Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Natwest to close 18 November

Replies in this thread : 20

Author

Topic : Natwest to close 18 November

hat
Website Member

Website Member

20/08/2014 : 11:17:30      reply with quote

according to sources the last bank in town will close its doors for good on 18 november, with the removal of the only free cash point other than the co-op.

rumours also circulating that the co-op are looking closely at silsden operations now that Aldi have a firm opening date, also november
click for more information

thanet
Website Member

Website Member

20/08/2014 : 12:36:27      reply with quote

so then there b no banks in silsden how how people who still deal in cash going to go on not everone can go to crosshills, keighley or even skipton
are the local councilors anything to say

hat
Website Member

Website Member

20/08/2014 : 12:43:41      reply with quote

sadly it's nowt to do with councils if a company decides not to trade here

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

20/08/2014 : 13:36:10      reply with quote

I don't know that I agree it's nothing to do with councils. A loss of any amenity should be a cause for discussion I would have thought. They can talk to the business and see what the reasons are and make representations on behalf of the community or they could endeavour to promote that business to the town and see if it can be retained. So there are things they could try.

But, I agree that at the end of the day it's up to the bank.

I do wonder what the local businesses must do to bank their takings, a drive to Keighley I suppose.

I do think that branches with low footfall will continue to close. As more people bank on-line and lets face it banking hours have never been very customer freindly.

I haven't been into my bank in years and there has never been a branch of it in Silsden.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

20/08/2014 : 13:55:57      reply with quote

I think the Post Office may provide banking facilities, might be a good opportunity for them? I know there's no ATM now, but could they get one?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

20/08/2014 : 14:35:10      reply with quote

The NOTsoHELPFUL Bank

The letter
news.silsden.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/NatWest_end.pdf

robin
Website Member

Website Member

20/08/2014 : 14:36:33      reply with quote

Many years ago the Britannia building society closed it's branch in silsden in the sure and certain knowledge that their customers would'nt mind travelling to keighley, well they did and there was a run, customers queuing outside the Britannia to close their accounts and queuing at the Skipton to open new ones. Barclays customers can pay in and draw cash at the post office. Natwest may well have shot themselves in the hind quarters. Silsden people have long memories.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

20/08/2014 : 16:13:55      reply with quote

Having read the Natwest letter, thanks Peter, the Post Office is going to be busy.... good for them, will make them more profitable hopefully.

Raver
Website Member

Website Member

20/08/2014 : 22:56:45      reply with quote

The 'High Street' continues its relentless decline - something to do with all that traffic putting shoppers?

If Silsden isn't going to turn into a ghost town we have to support new investment geared to the reality of the 21st century. When will we get good news re Tesco? They will provide another ATM and mean those without the means to afford a car can still get services within the town. Tesco are also moving into banking...

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

26/08/2014 : 17:42:22      reply with quote

I reckon we will get a Tescos when Aldi call it a day.

I still cannot see that location being viable. Not being an expert though I am probably wrong. I do not think the Co-Operative will lose out too much. A bit at first from natural curiosity but once the bind of shopping down the road sinks in then I suspect it will be business as usual.

Other cheap refills of coffee no real reason to use Aldi. Keelham farm shop opening off the Skipton bypass should up the local anti though.

thanet
Website Member

Website Member

30/08/2014 : 17:20:44      reply with quote

wonder how many more towns around here have no banks

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

31/08/2014 : 18:45:54      reply with quote

I think you may be wrong there old_miner - the co-op is well over priced and the aldi will be easy to get to in the car - which is the way most folks get to the co-op.

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

31/08/2014 : 21:36:55      reply with quote

The post office is there, and can be used just like an ATM, but sadly only when it is open.
Most supermarkets will give cash back when you purchase something.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

01/09/2014 : 00:02:53      reply with quote

posted by HurricaneHector
The post office is there, and can be used just like an ATM, but sadly only when it is open.
Most supermarkets will give cash back when you purchase something.
Yes they will, but only up to 50. If you need more, then you will have to run the gauntlet of parking up, getting your ticket, going to the post office, which is closed at lunch time, to withdraw more cash.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

01/09/2014 : 01:26:49      reply with quote

hell bad news no bank in silden and only one building societysad :(sad :(shocked 8Oshocked 8Oshocked 8O,we better give dave fishwick a ring in colne and see if we can get a bank of dave set uphappy :),

tetleydrinker
Website Member

Website Member

09/09/2014 : 17:17:35      reply with quote

www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/11461202.MP_Kris_Hopkins_backs_campaign_to_save_Silsden_bank_from_closure/?ref=var_0

greengrass
Website Member

Website Member

09/09/2014 : 17:35:43      reply with quote

Remember if you want to pay money in at the post office you must have a paying in book

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

09/09/2014 : 18:05:04      reply with quote

posted by greengrass
Remember if you want to pay money in at the post office you must have a paying in book
Im with Santander but I just put my debit card in the machine at the Post Office when paying in. Is Nat West not the same?

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

09/09/2014 : 18:57:00      reply with quote

debit card grengrass has`nt heard of those,he still uses paying in and cheques books and an abacus to work out the billslaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

greengrass
Website Member

Website Member

09/09/2014 : 20:29:48      reply with quote

Doggy nat west told me yesterday if you want to put money in you need one any how doggy you do not use a bank you store it all in your belly

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

10/09/2014 : 11:25:51      reply with quote

Campaigners against closures say Britain should adopt a US practice different banks clubbing together to run shared branches in small towns.
www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/bank-accounts/10836584/Local-banks-can-they-survive.html

...and localy
MP Kris Hopkins backs campaign to save Silsden bank from closure

www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/11461202.MP_Kris_Hopkins_backs_campaign_to_save_Silsden_bank_from_closure/

solid wood flooring

Replies in this thread : 20

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Natwest to close 18 November  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to