Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > saag tabletop sales

Replies in this thread : 29

Author

Topic : saag tabletop sales

glorious
Website Member

Website Member

21/07/2013 : 21:08:03      reply with quote

thanks for info on tabletop sales not very forthcoming but better than nothing It will take a lot of these to raise sum quoted and how long.
how about a door to door collection,no offence taken if refused at door 1 from every door on each estate would raise a considerable sum,cost of
repairs shared more equal,work done quicker ,and everyone less shaken it
was just an idea All in favour say aye and contact SAAG
click for more information

Smiffykat
Website Member

Website Member

22/07/2013 : 09:40:30      reply with quote

Hi
we average 50 per sale.Than you for your donations. We need more items please leave at 12 or 14 Spencer ave.
thank you

glorious
Website Member

Website Member

05/08/2013 : 20:18:16      reply with quote

Hi to you too,but info given not really enlightening.How much money do we need
overall not just for 1st pothole.Imagine a thermometer (as some charities do)let
the people see it rise with each amount of money dropped in the pot.Excitement and
interest will grow as it gets nearer the target.give the local community something
to aim at.I,m not local but am amazed at variety of items on stalls,even bought one or two items,but would like to know how much has been raised so far,as I am sure others would be.

Smiffykat
Website Member

Website Member

06/08/2013 : 09:41:05      reply with quote

please look at Forum 'wouldn't it be a good idea' Spencer ave discussion and links to previous campaigns.If you can help in any way - please ring 01535 652319.

glorious
Website Member

Website Member

14/08/2013 : 18:48:16      reply with quote

Once again you have evaded the question of what is the total sum raised so far at these table top sales,why the secrecy.surely it is of interest to all who have contributed.O.K.so you have enough to cover the cost of one pothole,how much left towards the next,come on give us a clue.SAAG Spencer Ave.Action Group,how many are there in the group,I have only seen a white haired old lady half way up Spencer Ave.also with two others at the side of the co-op or is it as so often happens they are the only ones doing the work.Well i,ve had my say won,t bother you again Good Luck girls,signing off Glorious

Smiffykat
Website Member

Website Member

16/08/2013 : 10:57:17      reply with quote

SAAG has no intention of being evasive. There are 34 members ,some do the table top sales, others apply for grants , design flyers ,plan to run coffee mornings , dances and give donations if unable to physically help.
We have 2,051 in the bank . The first patch to be repaired will cost 1,440 inc vat. This pothole is the one in the middle of the road just after the small cul de sac on Spencer Ave.
At our next meeting the group will decide which patch to repair next.We are waiting for more quotes.If the outcome is to repair patches we already have quotes for , the next target will be either 960 or 2,400 inc vat .
All help is gratefully received as are donations and items to sell.Thank you to every one for their support.

carrick14
Website Member

Website Member

16/08/2013 : 12:21:03      reply with quote

RE saag as a member raising the funds , i would personally like to thank all who have contributed with items for sale , yes it is going to take a while and hopefully sept has been mentioned for the first hole to be repaired,see previous message,Joan at no 12 has her stall out most good days look out for her she spends hours there please buy !! Kath is at car boots etc most weekends again look out for her no 14 and 12 will take in all donations again thankyou for your support anyone wishing to help out on stalls please see Joan or Kath as most of the work is three people could do with some more help and ideas too thankyou

carrick14
Website Member

Website Member

12/09/2013 : 19:43:01      reply with quote

Well as most people who head up and down Spencer ave can see the work has started to repair some of the road, still lots to do so lease support us a general meeting for all will be held at kings pub on the 16th sept starting at 2.there will also be a table top sale at the bowling club on the 21 of sept 10 until 3 again please come support us and grab a bargain ,more updates as they come in and we are in the kieghley news again this week .

glorious
Website Member

Website Member

19/09/2013 : 15:21:21      reply with quote

I didnt expect to be here again but read your message about tabletop sale at bowling club which bowling club there are two in Silsden please be more specific I will try the park one but if its the bottom one its quite a trail. Hope you will inform us of the outcome.Have a good one

terrier52
Website Member

Website Member

20/09/2013 : 10:11:32      reply with quote

ITS IN SILSDEN PARK !

Smiffykat
Website Member

Website Member

23/09/2013 : 16:48:43      reply with quote

The SAAG sale in the Bowling club raised 101.46.
thank you to all who supported us .

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

24/09/2013 : 09:16:37      reply with quote

Posted on behalf of joan:

hello at last i have figured out how to use this bit of technology i am the white haired old lady at no 12 who doesnt know her cds from her dvds etc but i do know i wouldnt be there if it wasnt for the generosity of all who have contributed so willingly.

A special thanks to Margaret & Jean who picked washed weighed 63lbs of plums last friday raising 32 for their efforts. also stuart & rene helping transport/load goods to bowls green etc & finally to all who have stopped at no 12 if only for a natter showing interest in our project the community spirit is here lets keep it going and thank you all once again hope i dont blow the system up with my final flourish feel quite proud of myself im getting with it at last-jb

happy :)happy :)happy :)happy :)happy :)happy :)happy :)happy :)

joanbee
Website Member

Website Member

29/09/2013 : 16:53:57      reply with quote

well i feel a bit of an idiot i didnt get it right after all thanks to peter who intercepted and passed the message on i didnt even get that right it was margaret and liz who picked and packed plums sorry liz put it down to my age.also to jean and margaret for washing up,stuart and rene for leaving clubhouse immaculate and to silsden playing field bowling club to use the property.hope we can do it again soon.there will be no flourish this time just a quiet thank you all and bye for now fingers crossed jb

joanbee
Website Member

Website Member

29/09/2013 : 17:38:47      reply with quote

well i feel a bit of an idiot i didnt get it right after all thanks to peter for intercepting it and passing the message on i didnt even get that right it was margaret and liz who picked the plums jean and margaret who helped in the clubhouse,sorry liz put it down to my age.thanks also to stuart and rene for help in leaving the clubhouse immaculate and to silsden playing field bowling club for the use of.hope we can do it again.the scones provided by the Bilalucci cafe bar were snapped up in twenty minutes thanks Helen and Bilal for your support and to everyone who helped in anyway Fingers crossed jb

glorious
Website Member

Website Member

03/10/2013 : 19:39:03      reply with quote

im here again.So you have to have a vote to decide what will be done next.We all know the hole opposite the cul-de-sac was the worst,by what criteria did the other one completed qualify as second.I can only presume the idea was to start at one end and work down the avenue,this makes sense,so by rights the next will be where the white haired old lady sits so why have a vote?Just want to know so will not expect to see her there for a week or two once work started.hope it will be this year.I see the old lady has raised 800pounds towards it,how much is this one. Keep us informed as,when etc.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

03/10/2013 : 20:46:33      reply with quote

I don't understand this, how many houses are affected by this road? surely if every house put in a sum of money the work would have been done by now and you would not have to put in so much hard work.If there are 50 houses at 100 each thats 5000 pounds surely that is a viable proposition.I cannot understand why the co-op were not mad to pay towards upgrading the road as a condition of their planning permission when they expanded, this happens all the time, or donation tins in all the shops, everyone dropping their loose change in or whatever they want.

kvs
Website Member

Website Member

03/10/2013 : 22:22:27      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Are you part of SAAG?

posted by glorious
im here again.So you have to have a vote to decide what will be done next.We all know the hole opposite the cul-de-sac was the worst,by what criteria did the other one completed qualify as second.I can only presume the idea was to start at one end and work down the avenue,this makes sense,so by rights the next will be where the white haired old lady sits so why have a vote?Just want to know so will not expect to see her there for a week or two once work started.hope it will be this year.I see the old lady has raised 800pounds towards it,how much is this one. Keep us informed as,when etc.

glorious
Website Member

Website Member

06/10/2013 : 12:14:08      reply with quote

Does one have to be a member of saag to show an interest in an area i travel through almost daily.I think the questions raised are of interest to all who live in the area and such as myself who visit the area.Information on certain aspects have been slow in being released to those who have shown an interest by buying, giving or supporting.By the way are you a member of SAAG,if so surely you want to know the same as me or are you one of those in the know.

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

06/10/2013 : 20:34:01      reply with quote

Glorious,

I don't know for sure if you realise how you are making yourself appear with the tone of your messages and the things your are saying, but I suspect you do realise and you just don't care, so I'm not giving you the usual benfit of the doubt I would normally give posters.

Stop being an ass. The people in SAAG are doing good work. I don't know any of them, apart from having supported their sales a couple of times. They don't need your sarcasm or criticism so just keep it to yourself. If you don't like how they're doing things why not get involved and help?

carrick14
Website Member

Website Member

09/10/2013 : 12:22:15      reply with quote

Hi as a saag member would like to post next meeting is 21 oct at kings arms two until four , re all previous comments please attend meeting and have a say there , also hopefully the results of the money left or raised since last meeting and what steps to take next. please no more items until further notice but many thanks for all you have done .

glorious
Website Member

Website Member

10/10/2013 : 18:18:03      reply with quote

jonjo remarks re SAAG' Far from being critical of their work(where),sarcastiC of their work (where).My only critiscism related to lack of info re amounts raised at table top sales,amounts required for potholes and total raised to date.ASS definition-donkey or stupid person,am i stupid for taking an interest in these matters it is only because i do care that i make these enquiries,due to the nature of my work but visiting the area often i am unable to offer help other than buy at tables when poss.So if wanting to know these details makes me an ass i suspect there a lot of asses in the area
solid wood flooring

glorious
Website Member

Website Member

10/10/2013 : 18:18:06      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

10/10/2013 : 22:36:02      reply with quote

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

Glorious, I could go back and quote each thing to you that you've written that has been negative or critical or sarcastic but honestly life is too short so I just recommend you go back and read your own posts. You've just said you weren't sarcastic or critical and then go on to say some of the ways you were critical, so which is it? Were you or weren't you?

As for showing an interest, quite commendable, if done in an appropriate way, without accusing people of secrecy and of dodging your questions. Who died and made you the "Great Inquisitor"? No-one informed me about your appointment razz :p

(edited to get the flippin smiley right!)

carrick14
Website Member

Website Member

14/10/2013 : 18:24:59      reply with quote

All please remember next meeting 21nov at 2 until 4 at the kings arms silsden, your opinions etc can be aired there thankyou

carrick14
Website Member

Website Member

14/10/2013 : 18:25:36      reply with quote

sorry 21 0ctober next meeting

joanbee
Website Member

Website Member

18/10/2013 : 21:23:09      reply with quote

i feel i should reply in defence of glorious after all he/she could be anyone of fifty or so people who ask the same questions each week when stopping or passing the tabletop sale at the top of my drive how otherwise can people get the info they want to know even then it is not everyone who is on the net and i can only give them the amount raised at my table by putting the board out as i do and it does raise a raise a lot of interest as the amount goes up,up and up so please no more name calling it really depends on each individuals point of view im sure glorious did not mean to offend anyone jb

joanbee
Website Member

Website Member

20/11/2013 : 18:34:44      reply with quote

At last can thank Karen for taking Guy Fawkes to Red Lion won 1st prize 15 he raised 40-25p altogether thanks to all who contributed also for all items you gave to sell at tabletop sales I will put board with amount raised at no12 in usual place at end of Nov.your generosity has been overwhelming as last figure (1080)was beyond belief,not much more to add but well done everyone THANK YOU quiz sheets 1 being sold good way for allthe family to spend a rainy pm if you haven't got one already ring my bell YOU could win 10 THANKS once again for all your support-JB

glorious
Website Member

Website Member

25/11/2013 : 23:42:40      reply with quote

hi at the risk of offending jonno I am once again requesting info.re the results of meeting 21/10/13.First patch cost 1440 from 2051 in bank leaving 611 towards next patch plus 1080 from sales at no12,40 from Guy Fawkes total 1731+money raised from other activities.Surely this should enable more work to be carried out so where and when.Please don't say if so interested why not at meeting,Monday afternoon not convenient for workers,do realise it is for older folk and you will have to book rooms where available so info.on here is only way to keep us informed please keep us up to date.

joanbee
Website Member

Website Member

21/12/2013 : 20:48:13      reply with quote

hello everyone just to let you all know i did put the board outside no12 at the beginning of December but it was smashed overnight has been pointed out some of you did not see it so the final sum raised at no12 was 1169----Received letter from MP Kris Hopkins as you may have done hope you let him know of our concern over Spencer Ave.He is aware but it wont do any harm to keep drilling it in also suggested another 1000 towards our funds would encourage us further as Bradford Council seem to have money to spare eg pool in Bradford and there is surplus cash from sale of library.MERRY CHRISTMAS HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU THANKS for your support

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

22/12/2013 : 00:35:23      reply with quote

posted by joanbee
there is surplus cash from sale of library
????????????????

Replies in this thread : 29

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > saag tabletop sales  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to