Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > NEW BUTCHERS OPENING

This thread is now closed

Replies in this thread : 33

Author

Topic : NEW BUTCHERS OPENING

lorna t
Website Member

Website Member

22/10/2012 : 09:14:09      reply with quote

I would.ike to announce that I am opening a butchers in silsden village on the main road and will be open for trading on Wednesday, I am called Dawn and have been a butcher for many years and have had my own shops and also managed my fathers shop in saltaire, I have made my fathers shop known with a great invention on Facebook called Bargain meat packs and all you have to disjoin my group on Facebook and you can see all the special packs I do also they are fabulous deals in the shop too, I will be selling high quality meats and veg, please come in and introduce yourselves and look at our fab deals
click for more information

photoman
Website Member

Website Member

22/10/2012 : 10:41:29      reply with quote

Whereabouts on the main street will you be? Will it be the now closed Smithies butchers shop you will be taking over? There are already two well established butchers in Silsden who have there own loyal customers.To tempt the customers away from them you must have something special or better than they have. Also you mentioned that you will be selling veg. How many veg shops have come & gone in Silsden? The last one at the bottom of Bolton Road didn't last long. After all this I wish you good luck.

localman
Website Member

Website Member

22/10/2012 : 11:44:28      reply with quote

bloody hell give the girl a chance?

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

22/10/2012 : 12:29:15      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

i think the veg and butchers will work along side of each other,welcome to silsden good luck with your new venturehappy :)happy :)happy :)

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

22/10/2012 : 13:25:35      reply with quote

Well at least it isn't another fast food outlet!!

Where are you setting up? We will certainly give you a try

Happysnapper
Website Member

Website Member

22/10/2012 : 14:38:25      reply with quote

Good luck Lorna.
Photoman, I have a book here you may be interested in "Optimism for beginners"

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

22/10/2012 : 15:55:44      reply with quote

good luck
im guessing it is smithies old shop
i saw work going on inside earlier today

pgp001
Website Member

Website Member

22/10/2012 : 17:33:01      reply with quote

We have been buying our meat from Dawn for a few years now.
This is absolutely brilliant news for us, it will save us trailing down to Saltaire to fill the freezer every few weeks.

Give her a chance she will not be beaten on quality or price.

kvs
Website Member

Website Member

22/10/2012 : 19:38:36      reply with quote

Good Luck! Exciting times for you.

JemmaLB27
Website Member

Website Member

22/10/2012 : 21:30:39      reply with quote

OOOHHHH I am excited about this! I used to get freezer packs from Smithies and I have really missed them! I have asked to join your Facebook group to view the deals and I will be calling in!!!

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

23/10/2012 : 09:50:48      reply with quote

pgpoo1, what is wrong with the silsden butchers? you did not have to "trail" to saltaire to get your meat.

greengrass
Website Member

Website Member

23/10/2012 : 12:11:55      reply with quote

Has she gone bust already all these nice coments about her were is she maybe she can not be bothered to answersad :(sad :(sad :(sad :(

pgp001
Website Member

Website Member

23/10/2012 : 13:10:16      reply with quote

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

Quote "what is wrong with the silsden butchers?"

Nothing is "wrong" with the Silsden butchers, we miss Smithies since he packed up, and in fact I would never dream of buying my steaks from anywhere but the one on Bradley road. In my opinion we have never managed to find better ones anywhere else.
The same goes for the steak pies.

What Dawn offers is different though, she will be selling things like chicken parcels, and lamb rolls etc, also her packs of meat are at very competitive prices, ie pork steaks, minted lamb, and all sorts of other different ones.

Quote "Has she gone bust already all these nice coments about her were is she maybe she can not be bothered to answer"

She is probably far too busy getting the shop ready, to spend time looking at all the twaddle on here.

I can only speak as a satisfied previous customer, we will be using the new shop, but will continue to give some business to the others just as we have been doing before. Surely it is good news for Silden that we dont have another empty shop.
At least give it a try before you criticise it.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

23/10/2012 : 14:48:13      reply with quote

posted by greengrass
Has she gone bust already all these nice coments about her were is she maybe she can not be bothered to answersad :(sad :(sad :(sad :(
GG Dawn is getting the shop ready and when I spoke to her was waiting for BT to connect the phone and internet - give her a break and wait to see what it's like when the shop opens. For those that can't remember there were 4 butchers in Silsden only a few years ago - then two, back to 3 can't be bad when the Co-op only sells expensive prepackaged meat. happy :)

partygirl
Website Member

Website Member

24/10/2012 : 14:46:31      reply with quote

I called in today to show my support! Although she hadn't got everything she does in the shop yet she did have lots of choice. I for one will be supporting the new venture and came away very happy with my purchases and can't wait to try them. An open shop is far better than an empty shop! I also have to point out how welcoming and helpful Dawn and her staff were. Good luck with the venture and I'll be using you again happy :) x

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

24/10/2012 : 19:14:31      reply with quote

Looked in the window on passing looks very good
very low priced packs
i think we will be trying it outhappy :)

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

25/10/2012 : 13:11:02      reply with quote

Was the 4th one the one at the top of shedside Peter?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

25/10/2012 : 14:21:04      reply with quote

In Briggate, where cafe cake is now.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

25/10/2012 : 16:23:36      reply with quote

nice display of fruit and veg outside (till some jobsworth complains) and looked like some good deals on meat will be trying shortlyhappy :)

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

25/10/2012 : 21:04:02      reply with quote

posted by Dodzi
Was the 4th one the one at the top of shedside Peter?
Yes, it was Smithies original shop before he took over at the bottom of Aire View

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

25/10/2012 : 21:05:57      reply with quote

posted by Peter
In Briggate, where cafe cake is now.
That was No 5, Bill Crabtree's then David Emmott followed by Sharpe & Beaumont then Danny's
solid wood flooring

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

26/10/2012 : 07:22:58      reply with quote

Your right - forgot about the briggate one - can't even remamber the one up shed side shutting. Think he did cooked meats as well....

coby1
Website Member

Website Member

26/10/2012 : 08:55:32      reply with quote

what about the pork shop and the one where the fish shop was in the main street and the co-op on the canal bridge

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

26/10/2012 : 09:39:19      reply with quote

posted by Dodzi
Your right - forgot about the briggate one - can't even remamber the one up shed side shutting. Think he did cooked meats as well....

It was the last house on Tufton Street(No73?) on the corner of shed side.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

26/10/2012 : 15:14:21      reply with quote

I had a look at the new butchers but must admit that I thought the meat did not look to be very good quality, has anyone bought some and actually eaten it yet? it would be interesting to know what its like.The chicken breasts looked very small and thin and a bit dried up to be honest.I think I would rather pay a bit more for better quality.There was noone in when I looked today about lunchtime but there were 3 people behind the counter and one of them did not look to have a very clean overall on, it had a lot of blood on it, very off putting

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

26/10/2012 : 16:53:12      reply with quote

Blood in a butcher's shop....bit strange that happy :)

photoman
Website Member

Website Member

26/10/2012 : 19:01:07      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I wholeheartedly agree with Gingo regarding cleanliness. We know there is blood in a butcher's shop Dexter but you don't want to look at it on a person serving you with a dirty overall. It all depends on what standards you expect and there is nothing wrong in expecting high standards.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

26/10/2012 : 19:31:22      reply with quote

I know photoman, I was just trying to defend a new business opening up, and having a go at bringing some competition in the town. Maybe they will get the feedback and sort this out.
The knockers have started, and it's not fair, give them a chance!

awilkin29@gmail.com
Website Member

Website Member

27/10/2012 : 10:16:08      reply with quote

Good luck from your neighbour Crystal Space up Aire View.

awilkin29@gmail.com
Website Member

Website Member

27/10/2012 : 10:22:57      reply with quote

Best of luck to you from Ally at Crystal Space - Aire View.

Cobydaler
Website Member

Website Member

27/10/2012 : 10:42:24      reply with quote

Quote " Yes, it was Smithies original shop before he took over at the bottom of Aire View "
Was originally Jacksons , Smithie started there as a young apprentice .Bottomleys pork pies MMmmmmmm . Carters also sold cooked meats .
Best of luck to Dawn in her new venture .

lenny
Website Member

Website Member

30/10/2012 : 08:39:53      reply with quote

Talking of butchers in Silsden.anyone remember Tillotsons on Elliott St. Owned by Sam and Joe Tillotson also The Wooden Hut Shop also on Elliott St. Owned by Ivy Fort who's daughter r Christne lives in Brisbane Australia. We are in contact with each other and she likes to hear about happenings in Silsden.

coby1
Website Member

Website Member

30/10/2012 : 10:48:31      reply with quote

I remember Tillotsons on Elliott St. Owned by Sam and Joe Tillotson they walked 3 cows from woodside road to the end of Elliot St every day for milking cow muck all the way down the old lane.Do you recall the army stores on airview

lenny
Website Member

Website Member

30/10/2012 : 20:09:07      reply with quote

Coby1.i do remember the Army stores on Aire View.almost opposite the Fish and Chip shop that was there.in my youth there was 4 chip shops in Silsden..the Bridge (still there I believe)Aire View the Corner(reninisons) on Briggate and the Hill near the Picture House.How many are there now.?

Replies in this thread : 33

Thread Closed

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > NEW BUTCHERS OPENING  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to