Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Drain Cleaner out and about

Replies in this thread : 8

Author

Topic : Drain Cleaner out and about

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

03/09/2014 : 10:57:59      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Seen about an hour ago up Hillcrest Avenue. Anyone seen it anywhere else? I wonder if it just cleans drains with problems reported or if it has capacity to do a rolling maintainance program as well.

I would have gone out and asked by I was in my pyjamas wink ;)

Edited for smiley, Peter I wish you'd make the forum work properly with Firefox.
click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

03/09/2014 : 11:18:07      reply with quote

It doesn't work with chrome either, but you can add emotions manually
www.silsden.net/forum/philboard_code.html#smiley happy :)sad :(laugh :Dwink ;)razz :pangryshocked 8O

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

03/09/2014 : 12:16:22      reply with quote

The council paint yellow line, maintain street lights and now clean gullies. They know its their road really. Just deny it when it comes to road repairs

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

03/09/2014 : 13:27:03      reply with quote

they were up Bradley road yesterday ,I asked them nicely if they would look at st johns st and the gulley at the bottom of Mitchel lane, I have had a walk around there this morning and all the gulleys look clean so well done the gully boys, oh gazer hillcrest was taken over by bfd after kilnsey fold was built. Sackville road is half owned by bfd and I have a map showing that is the case. unfortunatly spencer ave is not shown as in bfd ownership.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

03/09/2014 : 13:43:30      reply with quote

posted by skippy
they were up Bradley road yesterday ,I asked them nicely if they would look at st johns st and the gulley at the bottom of Mitchel lane, I have had a walk around there this morning and all the gulleys look clean so well done the gully boys, oh gazer hillcrest was taken over by bfd after kilnsey fold was built. Sackville road is half owned by bfd and I have a map showing that is the case. unfortunatly spencer ave is not shown as in bfd ownership.
Any sign of the bloke coming to look at paths and roads up Aireville/Howden Rd areas. Thinking of starting a facebook page on the state of Silsdens infrastructure.

Fred
Website Member

Website Member

03/09/2014 : 14:38:04      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

This is the man you need to talk to, he likes getting his picture in the newspaper. www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/news_keighley/10107052.Anger_over_delayed_footpath_scheme/

... and this is the man that claimed to have sorted it. www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/10346458.Adrian___s_thrilled_by_Silsden_footpath_repair/

... one name seems to have the say .. Coun Pullen

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

03/09/2014 : 15:18:39      reply with quote

Many thanks 'Skippy' all St.John's Street gullies thoroughly cleansed, the drain at bottom of Mitchell Lane & gullies in St.John's Close & the Paddock done too. Oddly, a team came a couple of days ago & unblocked the drain at bottom of Mitchell Lane & put dye down.

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

03/09/2014 : 17:16:39      reply with quote

Skippy, thanks for asking them to do that.

I think only top half of Hillcrest is adopted, not the bit by co-op and I didn't see how far down they started cleaning the drains.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

03/09/2014 : 21:12:04      reply with quote

posted by Fred
This is the man you need to talk to, he likes getting his picture in the newspaper. www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/news_keighley/10107052.Anger_over_delayed_footpath_scheme/

... and this is the man that claimed to have sorted it. www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/10346458.Adrian___s_thrilled_by_Silsden_footpath_repair/

... one name seems to have the say .. Coun Pullen
Its 18 months since we heard from Mr Mallinson on the subject, im not sure he does much walking..some of the worst paths are outside his own house.

Mr Naylor did at least get some action from Bradford council. However the shoddy workmanship Bradford Council supplied mean such a thin coat of tarmac was used and grass is now growing!!!

Replies in this thread : 8

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Drain Cleaner out and about  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to