Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > curry corner

This thread is now closed

Replies in this thread : 20

Author

Topic : curry corner

MBR
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2014 : 22:35:24      reply with quote

One or two of people have informed me that Curry corner put their prices up for the tour weekend.. if true shame on them -
click for more information

tetleydrinker
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 07:45:16      reply with quote

Somebody told me that some of the pubs banged the price of ale up, £4 a pint at the King was mentioned !!!!!!!

If its true I hope the regulars got it at normal price and it was just the visitors that got fleeced.

Frankiegray1993
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 08:38:41      reply with quote

Pretty much EVERYWHERE put their prices up. It's business.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 09:16:20      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Silsden Sports Club reduced their prices by over 40p(upto 70p for Guiness) a pint in order for people to celebrate the tour without being ripped off. Its about looking after your community.

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 10:35:07      reply with quote

Nice one Eddy and all the staff at Silsden sports club we all had a top day the beer was spot on as always and we will be back with you again very soon we will never forget your generosity, Thank you again

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 11:44:25      reply with quote

posted by Frankiegray1993
Pretty much EVERYWHERE put their prices up. It's business.
Business...more like rip off!!! The pints at The Kings were already expensive...Iím still waiting for the reduction from the chancellor in the previous budget!!!
Congratulations for reducing the price of beer Silsden Football & Cricket Club. This time you have got it right.
The rest well....we thought you supported the people of Silsden...clearly we were wrong. We all should be paying a fare price not a rip off one and that goes for visitors too, events or otherwise. It doesnít paint a good picture of Silsden if folk are getting ripped off.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 13:45:54      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

£3 a pint for beer lager and cider at riverside fields camping site and loads of bands on from 2 to 11pm sunday,,free entertainment for all and free admissionhappy :)happy :)happy :)happy :)what a fantastic dohappy :)happy :)happy :) should off come down no rip off therelaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

angusmecoatup
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 14:07:42      reply with quote

No surprise rumour mill wrong again Kings Arms did not put prices up for the weekend nor did we charge people to sit on the benches outside
If any SO called business experts wants to discuss the price of our beer please fill free to call in

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 14:18:02      reply with quote

hell corkyyorky youve upset angusmecoat up,i was in the king a couple of times over the weekend and beer was its normal pricehappy :)

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 17:15:34      reply with quote

Let me just clear the air...I dont know what the price of beer had been this last weekend.
I was merely stating about fairness and the issue of we should not be ripped off.
Regading beer however how come alot of the beers ive bought in Ilkley, not including the whetherspoons brigade, are at least 10p cheaper than the Kings?

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 17:29:07      reply with quote

Here is a thought, if the price of beer is so much of a problem, why don't you lot stop stop drinking the stuff?

dinsydoodah
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 19:22:40      reply with quote

The prices were normal in the King, over the TDF weekend. The normal prices at the King are very average for a particularly good pint of cask ale. My experiences over the years have proved you get what you pay for. Some pubs are dearer, some are cheaper, the choice of venue is entirely up to you.

CORNY
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 20:27:51      reply with quote

I have tried all of the pubs and clubs since we moved here a few years ago, for me the Kings is way the best, best beer, best service, and as the last poster said, you get what you pay for. Why man even the locals are a canny bunch

charlie
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 21:06:35      reply with quote

You have a choice don't go in

angusmecoatup
Website Member

Website Member

10/07/2014 : 18:16:57      reply with quote

Corky Yorky
The 1p budget reduction went to offset the march 2013 whole sale price increases of 12 to 18p a pint that we dI'd not pass to customers given the complaints similar to yours will not bother again
Yes some beers in Ilkley are less expensive but some are more expensive
Where will you drink landlord, OP, and beers up to 6.5 % a abv for £3.20 a pint
Offer stands came and talk to me about it

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

10/07/2014 : 19:32:38      reply with quote

Angusmecoatup.

Lets get things clear again!
Your wholesale price has nothing to do with what the Chancellor did, that is a separate issue. Dont confuse the two.
If you didnt increase your prices when the wholesale price went up its your fault, dont use that as an excuse against comments like this, but then you were being kind!
The chancellor knocked 1p off the price of beer so you should knock it off accordingly to the customers for transparency that would be kind again!

Its no good to the your local punter hiding costs, transparency counts a lot. We need a clearer understanding, then we wouldnt have cause to complain and moan.
Its a shame for you that this has being brought to your attention and I say that with kindness!
End of issue

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

10/07/2014 : 21:39:58      reply with quote

I think thats a little out of order - I'm happy with the price of the beer in the King - its a bloody good pint and well kept. If you want to drink cheap beer I suggest to go to spoons and then drink the stuff thats just about on its last legs!!

The comment was made that the prices went up over the weekend - they did not. They are the prices which have been in place for some time. There are other pubs in the town which charge less - go drink there if you dont like the price - I'm sure we wont miss you!

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

10/07/2014 : 22:30:32      reply with quote

posted by Dodzi
I think thats a little out of order - I'm happy with the price of the beer in the King - its a bloody good pint and well kept. If you want to drink cheap beer I suggest to go to spoons and then drink the stuff thats just about on its last legs!!

The comment was made that the prices went up over the weekend - they did not. They are the prices which have been in place for some time. There are other pubs in the town which charge less - go drink there if you dont like the price - I'm sure we wont miss you!
The price asked for is the price you pay and you have to make a judgement on if the you think the quality and surroundings are worth it. Just remember about £1-05 goes in Tax for each pint.

The comment about Wetherspoons is wrong even if it was correct when they first started.

Roll on the next Kings Arms beer festival

CORNY
Website Member

Website Member

11/07/2014 : 12:48:06      reply with quote

MBR queried about the Curry Corner in the 1st post. Myself and 3 friends went for a meal at Curry Corner on Saturday evening, the prices were the same as they usually are, the food was lovely as usual, the service was very good as it always is. There was a slightly limited menu because of the expected demand, but there was enough selection for each of us to have a different meal. As for the complaints about the Kings Arms, each person to their own choice, for myself I am extremely glad that I have such a first class pub where I can sup bloomin good ale served by bloomin good staff

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

11/07/2014 : 18:41:36      reply with quote

ere ere corny angus for prime minister oh and lisa for minister for children hahahhahah

HB
Website Member

Website Member

12/07/2014 : 08:21:41      reply with quote

just to say, i am a fond patron of the kings. I know they keep good beer and we choose to drink their however in the interest of fairness I feel I must add a little comment angusmecoatup said

posted by angusmecoatup
Corky Yorky
The 1p budget reduction went to offset the march 2013 whole sale price increases of 12 to 18p a pint that we dI'd not pass to customers given the complaints similar to yours will not bother again

Yes some beers in Ilkley are less expensive but some are more expensive

Where will you drink landlord, OP, and beers up to 6.5 % a abv for £3.20 a pint

Offer stands came and talk to me about it
however he failed to point out that a couple of weeks before the chancellor reduced the price by a penny the kings put the price of beer up from £3:10 to £3:20 so in effect they are 11p towards the 12-18p rise

just saying

This topic started off with the accusation Curry Corner put prices up for the TdF and changed the subject to the Kings did the same thing. In both cases this seems to have been proved to be incorrect.

Posters please check your facts before posting unsubstantiated messages on this forum, you are affecting peoples livelihoods with these sort of posts.

This post is now closed, Peter
solid wood flooring

Replies in this thread : 20

Thread Closed

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > curry corner  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to