Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Town Hall

Replies in this thread : 15

Author

Topic : Town Hall

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

27/01/2014 : 19:05:47      reply with quote

Here is a programme of events for the Town Hall re opening

10 am Town Hall open
10.30 Tour De France Presentation
11 am Opening ceremony
11.30 Silsden Allstars
12.45 Tour De France Presentation
1.30 Silsden Singers
2.15 Elizabeth Phillips School of dance
3 pm Silsden Town Band
3.30 Silsden Allstars

all performences will take place in the ballroom upstairs

Refreshments will be provided by Café Cake

A market selling quality gifts will be open downstairs

All proceeds to Silsden Gala,See you there

click for more information

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

27/01/2014 : 19:07:15      reply with quote

Sorry,forgot to say,this all happens on the 8th February

tetleydrinker
Website Member

Website Member

27/01/2014 : 19:37:28      reply with quote

According to the Keighley News the other week www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/10927093.Event_to_herald____new____Silsden_town_hall/ a "rock" band should be playing in the evening, any news on which band it will be, ticketing etc.

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

27/01/2014 : 19:51:04      reply with quote

Sorry,no band playing in the evening,they are playing at the sports club 2 weeks later and wouldn't be fair to go head to head so no band.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

28/01/2014 : 09:05:24      reply with quote

Where do the wheelchair users have to book to be able to go upstairs? considering ONLY two at a time are allowed up there.

tetleydrinker
Website Member

Website Member

28/01/2014 : 10:51:59      reply with quote

Pity about the band, but surely there is more than one band that could have been booked, once again according to the Keighley News

"Silsden Town Hall’s official opening on February 8 will act as a showcase for its new theatre facilities.

Groups are being invited to perform during the afternoon, with support from professional sound and lighting technicians."

As far as I remember, Silsden Singers (or swingers as they have occasionally been referred to) sing accapello and generally do not use amplification, the majorettes and the dance group will perform to recorded music I presume. This is hardly going to showcase the new sound and light system the taxpayers have paid for.

I'm not having a moan at anybody, but I would have thought that as Brad Met publicised the "grand opening" in the press, they could have come up with the goods.

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

29/01/2014 : 09:29:32      reply with quote

silsden Gala organized the entertainment and market.
The band we wanted was not available so we had to cancel that.
No need to book,its a public open day.
Now will you all stop having a go at me!!! Got any complaints about lack of band get off your fat backsides,join the committee and then maybe we would have enough volunteers to do these events easily!!!
AND!! This is not a discussion thread!

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

03/02/2014 : 15:08:44      reply with quote

Having checked with Bradford on the safety of wheelchair issues,two wheelchairs at any one time will be allowed upstairs and trained staff are on hand to help if an emergency happens.Downstairs has no limit to wheelchair users.It will be a first come first served basis.Hope this answeres any queries.

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

07/02/2014 : 08:37:05      reply with quote

Hope to see many of you at the town hall tomorrow.

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

07/02/2014 : 11:49:06      reply with quote

Good luck with the event.....

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2014 : 17:00:35      reply with quote

Silsden Gala committee would like to thank everyone who came along to the opening of The Town Hall today. The event seemed to be a success,we had many positive comments( a couple of negative too but ,Hey) Thanks to all the wonderful talent we have here in Silsden for the entertaining us throughout the day. Silsden Allstars.Silsden Town band. Elizabeth Phillips school of dance.Silsden Singers. Rev David Grifiths, and thank you to every one who came down to support the event.

greenlanes
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2014 : 21:08:32      reply with quote

A really lovely day. Great atmosphere. A big thanks to all concerned for their hard work.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

09/02/2014 : 13:35:41      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Went to see if the Town hall was as poor as we have all have been told on this site. Very surprised how good it was, what an asset to Silsden. Thank you to all concerned.

Raver
Website Member

Website Member

09/02/2014 : 14:57:51      reply with quote

Was at the opening on Saturday. Our new community facilities in the old Town Hall are really fabulous!! I was one of the critics of the original plans but must now eat 'humble pie'. I trust others will have the maturity to do the same and now work together to make the venue a success.

micky
Website Member

Website Member

09/02/2014 : 15:41:04      reply with quote

I too was at the Town Hall opening. I had a great morning and enjoyed the cheerful community atmosphere, I never knew our All Star Majorettes were so talented! Someone has to say it, Well Done Brad Met and Nigel Gillet. Our Town Hall has been saved for some great future uses.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

10/02/2014 : 12:56:52      reply with quote

Does anyone else feel as I do that someone from OUR TOWN COUNCIL who represent us ( not themselves ) should have been on stage the at the opening ceremony.

Replies in this thread : 15

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Town Hall  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to