Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to FOR SALE/SERVICES | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > FOR SALE/SERVICES > Vinyl to CD Service

Replies in this thread : 7

Author

Topic : Vinyl to CD Service

paulr72
Website Member

Website Member

09/09/2012 : 17:43:58      reply with quote

I looked everywhere to find someone who could transfer old vinyl records onto CDs, but couldn't find anyone.
So, I bought the equipment needed to do it myself!
Therefore, if anyone wants some of their old records transferring to CD I can do it for you.
Prices :
Straight copy (ie just a copy onto CD):
1-5 5.00 each.
6 or more 4.00 each.
Deluxe Copy (ie includes CD, jewel case & full printed covers)
1-5 8.00 each
6 or more 7.00 each
For each one done I will donate a 1 to the Air Ambulance.
If you wish to take up my offer, please ring on 01274 780616 (located in Silsden)
click for more information

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

09/09/2012 : 19:33:01      reply with quote

not sure this is legal and you could probably by the cd new or used cheaper on ebay or amazon

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

09/09/2012 : 20:01:53      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I thought it is legal if you retain the original vinyl record, and only use CD for personal use.
Any lawyers out there? happy :)

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

10/09/2012 : 10:42:37      reply with quote

its legal to do a backup copy yes
but for someone to charge to do it
i doubt it
plus as i said you could probably buy the original cd cheaper

paulr72
Website Member

Website Member

10/09/2012 : 12:29:54      reply with quote

To clarify the copyright issue.
All material transferred by me, at your request, must be fully owned by you and must be the original recording.
Your order will be processed on the understanding that the resulting CD will not be copied in any way, and it will be used for the purpose of private listening only and that no material should be broadcast, hired, leased or re-sold in any way whatsoever.
In order to comply with Copyright Laws you must retain ownership of the original recorded material whilst in possession of the CD provided by me.
If the original recording is sold on, then the CD must be sold with it. CD's produced by me are not for re-sale.
By using my service you take full responsibility for all Copyright issues under the 'Fair Use' provisions of Copyright Law.
'Fair Use' means that, because you own the original recordings,you are allowed to transfer them to any other media for personal use only. This allows me to offer this service to you without infringeing any Copyright Laws.

WRT buying CD from other sources on the net, of course you can buy CDs to replace your old records. But the reason I couldn't go down that route for myself is that the record that I wanted to copy was not available. I just thought that others may be in the same situation & thought I could help.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

10/09/2012 : 15:03:10      reply with quote

Can't see a problem here at all. If someone wants the service it's perfectly legal if the rules are followed, and they are prepared to pay. happy :)

paulr72
Website Member

Website Member

10/09/2012 : 16:17:40      reply with quote

Thanks for that Dexter.
That's what I thought too. Just offering a potential solution to a problem I faced when trying to find a local Company to copy one of my old LPs onto CD.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

10/09/2012 : 19:29:33      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

You're welcome paulr72....nice to see someone local with a fresh idea to help people who might have favourite music they want to keep in a more modern format. Good luck happy :)

Replies in this thread : 7

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > FOR SALE/SERVICES > Vinyl to CD Service  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to