Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Household waste paymit

Replies in this thread : 49
Page : 1 2
<< next page next page >>

Author

Topic : Household waste paymit

thanet
Website Member

Website Member

19/03/2013 : 13:18:42      reply with quote

Just received new council tax bill along with a form that needs to be filled in.
The form we give you a permit so you can use a household waste recycling centre. You have to state which centre you want to use and this permit will be valid for a registered household only.
So you cant just turn up at the tip any more by the sounds of this.
When you first go you take this form with your driving licence and council tax bill.
click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

19/03/2013 : 13:30:57      reply with quote

The reason for doing this is explained in the Community Pride paper, which was delivered this morning. It seems we have been paying to get rid of rubbish from our neighbours from the "dark side" (across the borders). happy :)

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

19/03/2013 : 16:28:43      reply with quote

I haven't read the community pride magazine yet. Our friendly BMDC have insisted on p[asses for trailers for the last few years. If you go to the Crossroads site, you can take pretty much anything within reason. The guys up there will, without asking actually help unload the stuff, unlike the Keighley bunch who will either hide or give you grief.

Another reason to switch to North Yorkshire?

Cobydaler
Website Member

Website Member

19/03/2013 : 19:28:03      reply with quote

Several issues spring to mind from this latest piece of Met Think .
1/
Stand by for fly tipping on a grand scale . When these centers first opened the idea was to make it easier for people to get rid of their waste legally & stop fly tipping . Not now .
2/
How much is this stupid , ill thought out piece of bureaucracy costing us ? . For a start the cost of the paper & the printing of the forms , then the time spent registering every body on their first visit ( cue the opportunity for another jobs worth if ever there was one ).
3/
The title Recycling Center implies that items taken there are reused , for a recycling program to work, having a large, stable supply of recyclable material is crucial . This can then be sold to various companies . This is not waste but a valuable commodity . In Germany for instance you are PAID when you recycle ( metal cans , plastic bottles ETC ) Not made harder with a large dose of inconvenience .
4/
If Brad Met are looking to save money why not start with large number of council workers who park at the end of Royd Ings from 3pm onwards skiving till their shift finishes . Just park in Edmundsons car park from 3pm to 3.30 & count the number of pick up vans & sweepers sat there while the crews stand around chatting & reading .Then ask yourself how much is is all costing you in money and removal of local services .!!!!!

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

19/03/2013 : 20:31:54      reply with quote

This permit scheme limits you to one centre. Often on a Sunday there has been a big queue so I have continued onto Bingley or Sugden End. Few people will nominate out of the way Sugden End so it will give an excuse to shut it down but it will increase waiting times at Royd Ings.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

20/03/2013 : 09:19:41      reply with quote

Spot on Gazzer! Depending on where I have been working in recent years, I have used various sites for household waste. Are they.now going to limit me to one? Not likely!

BMDC are getting paid for the stock that can be recycled. Who cares if someone from Colne or Burnley arrives at the site, unless it is asbestos or some other toxic materials? The figures may not be that high, but it isn't an expense to them. A management issue?

The other main problem with Keighley, is that it closes at 1200 on Saturday, closing at 1600 on Sunday. The times do not work. Add the militant staff to the equation and you have a real problem!

Ockin Peron
Website Member

Website Member

20/03/2013 : 19:51:26      reply with quote

Once you've got the permit you'll then be able to use any Bradford tip - not just the one where your permit is issued

www.bradford.gov.uk/bmdc/the_environment/recycling_and_waste/recycling/residents_permits_household_waste_recycling_centres

Baldybogey
Website Member

Website Member

20/03/2013 : 20:55:09      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I don't understand why I need to apply. The permit is for my address, so why not just add the permit to the envelope they sent out rather than an application form?

owenskolik
Website Member

Website Member

20/03/2013 : 21:15:57      reply with quote

why use bradford waste site?we use silsden mini skips site/yard when we are digging out for driveways they are defo the best in silsden!why would you want to use any where else when you have got in silsden your mini skip man and your scrap man!

Baldybogey
Website Member

Website Member

20/03/2013 : 22:06:01      reply with quote

Because I have household waste not trade, so I am able to use the household waste site espacially as I have already paid for it in my taxes...

owenskolik
Website Member

Website Member

20/03/2013 : 22:25:07      reply with quote

good luck wait till next year wen new laws come out. ull be taxed on your waste more than you think plus your waste permit will be going up in price and your waste and domestic will hit the roof ull wish you back your local scrap and skip company!land fill tax went up last year and next year will double!

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

21/03/2013 : 06:55:28      reply with quote

The whole idea of these sites is that everything is recycled, so that it isn't going into landfill. The permits are free (to households), but will cost the council thousands to facilitate every year.

The autoclave system, run by Thomas Crompton, Bradford, should be far more widely used than it is, meaning nothing at all goes into landfill.

Car tyres are collected by a contractor , with a charge to the council. Plastics, paper, metals, wood are all sold to recycling companies. I don't know about the white goods. Garden waste is composted, oils, I believe, are refined. I don't know what happens to the white goods and asbestos. That only leaves the weekly household refuse. collections.

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

21/03/2013 : 07:44:34      reply with quote

I see the local scrap man needs to post in disguise again. If you haven't understood the permits are free. Its to stop people in other council areas using our facilities without pay your rates. We use the waste centres as its domestic waste and free. That's free, no cost.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

21/03/2013 : 09:52:46      reply with quote

I thought this must be an april fools joke, its the most ridiculous ill thought out thing I have ever heard.So what if some people from north yorkshire use a tip in say keighley,I am sure that maybe some people form keighley/silsden etc might go to a tip in skipton.It is already chaos at the royds tip quite often long queues while they are moving stuff about and not letting people in, they also close at lunch time and close early on a saturday and sunday.Can you imagine the long queues when everyone turns up to get their permit,knowing how slow they are , they have not given enough notice if this is effective form 1st april.Apparantley the tory and lib dem concillors knew nothing about the scheme until they got their council tax bills!I hope there is a big stink about it, if the council are adamant that we need a permit, why the hell did they not just send a permit with the bill, they know that we are all council tax payers from bradford and what is the point of putting your reg no on the form, you might have more than one car, will you have to notify them if you change your vehicle? pathetic!!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

21/03/2013 : 10:13:10      reply with quote

posted by Ockin Peron
Once you've got the permit you'll then be able to use any Bradford tip - not just the one where your permit is issued

www.bradford.gov.uk/bmdc/the_environment/recycling_and_waste/recycling/residents_permits_household_waste_recycling_centres
It's all explained on the website including the fact that the permit can be used with different vehicles IF they are registered to the same address.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

21/03/2013 : 10:22:39      reply with quote

thanks peter I have read it all now, still think its a joke, a lot of people will just not bother and fly tipping will increase.The council are so stupid, why not just send a permit to every address with the council tax bill? Royds is a pain in the neck most times I have been they are either holding people back because they are shifting skips and there is a massive queue, some of the staff that work there are not very helpful either,what will they do if 100 people turn up at the same time wanting a permit?
I have actually written to councillor thornton I am so annoyed.By the way its front page news on T&A so a lot of unhappy people

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

21/03/2013 : 10:34:00      reply with quote

So the DVLA are selling or giving confidential information to muppets at council depots? If I borrow a friends vehicle, I cannot then go into the recycling centre? I really have heard it all!

I've followed Peter's link, looked at the Community Pride paper and looked at the application form. It doesn't ask for registration marks, waste carriers licenses etc. It does however ask for a driver number, which begs the question of a, how are they going to verify the number and b, the position of the person verifying them.

As I said in an earlier post, the council have an income from waste brought into the recycling centres. This scheme, spreads out over the area, will cost them in both time and finance to implement. It also begs the question of how they can implement something of this nature so quickly.

I know from previous experience that plans are in place to move the Royd Ings site from its current location. The Sugden End site has been earmarked for closure, which caused protests from local residents.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

21/03/2013 : 15:45:31      reply with quote

chuffing nora shocked 8Oyou lot would moan if the council was giving you money if you had to queuelaugh :Dlaugh :Dginjo they keep the public out when moving full skips as most are gormless and would try to put stuff in whilst the opperator was swopping the skips over,not everybody has a fully functioning brainlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

21/03/2013 : 16:48:53      reply with quote

I would very much like to know two things:

1: How the figure of 160,000 for disposing of foreign waste was derived, quoted by Mr Thornton.

2: The system used to monitor each site in the area. In the last 10 years, I can only think of 2 occasions when I have been asked where I am from. On both occasions, I was at Royd Ings. As I said earlier, the staff at Keighley, will usually either go and hide or come and have a look at.what you are disposing of.

I must agree with Skippy's comment on people getting in the way when the skips are being changed. People tend to be blinkered with whatever they are doing. Similar to the accidents on Bolton Road. People don't mentally take note of what's going on around them, they are only interested in themselves, their aims and objectives.

FIELD
Website Member

Website Member

23/03/2013 : 17:02:16      reply with quote

I know it might be seen as going off thread, but i see Craven council are scrapping plans to charge for collecting garden waste.

I have emailed councillor Thornton, requesting information on how the registration plans. It will be interesting to see if I get a reply.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

23/03/2013 : 18:01:33      reply with quote

HECK the town mayor is calling his loyal servants,moanerssad :(,gormlesssad :( and not having a fully functioning brain sad :(,its a good job they dont vote him on????????laugh :Dlaugh :Dwink ;)wink ;)wink ;)
solid wood flooring

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

23/03/2013 : 20:21:45      reply with quote

nope dictatorship is the only way forwardhappy :)

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

24/03/2013 : 11:57:12      reply with quote

WE are not the loyal servants of the Town Mayor, he serves the parishioners, he and the other Councillors do so to help Silsden, they are not paid, and often are out of pocket when doing so!
Skippy with regard to the suggestion we bring our recyclable waste to your yard, is this something you would want?

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

24/03/2013 : 13:39:11      reply with quote

Using Skippy's yard might be a better option. Access would need to be improved, but it would keep money in Silsden. There is probably a load of red tape stopping him from developing it, even though it would provide employment.

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

24/03/2013 : 19:54:34      reply with quote

i was joking grandad (skippy is a mate of mine)
i know all the councillors do it for the love of the town and to try and make a difference

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

24/03/2013 : 20:18:31      reply with quote

You are going off topic, perhaps you should look at this
www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/10302603.Bradford_Council_waste_permit_plan_for_residents_dubbed__madness_/

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

02/04/2013 : 09:48:45      reply with quote

has anyone been to royds yet to get their permit and if so were there any problems?

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

02/04/2013 : 09:54:44      reply with quote

I've not got been down to get the permit yet. I haven't heard anything from Thornton either.

Listener
Website Member

Website Member

02/04/2013 : 13:12:10      reply with quote

Getting the permit is simple, i arrived at Royd Ings as it struck 12.00 and left at 12.02.
They check the form you filled in against the rates form and your licence, then give you a disc, for which you will need a holder, to put in your car window.

They said it starts in June and you can use any disposal point in our area.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

02/04/2013 : 13:19:17      reply with quote

I thought everyone needed a permit from 1st april? so presume you can use the tip without one till june then? no long queues waiting for permits ? I thought there would be chaos while cars stacked up waiting for the permit to be issued

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

03/04/2013 : 07:13:40      reply with quote

Got my permit yesterday, 2 minute job, they were all geared up to sort it out quickly.

pgp001
Website Member

Website Member

03/04/2013 : 07:58:42      reply with quote

Do the permits expire after 1 year ?
Or are they permanent.

Thanks

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

03/04/2013 : 10:55:26      reply with quote

No date on mine, so must be permanent

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

08/04/2013 : 11:24:02      reply with quote

It is more than apparent that the permit scheme has not been thought out.

After reading some of the comments on the link below, it appears that a trial for collecting plastic has been in operation in parts of Bradford. I know Gloucester Avenue has Airevalley Recycling come round collecting plastics, but it is limited.

www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/10338466.Bradford_Council__sorry__for_waste_licence_error/?action=success

It raises yet more questions and comments, especially if you read the comments linked with this article.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

16/07/2013 : 08:04:18      reply with quote

Bradford Council..dont you just love their logic.

Here is what is says on their website

"In order to manage the cost of operating the facilities and the cost of waste disposal, the Council is putting measures in place to ensure that they are only used by the residents of Bradford district who fund them. Therefore residents permits will now be issued to people who pay their Council Tax to Bradford Council."

But now they have to employ a member of staff at every waste station to check for permits.

Cost effective???????????

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

16/07/2013 : 10:21:49      reply with quote

last time we went to the tip at royds(keighley) we drove straight in there were two staff members walking about but no one asked to see our permit, we just dropped our stuff and drove out! what a farce, unless maybe they have number plate recognition and someone in the office checks all the plates when people drive in! our permit was in the glove box because there is no where to display it

Replies in this thread : 49
Page : 1 2
<< next page next page >>

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Household waste paymit  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to