Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > SILSDEN CHRISTMAS MARKET

Replies in this thread : 15

Author

Topic : SILSDEN CHRISTMAS MARKET

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

08/11/2013 : 18:33:45      reply with quote

Don't forget everyone,Sunday the 24th November,10am till 4 pm ish it will be Silsden Christmas Market.
Come along and enjoy doing your Christmas shopping in a nice relaxed athmosphere. we have indoor stalls in the town hall and outdoor stalls up the one way street.
We will also have Santa in his grotto in the town hall.
Refreshments will be available.
At the end of a good day shopping hang around to listen to the town band and church singers and the switch on of Silsden Christmas lights. This year,doing the honours of switching on our lights will be the wonderful MARY FRYERS!
What more could you want??? Comealong and have some festive fun!
click for more information

thanet
Website Member

Website Member

08/11/2013 : 19:14:40      reply with quote

Thats great i will be there and will come and support a local figure too

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

09/11/2013 : 19:06:42      reply with quote

Look forward to seeing you there.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

21/11/2013 : 09:07:13      reply with quote

I believe the tree and Bandstand lights are being switched on at 4.30PM?
Do you need some help setting things up in the morning?

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

21/11/2013 : 13:41:51      reply with quote

Hi Grandad,we are setting up tables in the town hall between 2 and 4 on Saturday for the market,as for the lights that's all taken care of.

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

21/11/2013 : 13:47:07      reply with quote

Tha weather is looking good for Sunday so get ya sens out there to the Christmas Market and support your local community. Majorettes will be helping Santa in his grotto,Horizon Taekwondo will be providing refreshments in the town hall.There will be many various stalls in the town hall and other stalls up Briggate,Bridge Road and the Punch car park,so come along and start Christmas early.

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

23/11/2013 : 18:49:18      reply with quote

Well we are all set for tommorows market,why hot come along and see whats on offer? Have a look round the newly refurbished town hall and buy a few gifts for Christmas while your there.

Don't forget to have a wander round the outdoor stalls up Briggate and Bridge Street and The punch carpark.

There's also some local shops opening too, so come on. And of course the lights switch on at 4.30 by the lovely Mary Fryers!!

So come on,wrap up well and join us all for a good day in Silsden!!!!happy :)happy :)happy :)

charlie
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2013 : 19:48:16      reply with quote

Big thank you what a fab day well done to you all for time effort and dedication great day and town hall looks great

Golden Oldie
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2013 : 20:44:49      reply with quote

Thankyou to all concerned for a lovely event. Plenty of stalls to mooch around and a good variety, seems to be getting bigger every year which is great. Nice to catch up with people we see around town. Everyone looked to be enjoying the days offerings.

WELL DONE ALL for your hard and much appreciated work, roll on the next one.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2013 : 21:23:48      reply with quote

Well done - a few pictures
news.silsden.net/archives/998

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

25/11/2013 : 08:18:32      reply with quote

Sisden Gala Committee would like to thank everyone who turned out to support the Christmas market, It was a good day and I don't thing we have ever seen it so busy. Thank you also to the lovely people who took time out to talk to us and thank us for all our efforts,it does help us to know it is all appreciated. The light switch on by Mary was a right treat,we new she would look the part!happy :)
Once again thank you Silsden,it really is a grand place to live.happy :)happy :)happy :)

thanet
Website Member

Website Member

25/11/2013 : 20:13:04      reply with quote

A good turn out it was worth a trip down to look at the stalls and a look in the new townhall too
maybe we should have a market more then just at xmas

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

26/11/2013 : 11:12:11      reply with quote

we went down about 2pm and there waere not that many people about on the streets, the town hall was busy so difficult to get to see what was on the stalls.There were some bargains to be had on the stalls in briggate but a few of the stallholders were complaining that business had been slow and they were going to start packing up.It would seem that they arrived about 6-30am to set up stalls so understandibly by 2-2.30ish they were ready to start packing up I doubt they will come again.The problem is having enough to keep people there till the switch on and band, we did not stay as we had seen everything by 3pm and did not want to stand about for an hour and a half. Would it be better to start the market later in the day so that the stallholders don't have to get there at silly o'clock and they could stay till the light switch on.I appreciate all the hard work that goes into this please take this as constructive critisism

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

26/11/2013 : 11:12:12      reply with quote

we went down about 2pm and there waere not that many people about on the streets, the town hall was busy so difficult to get to see what was on the stalls.There were some bargains to be had on the stalls in briggate but a few of the stallholders were complaining that business had been slow and they were going to start packing up.It would seem that they arrived about 6-30am to set up stalls so understandibly by 2-2.30ish they were ready to start packing up I doubt they will come again.The problem is having enough to keep people there till the switch on and band, we did not stay as we had seen everything by 3pm and did not want to stand about for an hour and a half. Would it be better to start the market later in the day so that the stallholders don't have to get there at silly o'clock and they could stay till the light switch on.I appreciate all the hard work that goes into this please take this as constructive critisism

Smiffykat
Website Member

Website Member

26/11/2013 : 13:18:32      reply with quote

Thank you to the organisers ,SAAG tombola stall was very successful. I packed up by 2.30 because All the prizes had been won .Next time I'll bring more prizes.

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

26/11/2013 : 14:19:17      reply with quote

Hi Gingo,the outdoor stall holders come at 6 45am(that's when they want to come,I don't dictate that),many come year on year. The ones I spoke to said there were lots of people about but no one spending enough. The stall rent is very cheap for the size they get and most wouldn't turn up for half a days trading. Many came out shopping and went home for lunch befor returning for the lights. We do try to suit everyone but as you know that's never going to happen but we do take on board what you have said.

Replies in this thread : 15

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > SILSDEN CHRISTMAS MARKET  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to