Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Buss passes

Replies in this thread : 2

Author

Topic : Buss passes

Grandparent
Website Member

Website Member

13/07/2014 : 11:32:44      reply with quote

A friend of mine was asked to sign a petition against Bradford's plan to abolish free buss passes for senior citizens. Has anyone heard anything in this regard?
click for more information

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

13/07/2014 : 12:42:28      reply with quote

I've just done a quick Google search on it, which did not bring anything up about removing he passes. It was however, in the T&A a few weeks ago about Bradford removing free transport for children going to schools in North Yorkshire - www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/11134283.Free_school_bus_travel_to_be_scrapped_for_many_Bradford_pupils___new_passes_will_cost_up_to___370/

adeythom
Website Member

Website Member

13/07/2014 : 16:52:39      reply with quote

posted by Grandparent
A friend of mine was asked to sign a petition against Bradford's plan to abolish free buss passes for senior citizens. Has anyone heard anything in this regard?
I don't think Bradford could do that, even if they wanted to - it's a national scheme, not a local one. Some places offered locally-decided upon extras (free tram or local train travel for instance), at their own expense, and have had to scale that back due to cuts (Sheffield for example), but the basic package isn't up for discussion.

Replies in this thread : 2

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Buss passes  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to