Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > becks and water courses in silken

Replies in this thread : 6

Author

Topic : becks and water courses in silken

bigmama
Website Member

Website Member

11/10/2014 : 16:30:12      reply with quote

Has anyone got any new or old maps of water courses in silsden.or any knowlage about the water courses in and around silsden . I know some are obvious like silsden beck which is abouve ground and visable . but wondered about the lesser known and hidden becks running underground from the moors . Any onfo would be much appreciated thanks.
click for more information

midway
Website Member

Website Member

12/10/2014 : 09:03:27      reply with quote

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

17/08/2010 : 23:32:02 reply with quote
This 1938 OS map might be of interest. It shows where the mill pond was (it's quite large so it will take a while to load).
www.silsden.net/useful/artwork/Silsden_map_1938.pdf

bigmama
Website Member

Website Member

12/10/2014 : 10:34:52      reply with quote

Thank I will take a look.

DoubleD
Website Member

Website Member

12/10/2014 : 18:32:21      reply with quote

Hi Bigmamma,

Why do you want to know, is it just natural watercourses you are after?

bigmama
Website Member

Website Member

12/10/2014 : 22:31:10      reply with quote

Hi I am interested iwith all natural water courses and culvets.the main reason I am asking IisI think there may be one running through my land as it seems to well up and pool in my garden . Was just wondering if there are any underwater streams coming down from the moors . I know there is a well on the map just above my property but it seems to vanish just before town head sand i am intregued and want to find out if it runs under ground down just to the back of bolton road town head side . Curiosity really it would be great to find out if I am right .or wrong about this.
So if you know or csn point me to where I csn find out sbout this I would be a very happy lady.

DoubleD
Website Member

Website Member

12/10/2014 : 22:50:34      reply with quote

Would that be the well just next to "watery lane"? (Might be a bit of a give away) Sounds like a spring to me. I don't know of any watercourses underground that far down, just a aqueduct that is further up but would not affect townhead. Does that water come and go depending on the weather or is it fairly constant?

bigmama
Website Member

Website Member

15/10/2014 : 22:00:16      reply with quote

Hi tthere . Yes the water is depentant on weather I think . Ive been chstting to someone who believes it is an old stone enclosed culvet coming down from about watery lane area . It seems to go down the back gardens top of bolton road and the person I spoke to added she thinks a chap went into it a couple of years back and has photos .. id love to track him down and see them

Replies in this thread : 6

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > becks and water courses in silken  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to