Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > PLEASE BE EXTRA VIGILANTE BURGLARY SILSDEN LAST NIGHT

Replies in this thread : 18

Author

Topic : PLEASE BE EXTRA VIGILANTE BURGLARY SILSDEN LAST NIGHT

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 16:31:08      reply with quote

Please be extra vigilante a house at the top of howden road was burgled last night and jewellery taken while the lady was away on holliday, the curtains had been pulled on while the house was burgled did anyone see anything at the top of Howden Road last night near to spring bank nursing home.
click for more information

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 16:43:45      reply with quote

there were 5 incidents on lowfield crescent/waterside three weeks ago everyone needs to be extra careful

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 16:44:27      reply with quote

what time did it happen?

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 17:04:06      reply with quote

Not sure about the time the people looking after the house went this morning to find all the curtains pulled on in the house and it had been burgled I was told by a neighbour the police forensic team had found some footprints at the scene.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2014 : 23:02:32      reply with quote

Glad to see you back hillbilly,let's do without the rubbish.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

09/07/2014 : 12:23:30      reply with quote

yes hillbilly where av you sprung from another alias i thinkswink ;)wink ;)wink ;)

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

09/07/2014 : 12:37:00      reply with quote

From West Yorkshire Police

BURGLARY DWELLING
08 Jul 2014

HOWDEN ROAD,
SILSDEN

SUSPECT/S APPROACH FRONT OF PROPERTY AND SNAP LOCK PLATE AND BARREL TO GAIN ENTRY WITH MOLE-GRIPS OR SIMILAR. ONCE INSIDE SUSPECTS CLOSE CURTAINS AND MAKE UNTIDY AND EXTENSIVE SEARCH OF CUPBOARDS AND DRAWERS LEAVING EMPTY JEWELLERY BOXES STREWN IN BEDROOM. SUSPECTS EGRESS AS ENTRY AND MAKE OFF UNSEEN WITH PROPERTY. LOCK BARREL AND PLATE REMOVED FROM SCENE BY SUSPECTS.

If you have any information regarding this, or any other crimes, please call the Police on the non emergency number 101

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

09/07/2014 : 17:28:44      reply with quote

peter, hoe did you find this info?? I have looked on facebook, twitter and the police website and can find nothing.At one time if you went on police website you could click on my neighbourhood and get up to date info about crimes, there is nothing on there now apart from things that happened in Keighley!!it is very poor and also not sure the pcso does a surgery anymore in silsden

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

09/07/2014 : 17:45:09      reply with quote

i passed it to him as im a neighbourhood watch co-ordinator for my area in silsden,the neighourhood watch police send me emails regarding any reported thefts etc in my area.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

09/07/2014 : 19:54:34      reply with quote

I thought all the neighbourhood watch schemes round here had ceased to be.
thanks for the info, however I still think info like this should be on the police site or their twitter or facebook so that people know whats going on

midway
Website Member

Website Member

11/07/2014 : 22:19:00      reply with quote

Problem how come hillbilly can post the robbery details almost 24 hrs before our neighbourhood watch co-ordinator.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

12/07/2014 : 08:26:40      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

if you look at the date on the report its the same as when hillbilly posted,, peter put it on here when i sent him it the next morning.ididnt realise they had stopped putting reports on the official web site (as per gingo).

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

12/07/2014 : 13:45:04      reply with quote

I notice the euro cylinder was snapped.

This is easily preventable.

I watch all this guys videos as he's pretty good and this one shows you exactly how to put a more secure cylinder in your locks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wEZktQ9hb4

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

12/07/2014 : 13:46:42      reply with quote

i have Just been informed that the only other local dwelling burglary that took place on the same night was one in Ilkley it was also said that the Howden road burglary was esimated by the police to have took place between 11pm and 4am just one nice thing to hear about the incident was the cat that was in the house at the time and been looked after by family was not harmed in any way.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

12/07/2014 : 14:57:54      reply with quote

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

the basic brass euro lock is useless they can be easely broken in two,they can be replaced with astral cisa locks or similar make, same shape and fitment but they have steel bands through them and are anti snap and bump locks and they lock from both sides with a key so they still cant get in,well worth the money euro locks can be got for as low as 5,the cisa locks are around 20 to 30 on ebay and are well worth the money.neighbourhood watch approved ps watch the video jonno has loaded on to here it explains the difference and fitting excellently,

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

14/07/2014 : 00:10:43      reply with quote

Nice one Jonno just viwed all the videos you took the time and effort to post on here, All of them are well worth watching I found them very interesting and a must to be seen if you want to make your home by far safer

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

21/07/2014 : 13:04:20      reply with quote

does anyone know whether anybody was caught for this

thanet
Website Member

Website Member

23/07/2014 : 10:58:13      reply with quote

have heard of another break in on aire view last night not sure what was taken but i believe police and ambulance were called

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

23/07/2014 : 12:15:52      reply with quote

seems odd that west Yorkshire police are saying crime is down, there seems to be a bit of a crime wave in silsden but you only find out about it from the people who live here, nothing at all on the police website, its about time they started putting info on about silsden.If you look at the police twitter and facebook there is never any mention of things that have happened in silsden.

Replies in this thread : 18

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > PLEASE BE EXTRA VIGILANTE BURGLARY SILSDEN LAST NIGHT   

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to