Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to For Sale / Wanted | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > Afterschool jobs for a 16 year old!?

Replies in this thread : 7

Author

Topic : Afterschool jobs for a 16 year old!?

xXizaakiXx
Website Member

Website Member

06/09/2013 : 18:07:53      reply with quote

Sorry I keep posting here, but asking around town always brings no results. Alot of people haven't called back when they said they would either.

Now I've turned 16 and I have things like CVs and my National Insurance Number, it should open more doors if there is anything available around town.

Sorry to keep pestering, you all know more than I do! laugh :D
click for more information

charlie
Website Member

Website Member

06/09/2013 : 21:24:16      reply with quote

Try stephos

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

07/09/2013 : 12:00:28      reply with quote

As I understand it anyone employing, or working with anyone under the age of 18 has to have a CRB check to prove that none of the people working with an under 18 year old is not a dodgy character.

This check is not free and has to be renewed every three years. So rather than employ a sixteen year old it makes more sense to employ a 60 year old!

This is a classic case of the law of unintended consequences. Employers are also complaining that 18 year old have no idea of a work ethic. Of course not as there is little opportunity to get real work under 18.

Listener
Website Member

Website Member

10/09/2013 : 15:08:12      reply with quote

In Argos today they were putting signs up for part time Christmas help, worth a phone call. 0845 165 7192

DoubleD
Website Member

Website Member

10/09/2013 : 22:17:45      reply with quote

Old Miner I have worked with apprentices and work experience placements under 18 with no requirement for a CRB (at least I was never asked for one!), all at large firms. I have a CRB anyway because I am a scout leader in my spare time but they are not transferable between positions i.e. if you had 3 jobs each requiring a CRB you'd need 3 separate CRBs! Mad eh?

Good luck with the job search xXizaakiXx. What type of work are you after? Have you considered beating on one of the local shoots on a weekend? It's only seasonal and hard work but I believe that the Bolton Abbey Estate is paying 50 a day this year. Grouse shooting started back on August the 12th but goes through until December and with the pheasant season starting in October it might be worth a try.

xXizaakiXx
Website Member

Website Member

16/09/2013 : 16:21:38      reply with quote

Thank you everyone.

It would really need to be somewhere local, I don't really have money for buses and trains.

Littleun
Website Member

Website Member

16/09/2013 : 16:28:08      reply with quote

Have you tried Kingfishers Fish and Chip shop or the Grouse...

Fred
Website Member

Website Member

16/09/2013 : 18:41:34      reply with quote

posted by xXizaakiXx
Thank you everyone.

It would really need to be somewhere local, I don't really have money for buses and trains.
Sometimes you have to spend money to get money happy :)

Replies in this thread : 7

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > Afterschool jobs for a 16 year old!?  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to