Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > POO POSTER FRIDAY

Replies in this thread : 4

Author

Topic : POO POSTER FRIDAY

babba100
Website Member

Website Member

18/01/2013 : 23:18:36      reply with quote

Due to the large amount of Dog Poo thats found on the streets of silsden, being trailed into homes and schools a group of Face-bookers (mostly mums from the 2 schools) have formed a group and on Friday 25th January we will be putting up posters drawn by our children (or adults it doesnt matter) ... the more people the more posters the more chance that irresponcible dog owners will think twice.

Posters can be placed in the home, on gates, lampposts, fences .. the message is clear... the more the better.

(posters to be laminated/protected and secured to prevent littering)

Obviously lets praise the many owners that do pick it up and bag it, however there is still just too much on our streets i am sure everyone agrees.

WE have complained to the council and contacted the local press.

Finally, this isnt a mass hate campaign but an attempt at positivity... as such here is a little poem to brighten the mood.

Dog poo we hate you,
On our paths, Under our shoe.
Out side schools, by our gate,
Oh dog poo, its you we hate!

So dog poo we say no!
Scooped up into the bag you go!
No more mess on our street,
No more germs on our childrens feet!

Responsible dog owners we say yes!
Well done for not leaving any mess,
I wish everyone else was just like you,
By cleaning up the stinky poo!razz :p

Thankyou for reading, more info on https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/198964083574627/ come join us !!!!
click for more information

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

19/01/2013 : 17:04:17      reply with quote

I am not against this movement, but I feel it is equally important to get people to dispose of the bags, when filled, appropriately. Too many bags are be

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

19/01/2013 : 17:08:32      reply with quote

I am not against this movement, but I feel it is equally important to get people to dispose of the bags, wheni filled, appropriately. Too many bags are being thrown into trees and hedges, stuffed into walls or thrown into other peoples gardens.

Anything placed into plastic bags, whether biodegradable or not, takes infinitely longer to decompose.

Could this be incorporated into the poster?

babba100
Website Member

Website Member

21/01/2013 : 09:05:16      reply with quote

I believe the Bradford Council responcible dog ownership scheme that travels through schools runs with the tag line "Bag It, Tie It, Bin It" which as you rightly point out refers to the issue of bag disposal.

As these posters are drawn by children aswell as adults then i am sure bins will be incorporated into many of the drawings/posters. i will make your point in the facebook site too so people remember to include the disposal aspect.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

21/01/2013 : 10:53:20      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by babba100

I believe the Bradford Council responcible dog ownership scheme that travels through schools runs with the tag line "Bag It, Tie It, Bin It" which as you rightly point out refers to the issue of bag disposal.

As these posters are drawn by children aswell as adults then i am sure bins will be incorporated into many of the drawings/posters. i will make your point in the facebook site too so people remember to include the disposal aspect.

Yes this was a good idea, but the same councillors who claimed all the credit for setting it up have now voted to reduce the number of dog wardens!

Replies in this thread : 4

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > POO POSTER FRIDAY  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to