any better ideas please come along to our meetings and share them with us. plenty of local buisnesses advertised in our program ,did you ?

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

31/07/2012 : 18:55:04      reply with quote

ginjo next year get yourself up to cowling and then commentwink ;)cowling like silsden put on a good show with very little help.

CrazyFrog
Website Member

Website Member

02/08/2012 : 00:59:11      reply with quote

Ido not have a buisness here so not going to advertise.All the pubs,clubs do there bit for the community The Lion Sewer Rats do many things.Its about working together its not a battle against each other we do put a lot of effort into raise for our local charities.Gala cost far more money than place a advert lots was put into making the day fun prep the float,Tractors,fancy dress.I just think would be nice to set off from Staincliffe so the elderly that carnt get out & about get to see the floats,silsden allstars,gala queens.Just ideas. As for your Bonfire Qoute really not needed most Silsden enjoy the event.Christmas event used to be up and down the village.Understandably its changed over the years.happy :)happy :)happy :) My Little one loved the day so thats all that matters.happy :)

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

02/08/2012 : 17:24:08      reply with quote

crazyfrog the christmas extravaganza stopped because the shops and pubs couldnot be bothered to open or help,the schools were a great help but theres no point in doing something in an empty street, apathy rules unfortunatlyshocked 8Oshocked 8Ohope to see you on sunday 12th august for this months gala meethappy :)

Replies in this thread : 9

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Good Efforts & Many Thanks to you all in helping make Gala great day Robinhood thanku alls.  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to