Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > The Day - The Event - The Tour

This thread is now closed

Replies in this thread : 12

Author

Topic : The Day - The Event - The Tour

Listener
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2014 : 09:40:36      reply with quote

What an absolutely brilliant display from the people of Silsden on yesterdays TDF.

From window decorations to outdoor displays, only topped by massive enthusiastic crowds showing their appreciation in Silsden being chosen on the TDF route.

We had the added excitement of the 5 helicopters landing at the ground with TDF officials and past winners landing and joining in with us as the race past.

Also a past British and World rally champion in Russell Brooks camped with us and expressed his gratitude at the warm welcome given to him and other visitors from Silsden folk.

A great, great day.
click for more information

hat
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2014 : 09:48:41      reply with quote

absolutely, looked amazing. does anyone have pictures of the helicopters on the ground? i was near naylors & saw them hovering but didn't realise they had landed.

Listener
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2014 : 10:09:24      reply with quote

posted by hat
absolutely, looked amazing. does anyone have pictures of the helicopters on the ground? i was near naylors & saw them hovering but didn't realise they had landed.
Yes I have hat but forget how to add them, I`ll email them to Peter.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2014 : 11:11:38      reply with quote

Spanish Omelette
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2014 : 11:24:13      reply with quote

A massive well done to all the people and businesses of Silsden.
They truly did the town proud and everyone that I saw had an absolutely brilliant and not-to-be-forgotten experience!
The highlight were the five Tour helicopters landing on the football pitch! Like something from Apocalypse Now!! the way they came over the horizon and landed in formation!
A big thanks to everyone involved!
A day never to be forgotten!

firtoffee
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2014 : 11:48:26      reply with quote

I would just like to say a very big THANK YOU to all the people who put so much time and effort into making the day such a success. It was brilliant to see everyone having such a good time. Silsden certainly came alive yesterday, and I feel so very proud of Silsden and all who live here.
Having Le Tour come through Silsden was an honour and something that I personally will never forget.

Spanish Omelette
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2014 : 11:58:37      reply with quote

Would be nice if we could have a special section on Silsden.net just for people to download their Tour pictures and/or video clips for posterity.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2014 : 13:09:31      reply with quote

posted by Spanish Omelette
Would be nice if we could have a special section on Silsden.net just for people to download their Tour pictures and/or video clips for posterity.

Spanish Omelette keep up happy :) - the letour2014.silsden.net website was setup to allow you to do this months ago.

x-ref www.silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=6649

.... and don't forget you can upload your pictures hereletour2014.silsden.net/upload-your-pictures/

Upload your videos to You Tube or Vimeo and send me a link and I will add them to LeTour2014.silsden.net website.

For a laugh check out the Homemoss campsite video at the end of this pageletour2014.silsden.net/facts/tour-de-france-2014-stage-previews/

Peter

Spanish Omelette
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2014 : 13:28:26      reply with quote

The tour did not come through Silsden months ago!!!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2014 : 15:21:49      reply with quote

posted by Spanish Omelette
The tour did not come through Silsden months ago!!!

But the website letour2014.silsden.net WAS set up months ago and there has been lots of information added to it on a daily basis about Le Tour. The picture upload facility was set up on the website in May! The website has been promoted on the front page of silsden.net for months (as it's a subdomain of silsden.net).

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 11:12:23      reply with quote

More pictures from Silsden Heliport

silsdenafc.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=5563#entry26510

lenny
Website Member

Website Member

10/07/2014 : 05:37:27      reply with quote

Wonderfull to see so many Silsdeners turning out for the Tour De France.As an exiled "Cobbydaler" ii was amazed by the turnout all over the county. A truly great occasion..Well done Silsden.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

10/07/2014 : 09:39:56      reply with quote

I've just read the Keighley News, Most of the news/comments re the tour were in good Taste and complimentary. But What a shame that Colin Neville, of Bradley Grove, Silsden had to spoil it all with his derogatory comment "IN CAPITALS" about local politicians!

Sorry Grandad, but you have misread the letter. This is a letter in the printed edition of Keighley News and ALL the letters start off with capitalisation of the first few words as a way of making a subject title of the letter. It is unfortunate this contains the word politicians and then goes on to praise the hard work of the Churches Together who contributed to the success of Le Tour weekend.

<b>BTW</b> There were many businesses, groups and individuals that made the weekend happen and if you want a true idea of the people involved you should read Cllr Rebecca Whitaker's letter (sent to the Keighley News)
www.silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=6686

Replies in this thread : 12

Thread Closed

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > The Day - The Event - The Tour  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to