Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > NEW HEALTH CENTRE

Replies in this thread : 8

Author

Topic : NEW HEALTH CENTRE

photoman
Website Member

Website Member

23/10/2012 : 10:56:28      reply with quote

At last work is due to start on the new health centre in November.
See details at: www.silsdengrouppractice.co.uk/hours.aspx
click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

23/10/2012 : 11:52:39      reply with quote

We are pleased to let you know that work is due to start on your new Health Centre in November. It is being built on our existing site.

(Plans are on display in the waiting room)

Short term disruption Long term benefit

During the work, the Practice is being relocated to a temporary building, which will be placed in the current car park.

Please be considerate to other patients and local residents

Our car park will, at times, be closed and, during the building work we will have a lot less car parking spaces. Drs and staff will not be parking at the Surgery, so there will be more space for those who need it.

We would ask that you think before you park.

Can I walk to the Surgery?
Can I drop my passenger off?
Am I being considerate to others if I leave my car here?

October 2012

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

23/10/2012 : 12:44:48      reply with quote

I am sure everyone is going to complain before work has even commenced. But I thought I would add a couple of comments as I have been throught this previously.

I used to work in General Practice in a building similar to the one which Silsden health Centre is in now, it also had a district nurses, and childrens nhs dentistry based in the same building. Similar to Silsden we moved into tempoary accomodation (for about a year). Even the tempoary accomodation was a much improved environment from the old building we worked in and although it was inconvenient for the staff to effectively move buildings twice in a year the patients saw very little impaact on their care, they liked the tempoaray accomdoation and were thrilled with the buliding when it was finished.

I would imagine it will be the same in this case. And at the end of the day the building they are currently in is probably well over due for a rebuild.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

23/10/2012 : 16:13:02      reply with quote

Hope the new one lasts longer than the current one. I dont consider myself old but can remember it(and Staincliffe) being built.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

23/10/2012 : 19:12:16      reply with quote

Another step forward for Silsden, better facilities, hopefully better health for everyone. happy :)

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

23/10/2012 : 20:47:53      reply with quote

shame we won't be getting new doctors as well, not impressed with the ones I have seen

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

23/10/2012 : 22:51:45      reply with quote

Bit surprised ginjo....all the ones I have seen have been very good, and I'm still alive as well! happy :)

Bendy
Website Member

Website Member

28/10/2012 : 15:41:19      reply with quote

I took am more than happy with the doctors at the silsden surgery. maybe speak to them if you are not happy?!

photoman
Website Member

Website Member

30/10/2012 : 22:09:13      reply with quote

The portakabins go up in the car park during November/December. January sees the demolition of the old Health Centre followed by the building of the new Health centre which is estimated to take 18 months to build.
I know that patients are going to be inconvenienced but it will be worth it to have a state of the art Health centre in Silsden.

Replies in this thread : 8

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > NEW HEALTH CENTRE  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to