Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to For Sale / Wanted | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > Any jobs for a 15 Year old?

Replies in this thread : 6

Author

Topic : Any jobs for a 15 Year old?

xXizaakiXx
Website Member

Website Member

19/02/2013 : 00:31:26      reply with quote

I've asked in nearly every shop and pub in Silsden about getting a job, and I have just been shunned away. Does anybody have any suggestions, I'd be very grateful!
click for more information

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

19/02/2013 : 17:27:31      reply with quote

Anyone working with people under the age of 18 now have to have a certificate to prove they are not a ___________; add your undesirable. This is actually a check of their criminal record - or not. It costs around 60. So, what small firm is going to go through that hassle? It also applies to volunteers working with under 18s so this restricts volunteering to those with a CRB check, or willing to part with 60 for the privilege of volunteering!! Of course if the CRB check is likely to throw up some minor misdemeanour's in your distance past then again don't bother. Misguided juvenile vandal or mass murderer on licence both now have a negative CRB report.

So my advice is work out how you might employ yourself. Tough I know, but that is what Sun readers wanted.

Looloo
Website Member

Website Member

19/02/2013 : 19:47:00      reply with quote

have you tried Silsden boats? the season is due to start and i think they some time take on young people. good luck

mayflower
Website Member

Website Member

19/02/2013 : 20:38:03      reply with quote

Please be positive for this young lad, he's obviously sincere. Good idea Looloo happy :)How about trying the Golf Club, they have had young people waiting on at functions etc, Good Luck Izaak happy :)

kvs
Website Member

Website Member

19/02/2013 : 20:51:11      reply with quote

Good luck - I'll keep my eyes open

Beard
Website Member

Website Member

20/02/2013 : 06:58:08      reply with quote

Hello xXizaakiXx

Just seen your ad and may be able to help out. Im a landscape gardener and have a few jobs coming up in the Leeds area. Id warn your son that it is heavy work but if interested take a look at the website - www.greggsgardens.co.uk There are contact details on their. Thanks.

xXizaakiXx
Website Member

Website Member

20/02/2013 : 16:32:39      reply with quote

Thanks for the replies! I'll check out the boatyard sometime soon. I e-mailed about the gardening thing via the website, just waiting for a reply. Once again, thank you for the replies! At least some people still care... laugh :D

Replies in this thread : 6

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > Any jobs for a 15 Year old?  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to