Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to For Sale / Wanted | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > Someone who can fix things

Replies in this thread : 5

Author

Topic : Someone who can fix things

loubylou
Website Member

Website Member

10/12/2012 : 12:06:19      reply with quote

My grandchildren found an old fisher price record player in my loft and are desperate to play with it. You wind it up and switch it on then put the arm onto the record which plays in a music box type way. It tries to turn but it doesn't seem to have the power to go quick enough to play anything. Is there anyone out there who is good with things like this or can recommend anyone. I am happy to pay a small amount to get it fixed - I would have bought a new one but they don't make them anymore and they are going for a ridiculous price on ebay.
click for more information

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

11/12/2012 : 12:32:03      reply with quote

If you can get to the inside of it? try spaying some WD 40 on the clockwork mechanism it probably is either dry or dirty.

loubylou
Website Member

Website Member

11/12/2012 : 13:58:51      reply with quote

Thanks Grandad - I will give that a go tonight.

shlozzy
Website Member

Website Member

16/12/2012 : 09:49:52      reply with quote

I could look at it if the WD does not work.

loubylou
Website Member

Website Member

17/12/2012 : 15:20:55      reply with quote

That would be very kind - I did get it open after a big struggle and sprayed everywhere but it didnt go a lot faster. The little motor moves around but must not have enough ooomph to make the record go fast enough.

shlozzy
Website Member

Website Member

18/12/2012 : 18:53:03      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by loubylou
That would be very kind - I did get it open after a big struggle and sprayed everywhere but it didnt go a lot faster. The little motor moves around but must not have enough ooomph to make the record go fast enough.

email your phone number (better than leaving it on this site) and I'll ring you tonight to see when it is convenient.

Replies in this thread : 5

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > Someone who can fix things  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to