Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Best Diesel & Petrol Price Around

Replies in this thread : 11

Author

Topic : Best Diesel & Petrol Price Around

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

20/09/2014 : 00:25:50      reply with quote

sainsbury petrol station in Keighley have the best price around on fuel by far unleaded (95) 1.25.9 PL and diesel at 1.29.9 PL
click for more information

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

20/09/2014 : 07:46:23      reply with quote

thats good its opened again,i will be using and filling up the gas guzzlerlaugh :D

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

20/09/2014 : 08:06:47      reply with quote

Supermarket fuel is not recommended for modern diesels just making short trips or the diesel particular filter will block, as I found out.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

20/09/2014 : 09:19:27      reply with quote

You are spot on there gazzer,supermarket diesel contains more bio fuel,this is why it blocks filters.

Lewis
Website Member

Website Member

20/09/2014 : 10:34:16      reply with quote

I find a diesel cleaner added every 5,000 miles helps when using cheaper diesel.

Less than 5 a time.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

20/09/2014 : 11:05:08      reply with quote

I agree with Gazzer, after having an injector fail because of supermarket diesel, I have not used the stuff again.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

20/09/2014 : 11:08:17      reply with quote

Yes that's a good tip Lewis,best to use it a month before MOT, yes i does clean injector tips to give a better reading on emissions ,But please don't use cheap diesel in a modern/ high performance vehicle.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

20/09/2014 : 11:34:57      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

old wives tale if u ask me, been putting it in 3.0L diesel r rover for 8 years now,and not a hick up with enginehappy :)ps diesel 129.7 at asda

midway
Website Member

Website Member

20/09/2014 : 11:44:33      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hold that thought doggy, i have a barn to empty at the moment, back later. Millions of motorists have been warned they could face unexpected breakdowns this winter due to problems with diesel sold on supermarket forecourts.

Under EU regulations, fuel suppliers have in recent years been obliged to blend conventional diesel and petrol with increasing amounts of environmentally friendly biofuels.

But experts believe rising biodiesel concentrations could be behind a growing number of breakdowns caused by a build-up of a thick gel in vehicles' engines.

Breakdown services last month saw a sudden uptick in call-outs from drivers whose engine filters have become blocked by the substance
RAC teams attended 600 such incidents last month, suggesting that thousands of Britain's 9.4 million drivers of diesel vehicles could be affected

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

20/09/2014 : 18:27:16      reply with quote

www.petrolprices.com/members-search.html?search=BD20+9QS

midway
Website Member

Website Member

22/09/2014 : 17:15:47      reply with quote

Form your own opinion, biodiesel is cheaper to manufacture than it is to refine crude oil into diesel. conclusion the % of bio-fuel to conventional diesel is on the increase in order to keep the price lower.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2014 : 12:55:27      reply with quote

Tesco Admits Diesel At Poole Store Was Contaminated

25th September 2014, 16:23
Petrol Pump

Tesco says tests to find out how contaminated diesel got into its petrol station in Poole are ongoing.

www.heart.co.uk/dorset/news/local/drivers-complain-problems-branksome-tescos-diesel/

Replies in this thread : 11

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Best Diesel & Petrol Price Around   

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to