Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Buying planning permission

Replies in this thread : 15

Author

Topic : Buying planning permission

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

13/09/2012 : 12:21:49      reply with quote

this post has been edited 4 time(s)

It seems Bradford Council now offer a service to developers where they set a price for planning to be agreed prior to rubber stamping at planning meetings. Bit of a worry really.

www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/local/district/district_keighley/9925472.Silsden_houses_plan_set_to_get_go_ahead/

It works out at £2857 per property. If the proposed 1,500 new homes plans are sold at the same price it would bring Bradford Council nearly £4.3m
click for more information

hat
Website Member

Website Member

13/09/2012 : 13:55:40      reply with quote

Bradford Councilís regulatory and appeals committee are being recommended to approve the application for land south west of 14 Wayside Mews when they meet next Tuesday.
recommended by who exactly?

& what exactly does this mean?:
and to cover the cost of a traffic regulation order at the junctions of Banklands and Bolton Road, and Dale View and Bolton Road.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

13/09/2012 : 14:13:58      reply with quote

x-ref www.silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=4471

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and to cover the cost of a traffic regulation order at the junctions of Banklands and Bolton Road, and Dale View and Bolton Road.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I objected to the extra traffic which would add to the problem getting in and out of the Dale View / Bolton Road junction - perhaps they have decided enough is enough and made it part of the conditions of granting planning permission. happy :)

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

13/09/2012 : 14:32:43      reply with quote

It seems to me that the extra costs for the developer are going into improving things for the community, not into the council coffers. Have I read it right? happy :)

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

13/09/2012 : 15:56:40      reply with quote

£14,890 for recreation space in the Craven ward, £26,284 towards improving the existing educational infrastructure within the Craven ward; and to cover the cost of a traffic regulation order at the junctions of Banklands and Bolton Road, and Dale View and Bolton Road.

The Craven Ward is not necessary Silsden

Does a traffic regulation order = yellow lines?

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

13/09/2012 : 18:26:41      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by dexter
It seems to me that the extra costs for the developer are going into improving things for the community, not into the council coffers. Have I read it right? happy :)
The council could dress it up as that be we all know its 40grand less that the council have to spend on Silsden. It sounds good but should planning permission be assumed before a planning meeting if the developer promises cash.

aflac99
Website Member

Website Member

13/09/2012 : 20:16:58      reply with quote

This definately went through STC planning and major concerns were raised over the extra vehicles entering & exiting on Bolton Road

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

14/09/2012 : 17:32:48      reply with quote

i objected to this application as i feel it is too premature,the acsessis not good enough nor is the junction dale view/bolton road. daisey hill should have been the acsess when the next lands are applied for.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

14/09/2012 : 18:50:07      reply with quote

posted by skippy
i objected to this application as i feel it is too premature,the acsessis not good enough nor is the junction dale view/bolton road. daisey hill should have been the acsess when the next lands are applied for.
Getting out of Daisy Hill onto Howden Road itself isnt clever

original
Website Member

Website Member

14/09/2012 : 21:11:16      reply with quote

Friends tell me getting out of Pickard Lane at the present time is a nightmare(mainly due to parked vehicles up to the Junction on Pickard Lane and on Bolton road, and the speed of vehicles on Bolton Road). More houses on Dale view will just magnify the dangers.

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

14/09/2012 : 22:39:22      reply with quote

posted by original
Friends tell me getting out of Pickard Lane at the present time is a nightmare(mainly due to parked vehicles up to the Junction on Pickard Lane and on Bolton road, and the speed of vehicles on Bolton Road). More houses on Dale view will just magnify the dangers.
Agreed
i came out of there last week when bell square was full
a nightmare for vision both ways

Bolton road suffers the same problem as past the bridge down to bypass
(were out of Silsden floor it) even though Bolton road is 30mph until after the corner at Airedale Factors and Keighley Road is 30mph until you get past the crossing near the football groundsad :(

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

14/09/2012 : 22:51:15      reply with quote

posted by original
Getting out of Dale View opposite to Pickard Lane is not much better.

Can we have a 30mph repeater sign GOING UP Bolton Road (before Pickard Lane) and a NO OVERTAKING sign wouldn't go amiss either. angryangryangry

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

16/09/2012 : 12:00:20      reply with quote

When there is a car wanting to exit from Dale View and you want to enter Dale View from Bolton Road where do you go? angry

Coming up Bolton Road you can wait for a car to exit, but it's very dangerous if you are coming down Bolton Road because the curb is high and the cars parked on the pavement make it impossible to enter Dale View. angryangryangry

Obviously the people that park on the pavement have no idea how many cars use this junction and the danger they are causing to people that have to use this junction. angryangry

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

16/09/2012 : 13:48:47      reply with quote

Hate to say it Peter, but the only answer is more yellow lines to stop parking. Some junctions have them to improve safety, but not all. One for the Council to take up if that is what people want.
Looks like a good case on Bolton Road and side streets to me, there's going to be a nasty accident soon.

original
Website Member

Website Member

16/09/2012 : 17:55:38      reply with quote

Peter
please take a photo of the Pickard Lane Junction and main road this is far worse. At least cars are not parked on the main road on the Dale View side.
I thought one had not to park within 15/20 feet of a junction.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2012 : 12:06:22      reply with quote

The cheques cleared as expected

"The effect of the proposal on the surrounding locality and the adjacent neighbouring properties has been assessed and is acceptable subject to limitations on future development.

This decision was taken after very careful consideration of the planning issues, including the matters that you raised.

Whilst I understand that not everyone may be pleased with the outcome, I can tell you that condition(s) were attached to the planning permission to ensure that the proposal will be carried out in a sound and proper manner."

Replies in this thread : 15

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Buying planning permission  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to