Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > christmas lights

Replies in this thread : 4

Author

Topic : christmas lights

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2012 : 17:50:11      reply with quote

well they are up againhappy :)a long hard day for all of uswink ;)thanks for the great comments this morning we all appreciate them. enjoy one and allhappy :)
click for more information

paperclip
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2012 : 18:14:08      reply with quote

And it's not just Silsdeners who want to thank you all for the Christmas lights/ decorations and hard work in putting it all up. Us foreigners from Steeton and even as far away as Eastburn and Addingham (aaaaaagh)who drive through most days and buy things, drink coffee and generally value all the shops and services offered in the town think it's going to look great as usual and probably even better this year. So thanks a lot from us all!

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2012 : 19:19:27      reply with quote

Once again we have been blessed by a great turnout of volunteers this year, and we would like to thank them for their sterling work on the day, despite having to work out the best way to erect the new strings we still managed to get most of the work completed by 15.30, with only the lights in the trees of the Memorial gardens are left to do on Sunday morning.
The group wish to express their gratitude to Banson Tool Hire for their continued support, each year they have supplied us with the cherry picker at a much reduced price and also arranged delivery and collection times which best fit with our requirements.
Also of note is the generous help given to the Town by Isherwoods Butchers, Kirkgate who this year has supplied the electricity required to illuminate the new string which runs from the Cafe, all the way down to the pet shop.
We would also like to thank the various shops and the church which supplied; free of charge refreshments to the team, and the Kings Arms for providing us with a welcome warming meal at the day’s end.
The members of the public who travel along Kirkgate and Briggate will notice this year we have again extended the display with new strings and we have replaced the aged snowman by the beck with a bright new Angel.

Bilbo1_uk
Website Member

Website Member

19/11/2012 : 11:13:05      reply with quote

We left Silsden on Sat morning as the lights were going up, which was exciting enough for my 4 year old but as we came back into Silsden at teatime he saw the lights and shouted 'yay it's Christmas!'. A very happy boy (and mummy!), thank you

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

19/11/2012 : 12:48:38      reply with quote

On Friday I was in the Town Hall preparing the features and lighting strings for the Saturday erection, I believe I left my toolbox out in the hallway after I went home for the evening, after searching for it on Saturday I found it on the window sill of the caretakers room, unfortunately minus 2 screwdrivers and a set of pin pliers if somebody moved them into a safe place? Please can they let me know where they are; so I can retrieve them?

Replies in this thread : 4

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > christmas lights  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to