Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > TC CONSULTATION AND DOCUMENTATION

Replies in this thread : 15

Author

Topic : TC CONSULTATION AND DOCUMENTATION

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

14/08/2014 : 14:50:31      reply with quote

It appears that their is a shroud of mystery around our Town Council and being able to be kept informed about ongoing proposals they have agreed.
Do you think that the Town Council should Consult with the local people who might be affected by their decisions, before any of their projects goes ahead?
Should Plans and supporting documentation of projects be available for viewing permanently on the wall of the Town Hall until project completion, for all to see anytime, without having to ask?
click for more information

Bee2771
Website Member

Website Member

14/08/2014 : 15:34:32      reply with quote

I would agree totally, it would save a lot of hassle...can’t say too much though, the dictators that be will be watching.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

14/08/2014 : 15:45:01      reply with quote

The only shroud of mystery is in your head, CorkyYorky. why not get on with something productive, like dusting or ironing.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

18/08/2014 : 09:21:12      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Midway

If you havent anything positive and mature to add to this discussion then I suggest you Log Off as you are completely wasting peoples time.
My statement and question is a perfectly reasonable one.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

18/08/2014 : 11:01:51      reply with quote

I hope this will help with your problem.Some people, a very small percentage of humanity, will never be happy, regardless of the decisions they make or the achievements they attain. A significant component of how you feel, and thus your personal happiness, is determined by brain chemistry. Each of us has a natural balance to which we return; Some folks drew the short stick in life and are cursed with a baseline that makes fulfillment an elusive impossibility; at least on a long-term basis.

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

18/08/2014 : 11:56:30      reply with quote

Midway I hope this helps you with some self reflection...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

paperclip
Website Member

Website Member

18/08/2014 : 13:29:53      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Silsden Town Council works very hard for a strong community with huge local loyalty and many vibrant organisations; church based and secular. BUT perhaps councillors and their supporters should step back from defensive/hostile responses to perceived criticism ( and especially not mention dusting and ironing). It would help if they considered whether the TC's public communication system is adequate. People are not going to attend meetings at the back of the Co-op (on going row re Town Hall) or try to make points if they have to face a hostile admin procedure and angry dismissive responses They also wont come forward as new Cllrs (scared stiff). Opposition is not a bad thing. It sharpens decisions and builds public confidence in the democratic process at an important level of local government.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

18/08/2014 : 18:05:41      reply with quote

Paperclip
Thank you very much for your comments. I totaly agree with you in every respect.
I have never said in any comment on this forum that the TC do not work hard. I know it is a tough job.
What I am concerned about is that sometimes the hard work they do may be in the wrong direction, as the TC is a minority representative and it appears to me that they are not very good at communicating intentions to those affected by them. Indeed many might say that there is no communication at all.

Given that their is much animosity from the TC and some of its supporting band of merrymen to my original statement and question, and to vertually everything posted on this Forum, it is likely that this will be the same response at the TC meetings.
I am now led to believe that It is a case of shut up or be lambasted! This is not how it should be and the TC should be fully tranparent in all their dealings and having wider public consultation.
The funny thing is should Bradford Council do wrong by improper consultation the TC will be on top of them like a ton of bricks. Having freely visible plans and documents on the wall of the TC or Library is one way forward the TC might want to seriously consider.
Given what continuosly happens by the TC’s merrymen on here I now know how the ’NO” campaigners in Scotland have been targeted and hassled.
Maybe Silsden TC want independence from the rest of the UK?

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

18/08/2014 : 22:39:18      reply with quote

posted by CorkyYorky

I have never said in any comment on this forum that the TC do not work hard. I know it is a tough job.

Yes you have. You said they were time wasters

CorkyYorky
Website Member

Website Member

09/08/2014 : 19:40:57 reply with quote

Its a cost in terms of wastage of time and effort by our own Councillors who could have been doing something more productive and positive to enhance and protect our Township.

Bee2771
Website Member

Website Member

19/08/2014 : 06:24:47      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Gazza/midway...is this what it boils down to! pathetic tit for tat comments,

I really deplore at some of the comments I read on here, its really verging on childish playground behaviour.
Corky is right, better communication would be great, I think the TC seem to forget that the few places they announce these meetings are missed by the majority.
Also if a topic/project could have a detrimental effect on a certain part of the town, houses or people it is surely the TC's job to see these places, people or houses get direct contact to ensure the whole picture/plans are communicated in full, I personally do not think this is too much to ask.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

19/08/2014 : 07:57:00      reply with quote

English definition of “forum”
forum
noun [C] (INTERNET) /ˈfɔː.rəm/ US /ˈfɔːr.əm/ (plural forums or or fora)
› a place on the internet where people can leave messages or discuss particular subjects with other people at the same time:

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

19/08/2014 : 07:58:13      reply with quote

May I suggest this motto for the Town Council

'You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time'

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

20/08/2014 : 18:58:29      reply with quote

Just thought I'd throw this into the mix. This August a new law was passed by parliament allowing the press & the public to film & digitally report from all public meetings. The new rules apply to all town & parish councils, & also fire & rescue authorities. There is now no excuse for any council not to allow these new rights or attempt to deny a robust & healthy local democracy. This will change the way people see local government & allow them to view close-up the good work(or not) that councillors do. There must now be full openness & transparency.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

20/08/2014 : 19:12:38      reply with quote

Most major proposals for changes in the town have had public meetings arranged in the Town Hall or elsewhere. I can recall going to meetings about the re-cycling plant, Sykes Lane, Aldi and other housing developments in the town.
Communications can always be improved, but Silsden has had a lot of improvements in the 10 years I have lived here, and while I am not always agreeing with the TC, they do their best for the town.
It is easy to find fault....the town can continue to develop, we need to stay involved and help those who want the best for us. Cut the TC a bit of slack...!

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

20/08/2014 : 22:57:50      reply with quote

Don't shoot the messenger 'Dexter', i'm just the putting what I read in the news into the discussion.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

21/08/2014 : 07:01:36      reply with quote

posted by Mickyfinn
Don't shoot the messenger 'Dexter', i'm just the putting what I read in the news into the discussion.
Sorry, I was just making a general point Mickyfinn, not getting at what you said.... I actually agree with better communication being important, secrecy is not a good thing.

Replies in this thread : 15

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > TC CONSULTATION AND DOCUMENTATION  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to