Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Burglaries - be aware

Replies in this thread : 28

Author

Topic : Burglaries - be aware

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

11/09/2014 : 13:15:41      reply with quote

Information supplied by West Yorkshire Police via Dogcatcher

BURGLARY DWELLING
09 Sep 2014 THE MALLARDS, SILSDEN

PERSON/S FORCE REAR WOODEN WINDOW WITH GARDEN IMPLEMENT, GAIN ENTRY, UNTIDY SEARCH OF FRONT BEDROOM, REMOVE PROPERTY & SPARE VEHICLE & HOUSE KEYS, EXIT VIA FRONT DOOR UNSEEN. LATER THAT NIGHT WHEN COMPLAINANT RETURNS HOME, PARKS VEHICLE ON DRIVEWAY & GOES INSIDE. WHEN SHE AWAKES THE FOLLOWING MORNING SHE NOTICES THE DAMAGED WINDOW & HER VEHICLE MISSING FROM DRIVEWAY.

BURGLARY DWELLING
08 Sep 2014 sad :(SKIPTON ROAD, SILSDEN

SUSPECT/S CLIMB ONTO SLOPED ROOF AT REAR OF PREMISES AND ENTER THROUGH INSECURE WINDOW. ONCE INSIDE SUSPECT/S MAKE SELECTIVE SEARCH OF NUMEROUS ROOMS. SUSPECT/S OPEN GROUND FLOOR PATIO DOOR USING KEY LEFT IN LOCK. SUSPECT/S BELIEVED DISTURBED BY OCCUPANT RETURNING HOME, LEAVING NUMEROUS ITEMS OF PROPERTY DISCARDED WITHIN ADDRESS.

If you have any information regarding this, or any other crimes, please call the Police on the non emergency number 101

click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

06/10/2014 : 16:48:00      reply with quote

information supplied by West Yorkshire Police via Dogcatcher

ATTEMPT BURGLARY DWELLING
05 Oct 2014 1258
BRADLEY AVENUE,
SILSDEN

SUSPECT/S APPROACH DWELLING AND ATTACK BOTH FRONT AND REAR LOCKS CAUSING DAMAGE. ENTRY IS NOT GAINED. WHILE THERE SUSPECT/S ENTER INSECURE GARAGE WHICH IS NOT INTEGRAL MAKING OFF UNSEEN WITH A SMALL TOOL WALLET AND A MOUNTAIN BIKE.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

06/10/2014 : 18:08:39      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Just in case you are thinking about an alarm,bought one recent,no wires,fit in less than half hour,even floyd could do it. www.myluxhome.com/en/lhk100su#.VDLJ3RZp5rI PS bought mine at city elec skipton £120

midway
Website Member

Website Member

12/10/2014 : 10:29:53      reply with quote

Two cars stolen from property on Howden road last night,also entered house and stole personal property.Earlier in the week Land rover stolen from Swartha,

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

12/10/2014 : 10:37:59      reply with quote

whereabouts on howden road? was this overnight

midway
Website Member

Website Member

12/10/2014 : 11:46:07      reply with quote

ginjo i would have liked to give more details,but as this is an on going police inquiry it makes it difficult. PS it might prompt a police statement i hope.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

13/10/2014 : 10:48:43      reply with quote

I know you cannot provide exact details but was it the top end or bottom end?

pgp001
Website Member

Website Member

13/10/2014 : 12:52:34      reply with quote

Not far from Jacques Grove.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

13/10/2014 : 16:36:38      reply with quote

information supplied by West Yorkshire Police via Dogcatcher

BURGLARY DWELLING
12 Oct 2014 0602
HOWDEN ROAD,
SILSDEN

SUSPECTS HAVE FORCED ENTRY THROUGH MAIN GARAGE DOOR ATTACHED TO PROPERTY. ONCE INSIDE THE GARAGE SUSPECTS HAVE ENTERED THE HOUSE THROUGH INTERNAL DOOR AND FOUND KEYS TO BOTH VEHICLES AND FRONT DOOR ALONG WITH SOME OTHER ITEMS OF PROPERTY. SUSPECTS LET THEMSELVES OUT OF THE FRONT DOOR AND LEAVE WITH BOTH VEHICLES IN UNKNOWN DIRECTION. VEHICLES STOLEN WERE AN AUDI A5 AND A LANDROVER DISCOVERY. OTHER ITEMS INCLUDED LAPTOP, HANDBAG AND CONTENTS AND A SATNAV. 1 PERSON ARRESTED.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

13/10/2014 : 17:04:50      reply with quote

a bit worrying that this happened in daylight hope the homeowners are ok.Glad to see the police have caught one of them, lets hope they get the other and they get locked up for a good length of time not just community service.
It sound like they had been watching the house and knew no one in

pgp001
Website Member

Website Member

13/10/2014 : 17:30:32      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The version I was told, was that it happened Saturday night / Sunday morning and the occupants were asleep upstairs at the time.
I could easily be wrong as this information came second hand.

However the police were definitely crawling along slowly up a very foggy and dark Howden Road at 6.15 am Sunday morning, my wife was out walking our dog and gave them a wave as they went past.

This sort of thing really worries me as we live too close for comfort to where it happened.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

13/10/2014 : 18:05:42      reply with quote

posted by ginjo
a bit worrying that this happened in daylight hope the homeowners are ok.Glad to see the police have caught one of them, lets hope they get the other and they get locked up for a good length of time not just community service.
It sound like they had been watching the house and knew no one in
Who said daylight?

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

13/10/2014 : 19:05:04      reply with quote

the police report is timed 6-02 am is that not daylight? I suppose that might be when it was reported then

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

13/10/2014 : 19:43:54      reply with quote

Sunrise is 7-30am now I was up and out at 7-00am and it was just light but still needed car lights on

Bee2771
Website Member

Website Member

14/10/2014 : 05:24:13      reply with quote

To put all the rumours straight....The break in on Howden road occurred around 2.30am while the occupants were asleep, One of the cars was picked up on a number plate recognition camera in Bingley at 2.50am which narrows the time down a bit..... It was classed as a Hanoi break in where the house was targeted specifically for cars

midway
Website Member

Website Member

14/10/2014 : 09:06:48      reply with quote

Now then Bee2771 with your obvious privileged information or profession,what advise can you extend to the rest of us,re security.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

14/10/2014 : 12:49:32      reply with quote

posted by midway
Now then Bee2771 with your obvious privileged information or profession,what advise can you extend to the rest of us,re security.
A dog is a good idea

pgp001
Website Member

Website Member

14/10/2014 : 12:57:49      reply with quote

I agree about having a dog.
But in this case they do have a dog and it too was asleep upstairs while the burglary was taking place !!.
These criminals must have it down to a fine art not to wake a dog.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

14/10/2014 : 13:31:45      reply with quote

We also lock room doors downstairs.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

14/10/2014 : 13:33:56      reply with quote

a burglar alarm would have stopped it providing of course it was turned on

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

14/10/2014 : 13:49:10      reply with quote

posted by ginjo
Not always easy if you have a dog. I wonder what alerted them because they must have rung the police if it was picked up within 20 minutes on ANPR
solid wood flooring

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

14/10/2014 : 14:16:28      reply with quote

you can isolate rooms so if dog upstairs in bedroom with you keep the door shut and leave all the other sensors on.An alarm in the garage might have been enough to deter them.We seem to be having a mini crime wave at the moment, I wonder if someone has recently come out of prison!

Bee2771
Website Member

Website Member

14/10/2014 : 14:35:47      reply with quote

posted by gazzer
posted by ginjo
Not always easy if you have a dog. I wonder what alerted them because they must have rung the police if it was picked up within 20 minutes on ANPR
The break in was reported at 6.03am when the items were noted missing...every car is recorded on the blue cameras...it’s just a case of scrolling back to see what’s passed i guess.
In response to alarms and dogs, P:olice informed the owners that even these would have had little effect, it was not some little scroat after a few things to sell for his next fix, but a planned burglary….

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

14/10/2014 : 15:09:36      reply with quote

I cannot believe the police said a burglar alarm would have had little effect, it would have scared them off or woken up the owners and neighbours, what a ridiculous thing to say to someone

Bee2771
Website Member

Website Member

14/10/2014 : 15:12:58      reply with quote

I dont think it was meant like that.. what they are probably saying is that they would have still tried and carried on until they were sure they had to leave, lets face it, how many times do you hear an alarm and ignore it!

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

14/10/2014 : 15:35:18      reply with quote

I never ignore an alarm if its in my street, only yesterday I went to investigate neighbours alarm going off as did 5 other people in the street, they are effective, a burglar will move on to somewhere that does not have one

Listener
Website Member

Website Member

14/10/2014 : 16:48:57      reply with quote

Another break in at the Sports Club on last Sunday night/Monday morning.

A young man in a dark hoody was seen walking from behind the Sports Club, over the cricket club pitch, and over the wall by the new cricket nets onto the main road, coincidence???

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

14/10/2014 : 17:03:12      reply with quote

I have to say that I was once tipped off I was about to be burgled. Advice from police was to remove all valuable items - you could fit an alarm but by the time we attend they will already have finished. If its a planned raid they've already decided they are coming in so an alarm won't stop them. Same with the on off security lights - by the time they have triggered them they have decided they are on the way in. Much better to have the outside permanently well lit as this is more of a deterrent.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

22/10/2014 : 14:03:32      reply with quote

West Yorkshire Police Launch New Autumn and Winter Campaign Highlighting the True Cost of Burglary

Wednesday, 22 October, 2014

“Burglars know the price of everything and the value of nothing” – that is the message being highlighted by West Yorkshire Police as part of their latest burglary campaign.

As the clocks go back this weekend, the Force’s autumn and winter burglary campaign aims to make people think about the true cost of burglary – both emotionally and financially.

Officers will also be advising residents on the simple steps they can take to protect their home and prevent crime as the winter months can see an increase in burglary.

Chris Joyce, Force Crime Prevention Officer, said: “Our officers see on a daily basis the devastating impact that being burgled can have on individuals and families.

“A burglar may know how much they can get for a second-hand laptop or a mobile phone but they do not appreciate the value people place on feeling safe in their own home.

“The true cost of burglary is not just an insurance claim; it can lead to sleepless nights, feelings of anger and helplessness, family upset and the loss of treasured memories and personal items such as jewellery and family heirlooms.

“While a laptop or camera can be replaced, unless you have backed up your documents and photos elsewhere you might never get them back.”

Officers will be increasing patrols and carrying out targeted operational activity over the coming months. Members of the public are also being reminded to play their part by locking up and lighting up, with the longer and darker nights ahead.

Mr Joyce added: “One of the emotions that victims of burglary go through time and time again is regret; our officers are often told by victims that they wish they had done more. Simple things like they wished they’d lock their door behind them when they got in, or had not left their keys and bag by the window for a burglar to see.

“With the longer and darker nights now upon us, we are urging residents to consider what the true cost of burglary would be to them and what they can do to protect their home.

“Crime prevention doesn’t need to cost huge sums of money. By taking steps such as always locking doors and windows, not leaving cash or valuables on show and leaving a light, radio or television on when you leave the house, you can significantly reduce your chances of being a victim of burglary.”

Mark Burns-Williamson, the Police and Crime Commissioner for West Yorkshire, said: "The invasion of people's personal space and the theft of all too often irreplaceable belongings, is an experience that makes people feel extremely anxious and vulnerable.

"While the police and partners have worked hard to reduce the number of burglaries in recent years, and there have been some significant successes with bringing burglary rates down...communities in West Yorkshire still suffer from burglary in comparison to other similar areas in the country.

"I would urge people to take note of the campaign and take simple steps to protect their home and visit the West Yorkshire Police website or get involved with a local Neighbourhood Watch scheme for more information on how to stay safe this autumn and winter."

Throughout the campaign, West Yorkshire Police will be tweeting information and advice using the hashtag #TrueCost.

District crime prevention officers are there to support members of the public in helping you to do your bit to prevent crime and can be contacted via 101.

Helpful crime prevention tips and more information about the campaign can also be found on the West Yorkshire Police website at: www.westyorkshire.police.uk/burglary

Replies in this thread : 28

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Burglaries - be aware  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to