Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > new housing behind Middleway and Craven Court at the top of Daisy Hill

Replies in this thread : 43
Page : 1 2
<< next page next page >>

Author

Topic : new housing behind Middleway and Craven Court at the top of Daisy Hill

kvs
Website Member

Website Member

13/05/2013 : 22:11:27      reply with quote

I got a letter thought my door today announcing that Snells are wanting to apply for planning permission to build houses in the fields behind craven court and middleway.. They are seeking views before a planning application it submitted. It is currently envisaged that a range of 2,3 and 4 bedroom homes will be developed. The exhibition event is designed to provide the local community with the opportunity to review and comment on draft proposals. Also an opportunity to meet with the team.
Exhibition at the Methodist 22nd may 4 pm - 7pm details also online www.communityconsulting.co.uk from the 22nd may
Further info call Julie 07799644946 or Lilian 07557278070
click for more information

kvs
Website Member

Website Member

13/05/2013 : 22:13:10      reply with quote

I just wonder where all the traffic will go. Dale view and Howden road entrance/exit are at full capacity.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

13/05/2013 : 22:54:55      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Now, ask yourself who owned that piece of land and where has the money gone?

www.communityconsulting.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2013/05/Invite-Silsden-Final.pdf

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

14/05/2013 : 10:33:06      reply with quote

I would guess this land was owned by Silsden Urban District Council and was set aside for future development of a school. Under local government re-organisation Bradford Council will have become the owners and are well known as asset strippers.

Imagine if their plans for lots of new houses in Silsden go ahead, the council will have to buy some land to build a school. Bradford Council...always planning ahead!!!!!!

Looking at the planning application though it is infill and its a local builder who employs local tradesmen. The worry is the junctions of Daisy Hill/Howden Rd and Howden Rd/Kirkgate dont really need more traffic.

kvs
Website Member

Website Member

14/05/2013 : 10:48:40      reply with quote

I totally agree. I live right next to the field and as much as i like the green space I do understand that houses could be built there. I just worry about the extra traffic. Daisy Hill exit is a death trap and the queues at howden road exit onto Kirkgate are already long enough!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

14/05/2013 : 11:36:52      reply with quote

The land/plot on the park side was BMDC, but I'm not sure about the rest of the plot.

The field outside of the plot, to the east, (often referred to as the dog walking field, it was also used for a number of years as a rugby pitch) belongs to BMDC. For years this land has been allocated for a junior school. Bradford tried to reallocate it for building about a year ago but it was stopped (by Councillor Naylor I think). A lack of forward planning and asset stripping by Bradford - houses mean children and children need educating.

There was supposed to be some traffic management (parking restrictions) put in at the end of Dale View / Bolton Road when the planning went through for the houses being currently build at the end of Banklands Lane, but I haven't seen any progress on that. We still take our lives in our hands as we enter and exit Dale View because of inconsiderate parking. sad :(

localman
Website Member

Website Member

14/05/2013 : 13:25:09      reply with quote

you seem to be behind the times here both snells and croft building are already building houses on land up there some are nearly finished?

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

14/05/2013 : 14:09:49      reply with quote

Looking at the plan photo, it seems logical that more houses should go where planned. The issue of traffic should be solvable with some careful thought.
In addition it is a local builder providing local jobs, just what is needed in the construction industry. We are trying to get out of a recession, and this sort of plan is good. I hope Snells succeed in going ahead, they are consulting properly as you would expect.
It doesn't matter who owned the land....we should be happy that a local firm is moving with the times and providing badly needed houses to suit local needs.
Schools are already planning to expand, we are getting a new health centre, let Silsden grow and be more prosperous! Can you blame people for wanting to live here?
And......I have no connection with Snells happy :)

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

14/05/2013 : 14:12:52      reply with quote

posted by localman
you seem to be behind the times here both snells and croft building are already building houses on land up there some are nearly finished?

Wrong plot localman (14 houses)approved last Dec
www.planning4bradford.com/online-applications/files/3F0DB6D0A3FC6D14914FB80AAE168F65/pdf/12_04547_VOC-LOCATION_PLAN-3633516.pdf

There was a bribery clause on the planning permission of these house which is due to be paid to Bradford on completion of these houses, the money to be spent in the Craven Ward:
www.planning4bradford.com/online-applications/files/936B8D6D9F77DEA4958B1E4B3FE5D28E/pdf/12_02408_FUL-S106_AGREEMENT-3614234.pdf (this document is large so be patient). Keep this in mind for the future before it disappears into Bradford's coffers.

hat
Website Member

Website Member

14/05/2013 : 19:24:24      reply with quote

posted by kvs
I got a letter thought my door today announcing that Snells are wanting to apply for planning permission to build houses in the fields behind craven court and middleway.. They are seeking views before a planning application it submitted. It is currently envisaged that a range of 2,3 and 4 bedroom homes will be developed. The exhibition event is designed to provide the local community with the opportunity to review and comment on draft proposals. Also an opportunity to meet with the team.
Exhibition at the Methodist 22nd may 4 pm - 7pm details also online www.communityconsulting.co.uk from the 22nd may
Further info call Julie 07799644946 or Lilian 07557278070
whereabouts do you live? i'm interested to know how many people have been notified of this exhibition

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

14/05/2013 : 21:12:00      reply with quote

well when folk in silsden keep breeding the houses we will be needing,and they will have to go somewhere and where ever they go there will be lots of complaints and moaningwink ;)wink ;)

kvs
Website Member

Website Member

15/05/2013 : 08:10:00      reply with quote

I live on craven court at the top of daisy hill on the left.

hat
Website Member

Website Member

15/05/2013 : 08:39:55      reply with quote

i'm on aireville crescent & we haven't heard so i'm guessing they've only contacted the people directly backing onto the plot. think I might print some out & do some leafleting

Alan Grop
Website Member

Website Member

15/05/2013 : 17:02:45      reply with quote

Traffic lights at the main road end of clog bridge/Elliot street Junction are inevitable.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

15/05/2013 : 18:40:44      reply with quote

If that happens then all the fields up Woodside road will be opened up for housing!

mayflower
Website Member

Website Member

15/05/2013 : 19:19:48      reply with quote

I live on the opposite side of Middleway and we had leaflets too.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

15/05/2013 : 20:30:04      reply with quote

Alan Grop....spot on about the lights. Needs doing, common sense, but the powers that be will not do it....because it makes sense! happy :)
And parking in Kirkgate outside the shops should be banned to improve traffic flow through the town...but again it will not happen. This parking slows more traffic than any lights would, and is dangerous.
Some new thinking is needed, and Silsden could happily expand to allow more people to live in this great place.
Oh dear....now I'm in trouble....must not suggest letting any more people in to the town! happy :)

alison
Website Member

Website Member

15/05/2013 : 22:09:03      reply with quote

We're on Aireville Drive and we got the leaflet too.

Bee2771
Website Member

Website Member

16/05/2013 : 06:49:24      reply with quote

I very much doubt that planning would be refused, this will be a political paper exercise before the application is submitted. The only thing that matters is that both Snell's and Bradford council make a few quid, neither give people of this town a second thought as proven with all the houses that have popped up over the last few years.

robin
Website Member

Website Member

16/05/2013 : 10:00:36      reply with quote

I agree permission is unlikely to be refused, can anyone remember in the mid 80's a pressure group was formed with the sole ambition of preserving the view (and the resale value) from the sitting room of a house on the canal side. At the public meeting we were told by an official that if the local council turned down the application it would "go to London" and be approved. Knock Bradford all you like, but Philip Snell builds good quality housing, he's a local lad who will not hide away if anything goes wrong.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

16/05/2013 : 15:47:23      reply with quote

bee2271 i dont think you can possibly know the snell family judging by your comment, they are a good local company who DO support silsden where ever they can, who do you think dug out for the bandstand? yep snells,if and when they apply for houses you will be allowed to have your say . please dont tar everybody with the same brush as bfd councilsad :(
solid wood flooring

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

16/05/2013 : 19:12:45      reply with quote

well said skippy...good local people providing work and support to Silsden, we need more people like the Snells in our community.

Bee2771
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2013 : 06:19:04      reply with quote

OK maybe a bit harsh singling the builders out so please get off your horse....and yes I do know them, Yes they may be a part of the community and contributed but does that make it right for every bit of free land to be built on.
The point I am trying to raise is when is the building going to stop, a few weeks ago you were all saying that the junction at the bottom of Howden road is dangerous and our town is getting too big for the roads we have....but now your all saying that because one particular builder wants to build 40-50 homes its Ok and because they are local,

hat
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2013 : 08:38:29      reply with quote

silsden needs to show it is open to the right kind of development rather than raising the drawbridge, however I would like to see developers providing evidence of need before sacrificing open spaces to housing. Look around town & there are houses that have been up for sale for 12 months or more that aren't selling - new and old. Plus there are plenty of brown sites that could be scheduled for development ahead of green sites.

This looks to me like someone with local knowledge cherry picking the easiest sites

localman
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2013 : 09:13:00      reply with quote

building on free land, open spaces get real silsden is surrounded by open fields you only have to walk a few hundred yards more or less from any where in silsden to be in the countryside any way the labour party let all these immigrants in when they were in power and now lo and behold they say it was a mistake? but back to the housing situation I will use the word people, people no longer want to live in places like bradford and areas of keighley so they want to move to nice places like silsden so we need more houses simple maths really the more that come in the more houses we need and more people will then want to move out to nice places like silsden SO GET USED TO IT pc brigade because you lot caused it all.

littlelise
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2013 : 09:25:02      reply with quote

ok so let's put things into perspective here. The council..... We are always going to have our opinions about, but the bottom line is the land is there & will be built on at some point!! So would we not rather have a decent LOCAL builder making a good job of the site, employing LOCAL tradesmen/craftsmen & bringing more business to the village for all ?
The countrys roads are getting busier never mind the junction at Daisy Hill/Howden Road, the reason my friends OVER POPULATION & think its the Government you need to be having a word with about that one!!

kvs
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2013 : 13:57:41      reply with quote

www.bradford.gov.uk/bmdc/the_environment/land_and_premises/properties/how_we_sell_land_and_property

I wonder why BMDC haven't followed protocol for selling their land this time? Or are they? Will signs be going up telling us the field is for sale so we can all have a shot at ?

Chris Atkinson..... Why can't silsden buy it back in that case and use it for our purposes . I remember there was talk about that a few years ago...

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2013 : 18:16:08      reply with quote

kvs who or what do you mean when you say cant silsden buy it back? unfortunatly the land is already sold ,even we the town council were not told of the sale by bfd even though we have an agreement to have a chance to buy any assets here in silsdenangry it would appear that bfd only want us to know anything when they have sold out.i wonder if the money they have got for this land will go to making the town hall dda compliant or go towards doing up those manky old buildings in bradford upangry

kvs
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2013 : 21:20:50      reply with quote

What a shame that Silsden didn't have a chance. I know you will have tried your best too .

kvs
Website Member

Website Member

18/05/2013 : 22:07:38      reply with quote

Why was the purchase of this land not mentioned before when it meant so much to the council that they should be given first refusal on it?? or was it?
Something is not ringing true......
I could have had an interest in the field owned by BMDC. Anyone in Silsden could have.... So when the correct process for buying and selling land within the BMBC isn't taken, is there no come back?

Adamski
Website Member

Website Member

19/05/2013 : 20:10:34      reply with quote

This land should still belong to the Waterhouse family who had it COMPULSARY PURCHASED over 40 years ago by Silsden Council. If anyone has a right to buy this land back it is them.

hat
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2013 : 19:27:52      reply with quote

been down to the exhibition & I have to say the plans look very good. it's all available to view online now
www.communityconsulting.co.uk/downloads/middleway-meadows-silsden-2/

micky
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2013 : 21:29:20      reply with quote

WOW 4 bed houses 350000.

original
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2013 : 21:38:51      reply with quote

What is the ratio of off street parking for the houses without garages?? two per property hopefully !!!or else it will soon look a shanty town.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

23/05/2013 : 10:30:27      reply with quote

350,000 for a house in Silsden is all very well, but they are not starter homes. As I have said countless times before - We do not need them! Banks are not lending, there is very little work available (at present). What we do need, is starter homes, that are affordable for those getting a toehold on the housing market!

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

23/05/2013 : 11:13:46      reply with quote

quote]

Replies in this thread : 43
Page : 1 2
<< next page next page >>

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > new housing behind Middleway and Craven Court at the top of Daisy Hill  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to