Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to For Sale / Wanted | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > FOR SALE - 500+

Replies in this thread : 3

Author

Topic : FOR SALE - 500+

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

28/04/2014 : 14:32:13      reply with quote

https://www.justgiving.com/silsden

Advertising private sales on the forum is FREE, but should sellers of high value items (say 500+) be encouraged to donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulance?

In 3 years silsden.net users through https://www.justgiving.com/silsden has raised 300 but it could be so much more to this good cause.

If you were to sell a high value item on ebay, or with a advertisement locally it would cost money, so is this an unreasonable request?

Please let me know what you think - Peter
click for more information

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

28/04/2014 : 17:40:08      reply with quote

Yes Peter this is a very good local cause and we need to support it, I think 10% of all sales is not an unreasonable amount to donate.
But I do not know how you would enforce it.

Grandparent
Website Member

Website Member

28/04/2014 : 18:38:55      reply with quote

Peter

This is and excellent idea, you provide a perfect medium, users should feel obliged to make a donation particularly where higher priced items are involved.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2014 : 10:56:25      reply with quote

The donation amount would be up to the person selling, like an honesty box. If you sell a high value item through these pages then perhaps a tenner or more would be an appropriate donation to Yorkshire Air Ambulance.

Similarly people giving away unwanted items should perhaps suggest the buyer donates something to the cause. After all the free item has a value to the receiver!

It is very easy to donate - just go to the linked page and pay with a credit card or PayPal. If you can gift aid your donation it will be worth even more to YAA because the government chips in an extra 25%

I do not benefit in anyway other than I hope, if ever I need YAA it will be there when I need it.

Replies in this thread : 3

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > FOR SALE - 500+  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to