Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Did You Know - you can book and use Silsden Bandstand for FREE

Replies in this thread : 9

Author

Topic : Did You Know - you can book and use Silsden Bandstand for FREE

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

05/03/2014 : 10:55:14      reply with quote

The Bandstand can be used for FREE. It's not just for bands so you don't have to play a musical instrument to use it, just think of it as a stage.

It would be good if The Bandstand was used more and with the cultural festival for the Tour de France starting on 27th March it would be a good excuse.

MORE INFORMATION AND THE BANDSTAND BOOKING FORM - here:
letour2014.silsden.net/book-the-bandstand/

click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

31/03/2014 : 20:07:23      reply with quote

It's FREE to use the bandstand, book it and make some money for you chosen good cause. Be part of the 100 day cultural festival for Le Tour.

MORE INFORMATION AND THE BANDSTAND BOOKING FORM - here:
letour2014.silsden.net/book-the-bandstand/

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

24/04/2014 : 15:01:00      reply with quote

The weather is getting better happy :)happy :)happy :) and it's FREE to use the bandstand. Show us what you can do.

Information on how to book the bandstand above. happy :)happy :)

The Stig
Website Member

Website Member

24/04/2014 : 21:57:18      reply with quote

Any brass bands booked for the summer?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

24/04/2014 : 23:22:14      reply with quote

posted by The Stig
Any brass bands booked for the summer?
Nothing is booked that I am aware of, but the bandstand is booked for 4th - 6th July (Le Tour weekend). Details TBA.

Hope this helps.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

25/04/2014 : 18:55:02      reply with quote

When reading the reply,s on the band stand i keep thinking about Graham and all the hard work he and his family have done for Silsden over the years ,now we can't forget his dedication to the gala, but can anybody remember when he was a DJ at the town hall in the 60,s .Now i could be wrong but i think he named it The devils night disco , with this in mind wouldn't it be a nice tribute if we could organize a 60,s theme disco in the band stand .

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

25/04/2014 : 19:30:51      reply with quote

Go for it, but please remember if you require power it will be a problem at the moment. Given enough notice a source of power might be found.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

26/04/2014 : 06:50:12      reply with quote

Is there a local pop group who would like to put on a show for charity ,( i,ll donate 50 towards it ).

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

26/04/2014 : 11:48:49      reply with quote

Midway - it wouldn't be the sixties - Graham wasn't that old. Late 70's early 80's. It was Night Devils disco - he also did them for weddings and parties. Played Saturday at the twisters and then Sunday at the old legion. I was one of the guys that used to help him with moving the discos about.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

26/04/2014 : 18:21:48      reply with quote

those were the days dodzi, graham did my wedding do at the town hall well before any lift was installed, but then again nobody bothered then graham was either dragged up in his wheelchair backwards or lifted out and carried up,, back down with bellies full of ale were pretty hairaising as I remember,,pete fell was also involved if I remember right, the good old days well before all the dogooders came along and started to spoil things.god bless both graham and pete fell.

Replies in this thread : 9

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Did You Know - you can book and use Silsden Bandstand for FREE  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to