Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Christmas lights 2014

Replies in this thread : 30

Author

Topic : Christmas lights 2014

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

14/09/2014 : 17:37:32      reply with quote

I know some of you will think this is a bit early, but we have already been getting ready for the event for the last year.
This years lights will be being erected on the weekend of the 15/16 Nov, so please book it in your diaries so you do not double book anything else like a fishing trip or something!
click for more information

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

12/11/2014 : 09:32:35      reply with quote

Hi

Can anyone please let me know what days and times you are needing help. I have a disability which prevents me from climbing ladders but I am willing to help with anything else

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

12/11/2014 : 11:29:23      reply with quote

posted by hermione fraggle
Hi

Can anyone please let me know what days and times you are needing help. I have a disability which prevents me from climbing ladders but I am willing to help with anything else
Hermione, Thanks; We will be starting this years erections at 8 AM on Saturday morning 15/11 you are welcome to come along; your help will be very useful don't worry about not being able to climb ladders for every one that goes up a ladder we need about two on the ground supporting, I look forward to seeing you do not be shy.

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

12/11/2014 : 11:36:37      reply with quote

I will be there Grandad but need to leave for appointment at 11 but will be back in time for the interesting bit.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

12/11/2014 : 14:32:07      reply with quote

silsden Gala, Great news see you there.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2014 : 15:32:09      reply with quote

count me and my gang in granddad especially if landlord is paying for lunch hahahah oh and then we could look at his beer festival after the lights are up.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2014 : 17:27:17      reply with quote

Many thanks for the help Skippy, Glad to hear you intend to wait until after all the ladder climbing is over to start the beer tasting.
See you on Saturday morning planning to start about 8 AM.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

15/11/2014 : 17:47:54      reply with quote

well granddad that's them up again well done everybody( who helped to eat landlords stew)sorry I mean helped putting up the lights. look out for the 2 new features and see if you can guess which of the older ones have been refurbed. a big thanks should go out to gala committee for the BIG new feature also thanks to airevally insurance for allowing us to use their property and electric (I hope), also thanks to david,judy and josh Isherwood for their continued (electric) support. the official switch on will be sun 30th nov after the Christmas market again well done everybody.(any problems with this thread rosy lea)

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

15/11/2014 : 18:04:06      reply with quote

The new features will look fabulous happy :)

First time I have helped with the lights but it was good fun, felt very welcomed by the team. Even if I did start to loose the feeling in my fingers and toes by the time I had to leave (southern softie and all that).

angusmecoatup
Website Member

Website Member

15/11/2014 : 18:25:59      reply with quote

Many thank to all involved in putting the lights up you contribute to something to be proud of. Hope there was not to much meat in the stew

paperclip
Website Member

Website Member

15/11/2014 : 18:44:19      reply with quote

In Silsden this morning from foreign parts(Steeton) - to go to the Building Society and Travel Agents plus have excellent usual coffee. Lights going up all round. Loads of people up ladders in a brilliant community effort. (Stew and beer obviously needed later)

Great to see the old Santa with a slightly worn nose leaning on the car park wall waiting to go up. It's good to have new decorations but please keep the trad. ones too if possible. They suit the street.

Steeton and Eastburn have a new community group raising funds for more Christmas lights. Your example was part of what prompted its start up.
It's a different ball game here(and NOT a competition silsdenwarriors.com)so wish us luck and thanks again for what you do to make trips to and through Silsden so festive every year.

angusmecoatup
Website Member

Website Member

15/11/2014 : 19:02:36      reply with quote

Good to see the wa#king santa back up again outside purple garlic hee hee

Floyd
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2014 : 00:29:13      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

What a fantastic job Grandad that you and your men and ladies have done today I don't know who finances this lights project but if it's down to donations and not grants then I will start the ball rolling for 2015 lights with a 100 donation towards new features ,come on cobbydalers follow my gesture with donations and lets see if we can make silsden lights somewhere where people will visit just to see our display , I don't mind co ordinating the the fundraising

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2014 : 09:39:43      reply with quote

And ladies

BMWR1100SS
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2014 : 11:13:16      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Here's the picture of all of the gang that helped, excluding one or two that had to leave early.

You can also use this link to view both on the same page and be able to enlarge them:
postimg.org/gallery/1arsl2frq/df20c51c/

Listener
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2014 : 11:36:40      reply with quote

I will donate 20 on behalf of the Football Club Floyd, a great idea.

BMWR1100SS
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2014 : 12:06:24      reply with quote

floyd thats a fantastic and generous thing to do and same again to you listener..from what i remember we do get a very small amount from bradford so anything extra will help loads thanks again.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2014 : 12:25:35      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

BMWR1100SS--------Would you have any objections if i posted enlarged images of your pictures? The other one is out of focus shall i post

BMWR1100SS
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2014 : 12:31:22      reply with quote

No midway no objections at all.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2014 : 12:54:43      reply with quote

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2014 : 14:29:53      reply with quote

To those who have help with this years lights, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all, we couldn't have done without you.

I will let everybody know when we will be taking them down!

To those who have generously offered donations, if you would take them into the Kings Arms and give them to the landlord; I am sure he will make sure they get to us.

Also thanks for the photo of the group, and I even got a congratulation for having a youth training scheme by a member of the public; when he saw me with two of our younger helpers, although I am sure somebody will say that when standing beside me most of them look young, even if like me they don't feel it this morning.
solid wood flooring

Listener
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2014 : 14:42:01      reply with quote

If you read Floyds post he is going to coordinate grandad, I shall give him mine.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2014 : 15:08:19      reply with quote

posted by hermione fraggle
The new features will look fabulous happy :)

First time I have helped with the lights but it was good fun, felt very welcomed by the team. Even if I did start to loose the feeling in my fingers and toes by the time I had to leave (southern softie and all that).

hermione sorry about the cold, your help was welcome, unfortunately it does sometimes get even colder, I would suggest a trip to Damart they do some very warm underwear all be it at a price.
We hope to see you again.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2014 : 15:44:37      reply with quote

listener, thank you and when floyd has finished coordinating all the collection he can take than to the Kings Arms.

Rosy Lea
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2014 : 20:07:19      reply with quote

Well done everyone we did a great job a brightening up our town!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2014 : 23:16:01      reply with quote

posted by Rosy Lea
Well done everyone we did a great job a brightening up our town!
Did anyone see we?

midway
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2014 : 23:43:26      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Yes. she is just trying to wind Grandad up.

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2014 : 10:18:45      reply with quote

Where on the photo is she?

I have never in the past agreed with anything magy thatcher said, but in this case here comment about denying terrorists the oxygen of publicity; should be applied to this evil person.

blob
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2014 : 22:35:40      reply with quote

Lights looked great tonight when I saw them properly for the first time! Thanks to anyone who helped Grandad and Grandad himself!

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

18/11/2014 : 12:55:43      reply with quote

Thank you for all (most) of your kind comments, yes this years display does look good and there is more to come when the lights in the Memorial Gardens are illuminated at the Street market, it usually takes place at about 16.30hrs or 4.30 PM if you prefer.

Frankiegray1993
Website Member

Website Member

18/11/2014 : 20:09:06      reply with quote

The lights look great!! Thank you to everyone who put them up happy :)
My little girl loves them and we can't wait to see the big light switch on!! happy :)

Replies in this thread : 30

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Christmas lights 2014  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to