Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > CCTV? Was it being repaired or something?

Replies in this thread : 23

Author

Topic : CCTV? Was it being repaired or something?

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 16:28:42      reply with quote

Saw a Cisco (the network people) van by the CCTV by St James and a man up the pole doing something with it today. Anyone know what he was up to? I would've asked but I didn't feel shouting up the pole at him was really a very safe or polite thing to do.
click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 17:44:47      reply with quote

When the cctv was put up an ANPR camera was installed at the same time. Doubt the cctv gets monitored.
The ANPR cameras are the eyes and ears of the new car tax regieme

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 18:15:41      reply with quote

Gazzer it would be better if you didn't tell the criminals where the cameras are.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 18:52:45      reply with quote

Cameras should deter people. I want criminals to know not to come to Silsden because the cameras are watching rather than hopefully catching them after a crime

midway
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 18:54:29      reply with quote

grandad i think you have just confirmed it is defiantly a ANPR camera. by the way the tax on the car we sell no longer can be used by a new owner.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 18:57:03      reply with quote

midway, I haven'y confirmed anything!
Where did you read/hear the info re the tax?

Cobydaler
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 19:01:38      reply with quote

" ANPR camera's " Another white elephant & a complete waste of money . Come Oct you will no longer get a tax disk . They were probaly taking the camera down .

midway
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 19:07:59      reply with quote

info at GOV. UK

steetonblue
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 20:32:14      reply with quote

ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) checks the number plate not the tax disc against the national data base on vehicle tax, the removal of the paper disc makes this MORE important. It's also how the killers of PC Sharon_Beshenivsky were tracked and caught. So hardly a white elephant

midway
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 21:28:14      reply with quote

The National ANPR Data Centre is being built alongside the Police National Computer because of the need to be constantly updated with lists of suspect drivers and vehicles.[1] Car registrations are checked against lists from the Police National Computer, including vehicles of interest to the police for crimes such as burglary or theft of petrol. Uninsured drivers will be identified from data provided by the insurance industry, vehicles without a valid MoT test certificate will be flagged, and vehicles without a valid tax disc or with unlawful number plates will be identified.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 21:50:26      reply with quote

Can I sell my tax disc with the car?

No. This is the biggest departure from the paper-based system. Sellers will not be able to transfer tax with ownership of the vehicle. So anyone who buys a used car will no longer benefit if there are months left on the tax disc. This means buyers will have to renew their tax disc straight away, or risk being caught out on the road in an untaxed car.

The seller of the vehicle is responsible for informing the DVLA of a change of ownership, otherwise they could face a 1,000 fine.
Can I claim the tax if I sell?

Yes. When the DVLA is notified, vehicle sellers will get an automatic refund for any full calendar months left on the vehicle tax. This is the case today, but just seven in 10 sellers claim a refund.

Cobydaler
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 22:04:51      reply with quote

I agree that its briliant at tracking legaly owned vehicles where the owner forgot to renew his tax disk because he no longer has a reminder on his windsceen & the postie has delivered all his mail but can you tell me how it helps when ;
The cars stolen , on false or cloned plates , not registered in his name or one of the many tricks on the plate has been caried out ??
In the case of PC Sharon_Beshenivsky I seem to remember that the car was driven all the way down the motoway to London & then a few days later traced , hardly real time detection .
With the tax disk anybody could see it was out of date & report it , not so from now on . My statement a " white elephant " is with regards to law abiding people who have nothing to hide & are therfore not breaking any laws . The criminal fraternity know to to circumvent these camera's & so they are of little use in catching them . Just another item in the long and growing list of high tech money pits that never realy do what they are suposed to do .

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

04/09/2014 : 22:12:57      reply with quote

posted by Cobydaler
I agree that its briliant at tracking legaly owned vehicles where the owner forgot to renew his tax disk because he no longer has a reminder on his windsceen & the postie has delivered all his mail but can you tell me how it helps when ;
The cars stolen , on false or cloned plates , not registered in his name or one of the many tricks on the plate has been caried out ??
In the case of PC Sharon_Beshenivsky I seem to remember that the car was driven all the way down the motoway to London & then a few days later traced , hardly real time detection .
With the tax disk anybody could see it was out of date & report it , not so from now on . My statement a " white elephant " is with regards to law abiding people who have nothing to hide & are therfore not breaking any laws . The criminal fraternity know to to circumvent these camera's & so they are of little use in catching them . Just another item in the long and growing list of high tech money pits that never realy do what they are suposed to do .
North Yorkshire police who actually police roads park a car with APNR camera at the Steeton end of the bypass and stop suspect cars at the Cross Hills end. Pretty much real time?????

Cobydaler
Website Member

Website Member

05/09/2014 : 00:15:34      reply with quote

" North Yorkshire police who actually police roads park a car with APNR camera at the Steeton end of the bypass and stop suspect cars at the Cross Hills end. Pretty much real time?????
Thats not the same as a camera stuck up a lamp post is it , almost like old fashioned policeing ( Oh look his tax disk is out of date ) . How many crimes have been stopped or solved in Silsden by the cctv ?? . They where held up as the great savior when introduced as well .

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

05/09/2014 : 09:24:46      reply with quote

Remember "Big Brother" is watching you.....

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

05/09/2014 : 21:16:20      reply with quote

ANPR does trace stolen and cars used by criminals.
Also they are used to find people who have gone missing, possibly suicidal.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

05/09/2014 : 21:56:09      reply with quote

Back to selling a car the old way with tax, I think that by October 2015 we will be told that we cant sell a car with M.O.T. new owner will have to get it tested again..

midway
Website Member

Website Member

05/09/2014 : 22:58:19      reply with quote

DVLA will offer motorists the ability to spread their vehicle tax payments should they wish to do so. For vehicle tax starting from 1 November 2014, motorists will be able to pay vehicle tax by direct debit annually, biannually or monthly. There will be no additional handling fees for annual payments but to limit the impact on the public finances there will be a small surcharge of 5% of vehicle tax for biannual and monthly payments. This is half of the 10% surcharge that is currently applied to 6 monthly tax discs

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

06/09/2014 : 08:23:57      reply with quote

as I understand it the direct debit will have to be paid in advance, so if your tax is due in June 2015 you can start to pay d.d from Oct 2014 and have the full amount paid by June, do you know if I am right with this ?? .

midway
Website Member

Website Member

06/09/2014 : 08:44:23      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

You got me on that one,i don't know if monthly road tax is paid in advance.( i hope we have not gone off topic)

midway
Website Member

Website Member

12/09/2014 : 21:32:47      reply with quote

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

ANPR locations in the UK see below Thank you pETER
solid wood flooring

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

12/09/2014 : 22:19:45      reply with quote

goo.gl/maps/A5Evk happy :)

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

13/09/2014 : 07:22:45      reply with quote

posted by wheelaman123
as I understand it the direct debit will have to be paid in advance, so if your tax is due in June 2015 you can start to pay d.d from Oct 2014 and have the full amount paid by June, do you know if I am right with this ?? .
i think it is ,its the same with paying for a tv licence by D.Debit u have to pay it before hand.

Lewis
Website Member

Website Member

19/09/2014 : 17:56:23      reply with quote

Just an interesting addition to this thread. BBC Breakfast program this week featured the new rules on tax discs and the absence of them from October.

The DVLA have put up a site where you can type in any registration number of a vehicle and it's make. You then get an instant reply with tax and MOT details, of course no personal owner details.

Lewis

Replies in this thread : 23

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > CCTV? Was it being repaired or something?  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to