Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > MEETING for TOWN HALL refurbishment plans TUES 11 SEPT, 7.30pm

Replies in this thread : 9

Author

Topic : MEETING for TOWN HALL refurbishment plans TUES 11 SEPT, 7.30pm

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2012 : 11:42:28      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

TIME FOR ALL GOOD SILSDENERS TO COME TO THE PARTY

There is a town planning meeting in the TOWN HALL, TUES 11 SEPT starting at 7.30pm.

Bradford Asset Management will be there to say what they propose to do with Silsden Town Hall and (I assume) their plans for the library and the land which it occupies.

A large room has been booked, if you care about what happens to Silsden you should attend.

www.silsden.net/town_council/docs_12/12_meetings/STC_meeting_agenda(asset_management)_Sept2012.pdf
click for more information

FIELD
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2012 : 13:09:06      reply with quote

Thank you for the information Peter. Speaking metaphorically, I wonder if there is a hidden agenda behind the short notice? Or is it a case of "let's get it out of the way", paying lip service to the Silsden community.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2012 : 17:30:24      reply with quote

field who is paying lip service? bradford or silsden?

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2012 : 18:01:55      reply with quote

peter as i understand this meeting is the rescheduled august planning meeting
so lets have all folks out who carehappy :)and see if we can empty the purse of bfdwink ;)

FIELD
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2012 : 22:11:05      reply with quote

Bradford, as we all know are useless in every way. Communications, only take place if it suits them. Something smells!

paperclip
Website Member

Website Member

05/09/2012 : 20:35:31      reply with quote

This could be a very important "public" meeting. It's the first opportunity that everybody interested in the future of Silsden and its assets will have of seeing/hearing about plans for the refurbishment of the Town Hall, regardless of whether they belong to any specific interest group, church or political party. May I respectfully ask two questions? How long has this meeting been in Town Council diaries? Where else has it been announced, other than in a not very explicit notice on the Town Hall board? Great though it is, not every one with useful opinions and democratic rights logs on to Silsden.net.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

06/09/2012 : 18:13:10      reply with quote

paperclip as i said in the post above this is not a PUBLIC meeting it is a rescheduled planning meeting,public are allowed to attend ,we could only set this meeting up after assetmanagement and all the town councillors agreed to when they could all get together.we will call a public meeting if and when one is needed. you can be assured we will not let labour run bfd asset strip silsden without a fight.

paperclip
Website Member

Website Member

07/09/2012 : 20:37:15      reply with quote

Apologies skippy. I've read it all again and realise I confused 'a Council meeting open to the public' with a 'Public Meeting'. But now I've got another question. Will members of the public be able to speak and ask questions - even if they live in Steeton, Eastburn or Addingham etc? Silsden is the "capital" of Craven Ward and its future and assets are of importance, interest and use to all of us. It was good to have Dave Mullens there last night. Collaboration could move mountains. Well, maybe just hillocks to start with.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

11/09/2012 : 18:04:00      reply with quote

posted by Peter
TIME FOR ALL GOOD SILSDENERS TO COME TO THE PARTY

There is a town planning meeting in the TOWN HALL, TUES 11 SEPT starting at 7.30pm.

Bradford Asset Management will be there to say what they propose to do with Silsden Town Hall and (I assume) their plans for the library and the land which it occupies.

A large room has been booked, if you care about what happens to Silsden you should attend.

www.silsden.net/town_council/docs_12/12_meetings/STC_meeting_agenda(asset_management)_Sept2012.pdf
The meeting is TONIGHT happy :)happy :)happy :)happy :)

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

12/09/2012 : 18:24:54      reply with quote

anyone know the outcome of lastnights meeting?skippy is still struggling with his backsad :(sad :(

Replies in this thread : 9

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > MEETING for TOWN HALL refurbishment plans TUES 11 SEPT, 7.30pm  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to