Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Land off Bolton Road

Replies in this thread : 9

Author

Topic : Land off Bolton Road

basil
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 13:46:04      reply with quote

It's started. Anyone interested in the future of our town should be concerned as it affects everyone. This is just the start of the major housing development in Silsden. I should think there would be 300-400 houses planned on this land (next to and rear of Airedale Factors) and will have an impact on traffic, schools, dentists etc etc as has been discussed on previous topics. This town does not have the infrastructure in place to cope. Countless trees have already been felled in the last week so I assume some approvals have already been passed (by whom?). Don't let the council and developers run roughshod over us and attend the 'drop in' community event next Wednesday 10th from 5.00pm to 7.30pm Methodist Church and provide comments (letter and plans available to post).
click for more information

thanet
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 14:23:18      reply with quote

more houses and we not even going to have a bank let alone big enough schools and other things like that would come to meeting but i am away

basil
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 14:43:56      reply with quote

posted by thanet
more houses and we not even going to have a bank let alone big enough schools and other things like that would come to meeting but i am away

Ockin Peron
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 14:52:48      reply with quote

As another resident living nearby, I've also received the letter about this and am also concerned, but you need to keep things in perspective. 300-400 houses is a wild exaggeration and the trees they have been felling were overgrown Leylandii which many of us were glad to see the back of, though I wish they wouldn't burn them. The field there is already pretty much surrounded by buildings so it's really only a matter of time before it gets built on. What is more worrying is their aim of extending the built-up area out of Silsden up along the west side of Bolton Road.

Ockin Peron
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 14:53:39      reply with quote

posted by Ockin Peron
As another resident living nearby, I've also received the letter about this and am also concerned, but you need to keep things in perspective. 300-400 houses is a wild exaggeration and the trees they have been felling were overgrown Leylandii which many of us were glad to see the back of, though I wish they wouldn't burn them. The field there is already pretty much surrounded by buildings so it's really only a matter of time before it gets built on. What is more worrying is their aim of extending the built-up area out of Silsden up along the west side of Bolton Road beyond the old tannery.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 15:43:52      reply with quote

For a few years it has been well known that the next land to be built on was to be ,Banklands lane - Daisy Hill, Tannery corner area, and Sykes lane.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 16:13:52      reply with quote

Houses are coming as sure as night follows day and there is nothing we can do. Bradford Council make the decisions based on Government telling them what they should do.
Im am sure everyone in Silsden agrees there is a need for some new houses but not the numbers we will get

thanet
Website Member

Website Member

05/09/2014 : 17:19:07      reply with quote

what about where all the kids are going to go and other things too

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

09/09/2014 : 12:42:36      reply with quote

FIND OUT ABOUT THE HOUSES PLANNED FOR TANNERY CORNER (top of Bolton Road)

Wednesday 10th Sept from 5.00pm to 7.30pm Methodist Church and provide comments.

As far as I know there has been no planning application submitted yet so this is to get your opinions - make the most of the opportunity.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

09/09/2014 : 13:35:37      reply with quote

hopefully they will be built on Airedale factors site and the monstrosity will be demolished.How they ever got away with knocking down the old tannery to replace it with corrugated metal sheds I will never know.

Replies in this thread : 9

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Land off Bolton Road  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to