Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to For Sale / Wanted | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > Wanted Dressmaker Pins or just pins in general!!!

Replies in this thread : 11

Author

Topic : Wanted Dressmaker Pins or just pins in general!!!

babba100
Website Member

Website Member

25/02/2013 : 00:41:19      reply with quote

I am in an urgent need for some Pins .... i need about 100 or so ... does anyone sell them locally ?

Sounds silly, but i have to work all day and wont get time to travel far ... just thought someone might know !!!
click for more information

Golden Oldie
Website Member

Website Member

25/02/2013 : 07:08:43      reply with quote

Don't know if this will help, but you could try:- Keighley Market, the haberdashery stall, or Duttons for buttons in Ilkley. I maybe wrong, but can't think of anywhere in Silsden that would stock them. Possibly Supermarkets own sewing stands.

babba100
Website Member

Website Member

25/02/2013 : 07:56:18      reply with quote

Thanks, my fault for leaving it last minute ...!!! arrrghhh !!!!!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

25/02/2013 : 08:17:57      reply with quote

www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=sewing+pins&_sacat=0&_from=R40

babba100
Website Member

Website Member

26/02/2013 : 16:12:33      reply with quote

Thanks for suggestions, i needed them same day ... i found a knitting/wool shop in crosshills near barclays bank (by the bad junction) ... fab shop sells all types of knitting and sewing ... i actually had a choice of pins whoooo hooooo ! fab shop, anyone into knitting should go there !happy :)

Golden Oldie
Website Member

Website Member

26/02/2013 : 17:52:50      reply with quote

Pleased you got sorted, anf thanks for the info' on Crosshills shop, will remember that. It does look nice from outside.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

26/02/2013 : 18:19:39      reply with quote

thought there was a knitting shop at the back of the pet shop in silsden or has it shut down??????

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

26/02/2013 : 19:46:17      reply with quote

The lady wanted pins not knitting needles, come on doggy keep up happy :)laugh :D

Last time I looked Peter was still there doing a sterling job making scarves and other small woven things. He sells King Cole wool.

babba100
Website Member

Website Member

26/02/2013 : 20:55:17      reply with quote

I think there was/is a little shop up new road .. i dont know!

Yes the shop in Crosshills is excellent, it has "knitting and chat" meetings a couple of times a week .. the lady was very friendly and i sorta wished i knew how to knit ! its on my Agenda !! I got needle envy!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

26/02/2013 : 21:28:02      reply with quote

Go and have a chat with Peter ( the little shop behind the Dogsbody ) he gives weaving courses.

Golden Oldie
Website Member

Website Member

26/02/2013 : 22:03:18      reply with quote

There's a knit and natter group at the Parish Church, a saturday afternoon, think it's the 1st of the month but not sure. If you were interested there will be someone there only too pleased to help you. They also do other craft projects.

babba100
Website Member

Website Member

27/02/2013 : 08:17:45      reply with quote

I think i will definately contact your suggestions and see if someone would be happy to pass on some knowledge to me ! thanks four your suggestions happy :)

Replies in this thread : 11

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > Wanted Dressmaker Pins or just pins in general!!!  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to