Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > TOWN HALL TODAY - WED 27 March 2013

Replies in this thread : 3

Author

Topic : TOWN HALL TODAY - WED 27 March 2013

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

27/03/2013 : 09:37:06      reply with quote

The plans for the refurbishment of the town hall will be on display in the town hall and library between 3pm and 7pm on Wednesday, March 27

Bradford will be selling Silsden's assets to pay for this so make sure you agree with what they are doing. shocked 8Oshocked 8O

click for more information

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

27/03/2013 : 13:16:34      reply with quote

please all come down today and see what bfd propose, some town councillors will be there to show you exactly what is to happen, also i understand that a representative of the majjorettes will be there to air their views as the main user of OUR town hall.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

27/03/2013 : 17:44:30      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I have been down and its 45 minutes of my life that I wont get back. I came away when Counc Mallinson said its a done deal and its going ahead.
Other points from Counc Mallinson

Todays consultation should have been the starting point.

In answer to the question what does Silsden get from Bradford Council, 3 times he said 300,000 is coming our way. I pointed out this was the sale of assets already in Silsden he still tried to convince me that this was 300,000 coming from Bradford.

I was once at a meeting at the Town Hall where he was banging on about all the new housing that will be built. So I asked him about where the Council will build a new car park so all these new residents will park when they pop into town when they sell of the car park. He asked "what car park?". Wesley Place where the recycle bins are was the reply to him. He answered "well, its not really a car park is it?".. Well if it looks like a car park,smells like a car park and has a sign saying maximum stay 2 hours, I reckon its a car park.

I asked if volunteers had been sought to run the library(as some others have) at its current site and he said no.

A lot of other stuff that I cant remember, if its recorded ok I'll do a transcript(acoustics not good in Town Hall).

One other thing. Council contracts have to go out to tender and he said none have yet.To start in the near future they will have had to be out by now. Strange why the plans name the contractors who will build and construct the fire escape!!!(Aaran Sheet Metal, Bradford)

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

27/03/2013 : 20:22:20      reply with quote

This event has now finished. This is not a discussion area of the forum and any more comment here will be deleted.

If you wish to comment on the town hall refurbishment you should do so here
silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=4743&recordnum=70

Replies in this thread : 3

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > TOWN HALL TODAY - WED 27 March 2013  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to